Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CBJ] Duchene and Bergman for Abramov, Davidson, 1st, and Conditional 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I'm not sure I understand this one from Columbus's perspective. Does this mean they are all-in for a run?
Probably. With Panarin and Bobtovsky bound to leave as free agents, they figure why not try and go for a run in the wide open Metro division. I like the trade for them, even if they end up losing Duchene as a free agent as well.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Probably. With Panarin and Bobtovsky bound to leave as free agents, they figure why not try and go for a run in the wide open Metro division. I like the trade for them, even if they end up losing Duchene as a free agent as well.
Except theyre gonna lose all three for a round or two?

Really really bad asset management

Reactions: Holystik

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

Well my interpretation of the deal is that Columbus has never won a playoff round in their existence. Here they are about to lose two of their marquee players. The Metropolitain division is wide open this year. This year is their best shot to win at least a round so they’re going for that. Nobody expects them to compete for the Cup and I don’t think they expect to either, but the opportunity to finally win a playoff round is within reach and to me, that’s a win for them in and of itself. They’ll likely have to push the reset button for a couple seasons after this one so why not go for broke and give the fans a chance at a series win.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
That's not especially impressive, though. We're talking about NHL prospects here, not young SHL players. You know how many 21yo players scoring 0.5 PPG in SHL make the NHL?

Many if not most of them. It is scored much fewer goals/game in SHL then the NHL.

Reactions: mattihp

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
52893628_10219067009446646_5196734231421648896_n.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
USA

They don't really need futures, they need Panarin and Bob to be there and as good as they can be. Just because you feel one way about it doesn't mean you're right. If they can't get anything that helps the team, winning a round in the playoffs is worth it to a city that never has.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Wait, I thought Dorion REFUSED to make trades with the Eastern Conference.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I have to say i'm shocked. From Ottawa's perspective and Dorion - this is a fantastic trade imo.

considering how laughingly badly he messed up on some previous large trades - this is a good return for Ottawa.

Reactions: SweSensFan

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
SHL translates at about .58 rate... Davidsson would translate to about .34ppg, so he could be expected to post about 25-30pts in the NHL next year based on that. Obviously an inexact measure though

Here are some players who posted comparable totals at similar ages:
Jakob Silfverberg
Andreas Johnsson
Patric Hornqvist
William Karlsson
Calle Jarnkrok
Alexander Steen
Marcus Johansson
Victor Olofsson

Cool. So likely a middle six forward. I like this trade allthough we still payed to much getting Duchene in the first place .

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I have to say i'm shocked. From Ottawa's perspective and Dorion - this is a fantastic trade imo.

considering how laughingly badly he messed up on some previous large trades - this is a good return for Ottawa.
Not really I don't like the prospects they aint elite. Dorion has to hope matt signs with Columbus . 2 first round picks pretty good haul then.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Feels to me like maybe the offers were not that great for Duchene.

But I don't understand why Columbus would do this. They don't have the team to go all in with a big rental.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Feels to me like maybe the offers were not that great for Duchene.

But I don't understand why Columbus would do this. They don't have the team to go all in with a big rental.
now they do. Plus it could serve as a last ditch effort to convince panarin to stay or at least be a backup option in case Panarin walks. Well unless Duchene also walks.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
So many people are underestimating the quality of team in Columbus. Add an asset like Duchene and you can see improvement all throughout the lineup as players move down lines.

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson
Bjorkstrand - Duchene - Anderson
Foligno - Wennberg - Duclair
Robinson - Dubinsky - Jenner
Sedlak, Nash, Hannikainen

Center depth looks much better now. Scoring moves farther down the lineup. The defense is young and probably needs to add a veteran with some playoff pedigree, but they are contender quality.

Reactions: shmotz and MrEckted

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Not a fan of either team, seems like a good return.

Can't compare what Ott gave up to acquire Duchene as he had term when acquired and this deal is for a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad