Confirmed Buy-Out [OTT] Senators buy-out F Colin White

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
if he wants to win, he will come to the Rangers. They need center ice depth bad and he would get ice time, fit in with the young group and veteran core on this team. He would get 15 20 mins here. Strome Copp are gone.
Seems like a good fit. But I'd really love to know who is going to be signing all these UFA's. No one has any cap space. After Forsberg, Gaudreau, Malkin, Giroux, Palat, Kadri and Nichushkin what money is actually left? These middle of the pack guys are in for a rude awakening. There is a reason there are so many available players this year. Year 3 of a flat cap is going to take its toll. The stromes and copps of the world are going to be the ones to feel it. I'd bet one comes back on a short term deal.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Seems like a good fit. But I'd really love to know who is going to be signing all these UFA's. No one has any cap space. After Forsberg, Gaudreau, Malkin, Giroux, Palat, Kadri and Nichushkin what money is actually left? These middle of the pack guys are in for a rude awakening. There is a reason there are so many available players this year. Year 3 of a flat cap is going to take its toll. The stromes and copps of the world are going to be the ones to feel it. I'd bet one comes back on a short term deal.
Watch us sign both right before UFA begins after the draft happens and Dubois is not dealt here. I bet Dubois is gone by the draft. I get that feeling

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I remember when he was a big name in the Duchene trade talks. Hadn’t really followed him since. That contract was pretty optimistic.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think the biggest actual question in this is actually, how much does he get once he hits the market? What is a short "prove it" deal to see if he can stay healthy and do something worth to the many center-needy teams out there looking for depth with upside?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
He has had some of the worst injury luck I’ve ever seen. It has probably stolen some of his potential.

He’s actually pretty decent, just vastly overpaid.

If he was making 2 million they wouldn’t buy him out.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Yes Montréal will be in for White.
But it's a typical move normally made by Joe Sakic
(Nichushkin, Yakupov, Grigorenko etc)

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
All these great things you are saying about White,where is the GM who drafted him working?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's too bad it didn't work out, gotta say though this was one of the deals in the last decade I remember hating from day 1.

At the time, felt more like a PR move to the fans that they can keep players long-term as I believe they also signed Chabot around the same time. Colin hit 40 points playing with Mark Stone and Brady Tkachuk, didn't get to 20 goals and was -24. They lost Stone so it was pretty obvious White was going to have even tougher time being effective.

Instead of seeing how he performs from there they reward him with a 6 year deal right off the bat.

Yeah there were injuries, but Dorion got what he deserved here in my opinion.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I just don’t see the fit. MTL has so many middle 6 C types. I’d go 99% Boston, .5% NYR, and .5% the field

...if Ottawa & Montreal make the Anderson & Dvorak deal, he would be a stop-gap until Wright/Cooley are ready to take over...cheapy show-me deal...

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I'd love to sign this guy in Toronto. There is some potential there to be a solid third liner.
You guys ran Kampf for the year. Most third liners will be a dissapointment compared to him, especially White in my opinion.

But if your shifting White to wing that might work out to be a really good shut down line.

Dubas is really good at filling bottom six roles cost effectively imo

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Ken Holland music. 4x4M incoming. Coincidentally you seem lucky to get 4x4 games out of the guy every year.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Right shot C....Canucks will have interest for sure.

Does he kill penalties?
He does not. Only 18 minutes of PK time for his entire career.

This is part of his problem - he just never found any sort of niche. Doesn't kill penalties, doesn't score much, not physical, doesn't win faceoffs. Hard guy to find a role for.

FW6lYWWXkAAmOL3

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Sucks for him to lose so much money, but he is a NHL player, so gotta work for it a bit more.
on the other side he has a guaranteed income of 875k a year for the next 6 years without playing another game , if he finds a team to pay him a couple of million a year for the next 5 years he will recoup plus a little interest , he could probably make the missing 9 million overseas and save a shyte ton on the taxes .

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
on the other side he has a guaranteed income of 875k a year for the next 6 years without playing another game , if he finds a team to pay him a couple of million a year for the next 5 years he will recoup plus a little interest , he could probably make the missing 9 million overseas and save a shyte ton on the taxes .

Wait if you're bought out, you don't get the balance of your contract $4.75M x 3)? Thought that was the whole point of "buying out" i.e. pay off the contract to free up cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad