Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Matt Murray signs extension (4 years, $6.25M AAV)

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Looks like a massive overpay, but Ottawa probably has difficulty getting UFA's to sign there, so gotta pay the Ottawa tax. As I Jets fan I know all about this tax :(

Reactions: Devonator

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Book is out on Murray- he's weak high glove. His early success was before teams had a good read on him. Smart move by the pens not to give him big money long term.

That said he's young enough that I think with a good goalie coach he can correct and be a decent starter. We'll see.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Cheap owner, I kind of feel sorry for the Sens. He spends the $$$ and gets this type of performance. Sad. :help:

Reactions: banks

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Really thought he would rebound a bit from last season. He just can't seem to get it together again. I remember some sens fans on here who said they swear they won't finish last in this division......

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
This season has been a disaster for him, so far.

Sens fans, has he been the problem? Or would most goalies be struggling like this in his position?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Sens fans, has he been the problem? Or would most goalies be struggling like this in his position?
All goalie will struggling in this situation. Hogberg not better. All goal Murray let in was deflection or screen by player or perfect shot. He give maybe 3 bad goals

Reactions: gab6511 and banks

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

A mix of both... a "decent" GL would have a .875-.900 SV% with the defense that OTT ice at the moment but Murray has allowed his fair share of weak goals in the first 7 games of this weird season start (.849/4.82)

Probably that Högberg would do better at this point from what I've seen so far

Reactions: banks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Matt Murray worst goalie in the league. Vital position.
You also can’t hide a goalie like you can a skater in a lower line. Either the goalie starts the game or backs up.

plus almost no chance another team would ever trade a bad skater contract for a bad goalie contract.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad