GDT: OTT @ DET I 2:00pm EST I 3/31/2017

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Just curious, who is 31st? Nyquist has literally been on the first line all year, as well as the 1st PP, and won't even hit 40 points. Pathetic.

Atoi per game:

Larkin - 19:48
Z - 19:34
Nyq - 17:55
Mantha - 17:16
Abdelkader - 16:39
Neilsen - 15:52
Helm - 15:35
AA - 15:22
Bertuzzi - 14:14
Glendening - 13:18
Frk - 10:14
Svechnikov - 8:29

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Can't complain that our kids are too good. Larkin, Mantha, Svech, Hicketts.. these are the guys leading the way to victories right now. I like what I'm seeing.

Someone said only Larkin improved this season but I'd include Mantha and AA too. Mantha seems to be settling into being who he is and AA's made small steps. Compare AA to Svechnikov on a few of the shifts yesterday, at this stage is a much more mature player.

Including Bertuzzi these are possibly great secondary pieces to a future contending team. The drive and energy are there which is awesome to see.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I don't think Howard has been consistent.
I think if you look at his game log, you'll see a heck of roller coaster.
Based on the dictionary definition of consistency, I don't see Howard as consistent.

He rarely lets in goals he should've saved. With the amount of grade A chances the team gives up every game, it's kind of impressive he's been able to post average numbers with so many games played.

Reactions: Oddbob

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Now im not sure if anyone will agree with this. And id like to state the playing styles are not similar but... AA reminds me of Evander Kane, for the pure fact they have so much raw skill but seem to have small issues that stop them from hitting their potential. Kane is starting to realize it in San Jose. I really hope we keep AA and let him develop and give him some freedom to play his game . Not many players have game breaking ability, but he does. He doesnt use it often but thats still more than 80% of the league... allow him to have his growing pains and maybe if we are lucky he will pull it all together as a member of the Wings. Worst case.. we invested a 4th rounder? (I think) in an entertaining player during the down years.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Can anyone explain why the team are winning games now when they should just basically leave a walk over? THERES NOTHING TO GAIN FROM WINNING NOW, why are they even shooting pucks on the goals? The GM should just tell them to take early vacation.
You can't expect guys like Svechnikov and Hicketts, who are playing to show they belong in the NHL, to not try. You can't expect younger guys like Larkin, Mantha and AA who are playing for contracts as well as for their honor and to not be known as players who deliberately lose, to not try. You can't expect veterans that we've deliberately kept around for their winning mentality and work ethic, to not try.

With all that in mind... I'm pretty sure we still have one of the worst post-TDL records. Team can't lose every game and unfortunately neither Ottawa or Buffalo looked at all interested in winning against us.

Reactions: Oddbob

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Now im not sure if anyone will agree with this. And id like to state the playing styles are not similar but... AA reminds me of Evander Kane, for the pure fact they have so much raw skill but seem to have small issues that stop them from hitting their potential. Kane is starting to realize it in San Jose. I really hope we keep AA and let him develop and give him some freedom to play his game . Not many players have game breaking ability, but he does. He doesnt use it often but thats still more than 80% of the league... allow him to have his growing pains and maybe if we are lucky he will pull it all together as a member of the Wings. Worst case.. we invested a 4th rounder? (I think) in an entertaining player during the down years.

Agreed. I've said the same thing numerous times.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Agreed. I've said the same thing numerous times.

If that is all he is, than I am completely fine with saying goodbye to AA. Players like that are only on Cup teams usually if there are a 2-3-4 elite players driving the bus, and we have had so many riders lately in.... Tatar, Nyquist, AA, potentially Mantha. If we get a really good young player in return for him, or a 12-15 1st Rnd pick its time to move him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If that is all he is, than I am completely fine with saying goodbye to AA. Players like that are only on Cup teams usually if there are a 2-3-4 elite players driving the bus, and we have had so many riders lately in.... Tatar, Nyquist, AA, potentially Mantha. If we get a really good young player in return for him, or a 12-15 1st Rnd pick its time to move him.

Guys who can carry a franchise are rarely found in the middle of the first round.

Nope continue to bad but.. Just be worse

Pick top five for a few years and AA will compliment them perfectly

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Atoi per game:

Larkin - 19:48
Z - 19:34
Nyq - 17:55
Mantha - 17:16
Abdelkader - 16:39
Neilsen - 15:52
Helm - 15:35