Confirmed with Link: [OTT/DAL] Gonchar to Dallas Stars for a Cond. 6th Round Pick in 2013

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Too bad, i thought Gonchar could have contributed on the team next season. I worry about the point on the powerplay, Karlsson, Weridcock . . . phillips and ?

Karlsson, Wiercioch, Cowen, and a right handed shooter. Alfie, Spezza, Silfverberg, Zibanejad...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Worrying about a pp with Karlsson on it = first world hockey problems.

The powerplay with Karlsson on it struggled in the playoffs. Granted that he wasn't playing at full strength, but still.

Gonchar was good on the powerplay, im just not sure how they're going to replace him.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If Pageau can do it power to him. I know that Alfie has played point in the past and done it well, but then that leaves a hole to be plugged down low.

That's why I thought Pageau, great vision doesn't cough up the puck much. Conacher has played the point before but until he learns how to protect the puck better it's to risky.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Nice move by management. I was nervous they would fall for the good start he had and bring him back.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
6th 2013 only makes sense. Isn't the new free agency rule in place this summer? After the draft, the window where any team can wine and dine free agents begins, so Dallas no longer has the pure advantage to sign him.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Via NHL website......

"In the event Dallas signs Gonchar to a contract for the 2013-14 season prior to the start of the draft in Newark, N.J., on June 30, Dallas will transfer its sixth-round selection to Ottawa.
"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Via NHL website......

"In the event Dallas signs Gonchar to a contract for the 2013-14 season prior to the start of the draft in Newark, N.J., on June 30, Dallas will transfer its sixth-round selection to Ottawa.
"

Yeah we're not getting the pick

Which is fine really, Murray at least tried

Gonchar isn't going to Dallas, I just don't see it happening

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Just read he waived his NMC to have his rights traded I think they may be closer then you think to signing him.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Obscurity in Dallas on another rebuilding team or winding down a long, productive career playing in the K in the country of your birth in front of your adoring countrymen. Gonchar has nothing more to prove in NA, IMO. This decision would be easy if I were in his shoes...but I'm not in his shoes.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Pierre LeBrun‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun21s
Talks between Gonchar's camp and the Stars have already begun, FYI

My desire for picks is ridicolous, I am just hoping for a Gonchar-Stars signing.

Ottawa 1st
Ottawa 3rd
Philidelphia 4th(From Tampa)
Ottawa 4th
Ottawa 5th
Ottawa 6th
Dallas 6th

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Just read he waived his NMC to have his rights traded I think they may be closer then you think to signing him.

Where did that come from, and I assume he wouldnt have an issue with that as there is nothing to lose by waiving NMC.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Obscurity in Dallas on another rebuilding team or winding down a long, productive career playing in the K in the country of your birth in front of your adoring countrymen. Gonchar has nothing more to prove in NA, IMO. This decision would be easy if I were in his shoes...but I'm not in his shoes.

Gonchar, like many NHL russians, is primarly based out of Florida. I think he is sticking there

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I loved gonch, and I'm sorry to see him go. Solid guy, classy player, valuable contributor. Hard to see how we could have made the playoffs without him this year. Too many young kids on the come though. Best of luck gonch.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Murray has been pretty classy over the last few years, trading players to decent locations, and letting players go when needed.

With Gonchars money off the cap, we are in a very nice situation.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does this mean we will go

Karlsson-Methot
Cowen-Phillips
Wiercioch-Gryba
Benoit

Will Benoit be the only guy to play in case of injury/scratch or will they bring in someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad