KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Guess both guys needed a change of scenery :laugh:

na mannn

both are garbage players, done! finito

the hockey people behind the Ottawa Senators are completely clueless
the Los Angeles Kings have no idea what the f*** they're doing

but hfboard members tho... when they say player X is done, you better god damn listen!!!

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Sens win this easy, Gaborik with a goal and primary assist, on pace for 164pts with the Sens.

On second thought, can we cancel this trade? Phaneuf was helping with the tank and Gaborik is killing us already

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Stop cherry picking. Nobody was carrying the McNabb banner when he was in LA. Pretending to do so now is silly.

Who's pretending?

Osprey said:
He's underrated, as much by Kings fans as by anyone. This is a blow for LA. I believe that he was the 2nd-best defender on the team, based partly on him having the lowest or 2nd-lowest Chances Against/60 of their D corps three years in a row. Doughty also won his only Norris in his only season paired with McNabb. Now, after Doughty, LA is going into next season with Muzzin and Martinez, who were a defensive trainwreck last season, and three kids with a season or less under their belts. LA and its fans are liable to miss McNabb more than they think. -June 21, 2017
Osprey said:
McNabb has the best defensive numbers of anyone in the defense corps, yet will likely continue to be underused, if he's not snatched by Las Vegas. -April 23 2017
Osprey said:
I don't see that as a bad thing for them. [Sekera] hasn't lived up to his promise or even really fit in, IMO. McNabb contributes more to the team, in production and physicality, and he'll probably draw back into the lineup now. He plays the way that LA needs to play to have a hope of making the playoffs. -March 31 2015

That was easy to look up. I don't know why both you and the other guy didn't bother to do so before replying to me. I also defended McNabb on another site. I can see if I can find those quotes for you two, as well, if you need more.

gambitlebo said:
McNabb was available because of the salary cap, expansion rules and the fact he is 2 years older. Stop pretending the Kings were happy he was taken by Vegas.

Making up something that I never said is you pretending it, not me.

Last edited:

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
So Martinez fails to clear the puck and it's on Phaneuf? Yeah ok lol
You mean that Martinez failed to clear a bouncing puck AFTER Phaneuf coughed it up in his own zone, then subsequently stood around like a Pilon while Malkin walked in? He has zero foot speed and thinks the game at a grade 2 level, enjoy him, lol

The argument that Phaneuf knocked it out of the air doesn’t hold water either, he would have lost the foot race to the corner then highly likely missed his assignment, sorry but it’s what he does....us ottawa fans saw lots and lots of this

Phaneuf with a rare goal and -1

Last edited:

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I feel havlat should get a mention here also
And Chara, Bondra...drop heater and havlat from the list and we’ve prob had 4 of the top 10 Slovaks of all time. We need to start exclusively drafting in Slovakia

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You mean that Martinez failed to clear a bouncing puck AFTER Phaneuf coughed it up in his own zone, then subsequently stood around like a Pilon while Malkin walked in? He has zero foot speed and thinks the game at a grade 2 level, enjoy him, lol

The argument that Phaneuf knocked it out of the air doesn’t hold water either, he would have lost the foot race to the corner then highly likely missed his assignment, sorry but it’s what he does....us ottawa fans saw lots and lots of this

Phaneuf with a rare goal and -1

Holy crystal ball batman.

If only you audited Karlsson the way you do Phaneuf!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I do, he’s been awful. Watch more than 1 game of Phaneuf on your team, you’ll start to see what we’re talking about

No one's pretending he's a world beater. He's gonna be a #4-5 on LA and he looked good most of the night considering coming into his first game with LA vs. one of the hottest teams in the league. His reads were fine, he played good d (disarmed Kessel a few times), made smart plays with the puck. Don't need him to do anything but take up space and eat 18 minutes a game. I'm sure he'll settle in and do knucklehead things now and then but that's still an upgrade.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
No one's pretending he's a world beater. He's gonna be a #4-5 on LA and he looked good most of the night considering coming into his first game with LA vs. one of the hottest teams in the league. His reads were fine, he played good d (disarmed Kessel a few times), made smart plays with the puck. Don't need him to do anything but take up space and eat 18 minutes a game. I'm sure he'll settle in and do knucklehead things now and then but that's still an upgrade.
you won’t see much of this from him, his lack of thinking the game and speed has killed his game. He’s a great pro to have around young guys and a mean sob to play against but I figure he’s closer to a 5-6 on a contender. He just makes too many mistakes and gets torched against faster players which is almost everyone in the league

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Holy crystal ball batman.

If only you audited Karlsson the way you do Phaneuf!

Karlsson has been criticized plenty over the years for poor defensive plays, but even when he made mistakes, he could make up for it by getting the goal back by scoring one or setting one up. That wasn’t really the case with Phaneuf the last two years.

I hope he does well for you guys, but I’m relieved he’s gone.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Yeah from what I saw Phaneuf looked good, played with a bit more of an edge than he had of late.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Maybe don't build your team around 1 player? What you are saying is 1 player is the difference between being a playoff team and being at the bottom of the league. Trading that 1 guy and building a more solid team will give you more success.

Stop cherry picking. Nobody was carrying the McNabb banner when he was in LA. Pretending to do so now is silly. McNabb was available because of the salary cap, expansion rules and the fact he is 2 years older. Stop pretending the Kings were happy he was taken by Vegas.

Forbert is still learning and has the same, if not more, upside as McNabb. What you failed to address is going into this year, Forbert cap hit is $650K and McNabb cap hit is$1.7M. When you are a GM of a team that is close to the cap limit, decisions have to be made, not just for today but also the future. Maybe if someone was willing to take Gaborik's salary before the expansion draft, the Kings could have kept McNabb?

Plus, McNabb was set to be a UFA in July where Forbert was a RFA. Even though they both eventually signed a similar contracts this year, McNabb's hit is @ $2.5M starting next year and Forbert hit is @ $2.52M, the Kings had more flexibility and certainty with Forbert. McNabb's contract is 4 years. Forbert's is 2.

The Kings made the right chose based on the position they are in. With Ottawa retaining 25%, they are only paying $375K more for Phaneuf then they were for Gaborik. Hardly an "expensive" mistake especially considering both players injury history. Chances are pretty good that Phaneuf will play more then Gaborik over the next 4 years. Assuming Gaborik isn't bought out by Ottawa.
How did LA do with Quick out??TB with Stammer??You cant just magically replace elite level players,EK is one of the best nhl defenders him not being at a 100% is a huge reason,why we havent been able to put much together..Couple in other injuries in our top 6 and it can get pretty bad pretty quick....

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Played a good game last night.

Agility is average but expected, one bad decision from him and even more Martinez which resulted in a goal but positionally sound. Good passing game. Thing I noticed the most, he is extremely relaxed. Sometimes a bit too much. Scored a goal and drew a penalty.

Might improve the Kings drastically with 15-18 minutes a game. Doughty only played 23 minutes last night.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Played a good game last night.

Agility is average but expected, one bad decision from him and even more Martinez which resulted in a goal but positionally sound. Good passing game. Thing I noticed the most, he is extremely relaxed. Sometimes a bit too much. Scored a goal and drew a penalty.

Might improve the Kings drastically with 15-18 minutes a game. Doughty only played 23 minutes last night.
The one thing we are going to miss is he physical presence...They guy will flatten anyone in the crease

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad