Confirmed Buy-Out [OTT] Senators buy-out F Colin White

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Wonder if that means the Habs will make him an offer given the rumors and his connection to the new GM as his former client.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is Boston in dire need of 4th liners or someone to fill up the IR spot?
The interest being shown in him in this thread must be purely out of name recognition / concept that he was a first rounder (a long time ago) who had one decent season (a long time ago). Everybody thinking they are going to rehab him into some sort of useful player.

He’s Tyson Jost that can’t stay healthy. Anybody thinking he should get anywhere close to $2 million is just flushing cap space down the toilet. He’s a one year, $1 million type depth player at this point and should be nowhere near the top of any club’s “oh we should be all over this” list. I’m not sure what exactly he is “the perfect fit” for on any NHL club with ambitions other than just a depth body.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It sucks it played out the way it did, but he never did find a role where he could be comfortable. Where ever he goes he should be a RW. Change of scenery and full time move to the wing could help him carve out a niche and become a useful player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Will be a great value signing this summer.

Was overpaid on the Sens, and they needed to get out of the contract this summer, but will be a solid 3rd liner for some team.

Reactions: bert

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Pretty decent chance he signs in Montreal. They were reportedly interested at the deadline and Hughes is his former agent.
Ya if he's bought out and comes in under 1 mil for a season than fine but i would rather stay away from him.
The guy is terrible.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
if he wants to win, he will come to the Rangers. They need center ice depth bad and he would get ice time, fit in with the young group and veteran core on this team. He would get 15 20 mins here. Strome Copp are gone.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This was a good buyout for Pierre Dorian and the Senators.

Better to be proactive now and impose the 1/3 buyout.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
if he wants to win, he will come to the Rangers. They need center ice depth bad and he would get ice time, fit in with the young group and veteran core on this team. He would get 15 20 mins here. Strome Copp are gone.
Surprised Copp isn’t coming back. I know the cap is tight but he was dynamite for Rangers

Reactions: RangersFan1994

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
He would be adequate as a 3rd line RW. Either that or a utility man to fill in for injuries everywhere. He does a little bit of everything, it just doesn't add up to much. Eventually you get sick of him in favor of players who have specialties.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As per Friedman via SNET, Montréal and Ottawa were discussing something... Like he also said "Keep in mind that Kent Hughes was his agent prior to be named Montreal's GM"
I just don’t see the fit. MTL has so many middle 6 C types. I’d go 99% Boston, .5% NYR, and .5% the field

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What he should want is a chance to re-establish himself as a legit regular nhler. Important choice for him this off season. A subpar season with a new club may land him only a PTO in 2024 or a trip to Europe to further his career.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What he should want is a chance to re-establish himself as a legit regular nhler. Important choice for him this off season. A subpar season with a new club may land him only a PTO in 2024 or a trip to Europe to further his career.
He would play with more talent than the teams he has been on in the past. That should help one would think

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If it hadn't clued into you yet, I actually live in Ottawa which is why that's my username. It has everything to do with the city (that I love) and nothing to do with the team.

That girl in your avatar is cute. Is she your sister?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Only thing I will argue with in this is that I think he moves his feet just fine... just way too much on the perimeter. I think he is just scared of unexpected contact. He's very willing to go in when he can prepare himself and protect against the hit... he's still a very good player along the boards. But he doesn't seem willing to take the net-side crosschecks, or potentially take a hit to get the puck into a high-danger scoring area.

I do think part of this is that he has been 80% healthy or 80% game shape or 80% confidence (or less) for so many of his games. But a lot of those factors are within his control, even if strengthening your mindset or your body are difficult things to do, especially when facing adversity.

But I do think White wants to be that player... he lives for the game and he wants to be an important player. I think he will get there. But expectations will need to be kept low. Let him exceed low expectations for a while, rather than fail to meet lofty ones.
Yeah, he identifies as a "rat rink"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2