Confirmed Trade: [OTT/LA] Phaneuf (25% Retained) + Thompson for Gaborik + Shore

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You keep believing that. I'm happy he's gone. Best of luck to him in LA though. Loved his leadership.

Moving on from him is due to contract, and by all accounts that may be the right way to go.

But keep slagging him for some reason if it makes you feel better. LA got better, and thats what matters to them.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not sure he ll get a chance on it to be honest. With Lewis and Carter coming back soon Thompson may be on the outside of our lineup looking in

He's a rather capable fourth line guy. If he does find his way into the lineup he'll look good. Not gunna set the world on fire or anything tho.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Moving on from him is due to contract, and by all accounts that may be the right way to go.

But keep slagging him for some reason if it makes you feel better. LA got better, and thats what matters to them.
Yah and sens got better. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yah and sens got better. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

We’re better off in the long run. We may not be better today, but that doesn’t really matter since we’re not making the playoffs this year anyway.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Pretty meh trade. Feel bad Gaborik is stuck on a bad team now.

Gabs has his Stanley Cup, which IMO he was the MVP of, so I doubt he gives a shit. Lived in LA and NYC. Has a gorgeous wife. About to retire with a boatload of money. Life is good for Marian Gaborik. Will be remembered for being a very exciting sniper with a body constructed of paper-thin glass.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I said it earlier in this thread If Dion can help our pp (and he has 2 goals in 3 games on it so he has) and add a bit of snarl from the defense we win this trade and so far i have been right.
Who won the trade is not important. The Kings improved, those 2 goals aside. That is important.

In a perfect world, Phaneuf would not be playing for the Kings. They had to get rid of some dead weight and got better at the blueline.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Who won the trade is not important. The Kings improved, those 2 goals aside. That is important.

In a perfect world, Phaneuf would not be playing for the Kings. They had to get rid of some dead weight and got better at the blueline.

Win may not have been the right word let me use the word improved. Early in the year the kings had a physical defense man in the lineup with MacDermid. The kings got off to a 11 2 record i believe The problem is he only played 11 mins a game or under and the rest of the defense was playing to many mins The kings missed this element to there lineup This is a strength of Dion. We also needed another defense man to play on the 2nd pp pairing. We were using Forbort at time ffs. Dion is no drew doughty defensively however being paired with Martinez he doesn't have to be. Dion is playing on the kings were our forward come back to support the defense man unlike in Ottawa. This will help mask his defensive downside. The kings needed a defense man of Dion qualities bad so i disagree with your perfect world scenario.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
damnnnn Phaneuf's on pace for 400 goals

hey to all the bad teams out there, if y'all have any more of them ''can't play in the NHL no mo'' type players

send them our way

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino