Confirmed with Link: [OTT/DAL] Gonchar to Dallas Stars for a Cond. 6th Round Pick in 2013

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I called it, this will be a trend this year with the lower salaries. Thanks Gonchar, I LOVE that Murray made this trade. Love it, Love it, Love it, we need to stockpile as many assets as possible. We could be wielding an extra prospect in exchange for nothing.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Muy interesante. I forgot you could even make trades right now.

I guess that fills the void we made with the Kassian trade, or theres someone Dorion wants to take a flyer on i guess.

I think we all knew the Sarge was leaving when that KHL rumor popped up a day or two ago.

Weird that its Dallas though. After selling off their vets at the deadline, they aquire the rights of a 39 year old months later...

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
From the press release, kind of sounds like the deal is done.

“We thank Sergei for his efforts in Ottawa,” said Senators general manager Bryan Murray. “We felt that this trade will give Sergei the opportunity to extend his career in the NHL and we wish him success with the Stars.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Muy interesante. I forgot you could even make trades right now.

I guess that fills the void we made with the Kassian trade, or theres someone Dorion wants to take a flyer on i guess.

I think we all knew the Sarge was leaving when that KHL rumor popped up a day or two ago.

Weird that its Dallas though. After selling off their vets at the deadline, they aquire the rights of a 39 year old months later...

they are lining up for a blockbuster to get malkin with a big winger going the other way

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Please don't overpay for a crappy defenseman A.K.A Streit.
Please don't overpay for a crappy defenseman A.K.A Streit.
PLEASE! PLEASE!

No more than 2 @ 10 million.

In before Murray signs Streit 3 years @ 16.5 .

TheOriginalSilf*

Great to see us capitalize and get something out of nothing (potentially).

Gonch probably did more for this team than we saw with our own eyes, and I thank him for his time here. It's a shame he went out the way that he did.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Thanks for everything, Gonch.
Glad we got something back, of course, if the conditions are met. Do we know what they are?

Also, I almost flipped out when I saw OTT/DAL because I was hoping it was Loui Eriksson :laugh:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Thanks for everything, Gonch.
Glad we got something back, of course, if the conditions are met. Do we know what they are?

I would assume him signing, though if it was it would make sense to either have an absolute 6th round pick or a conditional 2014 draft pick.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
they are lining up for a blockbuster to get malkin with a big winger going the other way

I semi follow Dallas, and this makes no sense to me either. Who would they trade? Loui or Benn? Thats what it would take along with a huge +. Theres way more holes on that team than Malkin could cover, so he would leave the next year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Saying we got something for nothing is a bit premature

Gonchar is going to go to the KHL and we are likely not getting the conditional pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad