Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Sens trade Zack Smith to Chicago for Artem Anisimov

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Why are the Sens doing this kind of trade unless they gain something for the future? Pointless!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good deal for both sides.

Ottawa gets a slightly better player who costs less in real dollars.

Chicago gets a slight downgrade, while giving them enough cap room where we don't have to constantly be fussing with cap moves all season.

Would've liked to see us get nothing back salary wise for AA, but if the market isn't there, it isn't there.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
tenor.gif

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You talk as if artem had value... and no one is losing sleep over the Shaw trade. Have a hard time seeing a 61 point pace guy with a two way gritty game at 3.9 mil getting less then a 2nd and a 3rd. We even got more when we traded him when he was a 30 point player. Not to mention the player that we eventually got out of that trade.

Yeah but have miss an average of 20 games per season in the last 3 years. He's injury prone and doesn't really hit anymore, he's not the same Shaw you guys saw in Chicago. He better be on the top line if you want him to contribute at the same pace, the reason he was producing was because Domi was dominant last year.

I really like Shaw but let's hope he doesn't get another head injury because he might retire right after.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I loved Smith in Ottawa. He was a heart and soul player who contributed on the PK. His career high of 25 goals was kind of fluky but he can provide spot duty in the top 6 as a winger. However he has had a bunch of injuries that have slowed him down. He's also a nice guy off the ice too I've ran into him a couple of times.

One of my favourite fights ever. He can really throw them.

Him and Shaw on a line will be fun to watch.

Unfortunately Smith hasn't been that player for years. Stone made him look so good he thinks he's a goal scorer now. Hell, I dont think he’s fought or agitated anyone since he got that contract.

Used to be one of my favorite players. Kadri vs. Smith was one of my favorite things to watch in the Battle of Ontario since they both got in the league.

Waivers kind of woke him up last year, but it didn't last. Went back to his soft, uninspired game shortly after. The trade will inspire him again for sure, just dont expect that to last either.

Reactions: branch and gab6511

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
nice financial move. Hawks get Smith at a lower cap hit, Sens get closer to the floor whilst paying less real dollars to Anisimov.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Gotta be the most Ottawa move ever:
Lateral player trade, more cap, for less actual money. Things coming out Melnyk!

Lateral player trade? Smith is waiver material and Anisimov is a legit top 9 NHLer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad