Confirmed with Link: [OTT/DAL] Gonchar to Dallas Stars for a Cond. 6th Round Pick in 2013

TheOriginalSilf*

Saying we got something for nothing is a bit premature

Gonchar is going to go to the KHL and we are likely not getting the conditional pick

You know what is meant. BMurr has provided the opportunity for us to potentially receive something for nothing. Better than just letting the guy walk.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
How is this allowed ? The trade deadline has passed.
C'mon Main, you know better.

Trades can be made as long as no one plays on the active roster.

I'm 99% sure Boston could theoretically acquire Sidney Crosby from the Pens right now, but he wouldn't be allowed to play.

In b4 Danishh spectacularly comes in with a great response clearly outlining the CBA conditions.

CR15

Feb 15, 2010
Windsor
If he signs and we get a late pick great but if not great either way

more time for Murray and co to evaluate the next move without Gonch in the picture ... good luck to him on where ever he decides to play.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The reason why the condition on him re-signing doesn't make sense is that what happens if it's July 1st (not start of FA this year) and Gonchar signs.

Draft has already passed.

I'm 100% sure the condition can't be that due to the fact that it is a 2013 pick and not a 2014. If it was a 2013 pick, Dallas would just wait until after the draft to finalize the deal and not give up a pick.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
C'mon Main, you know better.

Trades can be made as long as no one plays on the active roster.

I'm 99% sure Boston could theoretically acquire Sidney Crosby from the Pens right now, but he wouldn't be allowed to play.

In b4 Danishh spectacularly comes in with a great response clearly outlining the CBA conditions.

I seriously did not know that - my understanding was after the trade deadline no trades of any sort are made until July 1st. The playoffs are going on - the NHL should not allow these types of side-bar news taking the headlines on TSN.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I rather Wiercioch and Gryba, to go along with Karlsson, Methot, Cowen, Phillips as are top 6 dmen.

Good show Gonch you are a true gentleman!!

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I seriously did not know that - my understanding was after the trade deadline no trades of any sort are made until July 1st. The playoffs are going on - the NHL should not allow these types of side-bar news taking the headlines on TSN.
Have you ever watched the NHL Draft? Plenty of trades occur at the draft, which is usually 4 or 5 days before free agency.

And how is this news going to disrupt any of the focus on Pittsburgh - Boston tonight? It won't. I can guarantee you that TSN's main headline at 11pm will have to do with the game tonight rather than the Gonchar signing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Enjoy the draft pick, Sens fans, because I'm guessing GM Nill has plans for Gonchar on the Stars blueline next season.

Sure, he's no Zubov, but he matched our top point-getter (Goligoski) last season so there's still some fight left in him, which is good to see.

Solid deal!

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Enjoy the draft pick, Sens fans, because I'm guessing GM Nill has plans for Gonchar on the Stars blueline next season.

Sure, he's no Zubov, but he matched our top point-getter (Goligoski) last season so there's still some fight left in him, which is good to see.

Solid deal!

Just don't play him against Pittsburgh.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Have you ever watched the NHL Draft? Plenty of trades occur at the draft, which is usually 4 or 5 days before free agency.

And how is this news going to disrupt any of the focus on Pittsburgh - Boston tonight? It won't. I can guarantee you that TSN's main headline at 11pm will have to do with the game tonight rather than the Gonchar signing.

Well what is the point of having a trade deadline then ?!?!?! God this is confusing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The reason why the condition on him re-signing doesn't make sense is that what happens if it's July 1st (not start of FA this year) and Gonchar signs.

Draft has already passed.

I'm 100% sure the condition can't be that due to the fact that it is a 2013 pick and not a 2014. If it was a 2013 pick, Dallas would just wait until after the draft to finalize the deal and not give up a pick.

Could the condition(s) be that it turns into a 2014 pick if he is signed after the draft, and nothing or at the very least something worse if not signed at all?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

It'll make the news-ticker, that's all. Maybe a mention in Canadian sports media and locally in Dallas. This is nothing.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

Solid deal!

Oh, we will. Another Daniel Alfredsson, coming up!

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Well what is the point of having a trade deadline then ?!?!?! God this is confusing.

So you can't have teams who get eliminated shopping off their FA's to a team that is still in it. Theoretically they could acquire the FA, but they wouldn't be able to benefit from him during their playoff run.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Too bad, i thought Gonchar could have contributed on the team next season. I worry about the point on the powerplay, Karlsson, Weridcock . . . phillips and ?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Too bad, i thought Gonchar could have contributed on the team next season. I worry about the point on the powerplay, Karlsson, Weridcock . . . phillips and ?

Karlsson ,weirchioch/ufa/trade, cowen ,methot, then phillips
Would be the order i ssupect.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Lack of rispeck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad