Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CBJ] Duchene and Bergman for Abramov, Davidson, 1st, and Conditional 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Even with Duchene they don't.

You go for a rental when you think you have a team near the top and it's that one last player to put you on top. Look have you watched the Habs-Jackets game? Doesn't feel like it's a team that's there. The Habs are better and I would never do that.

And doing a move hoping that another player stays is ridiculous. I hope it's not the case.
they were without Panarin but we also beat them in their building with Panarin... But still Duchene is a huge addition and who knows maybe this is their last chance at a cup with thier current roster. Maybe they feel like with the lack of prospect pool they will never have a better chance than this. Things are only gonna get worst for CLB if both russians walk away. Now is their chance.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Disappointed we didn’t get Foudy. Would have expected less pieces coming back obviously if he was included, but I don’t think the deal is bad for Ottaw.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Having Duchene benefited them how? They finished 3rd worst last year and are currently worst this year.

Doesn't matter how many goals you score if your defense is AHL caliber.

Duchene has been awesome for the Senators. Absolutely awesome.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
I am not sure I see trading Panarin if they allow both to play tonight. Once you see the team with both in the lineup, how do you move Panarin?

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Better to have a ship to steer you may or may not end up crashing than not having one at all.

I never thought I'd see the day where just making the playoffs is good enough for a habs fan. Anyone looks good beside the Sens these days. It's a much more fun rivalary when both teams are good, and I think that's something we can both agree on.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I never thought I'd see the day where just making the playoffs is good enough for a habs fan. Anyone looks good beside the Sens these days. It's a much more fun rivalary when both teams are good, and I think that's something we can both agree on.
The bar has been set low for the Montreal fan base after decades of mismangement. Bergevin is just the latest crappy GM in a long line of them over the last 25 years.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I dont think its terrible but the russian prospect is suspect as in ottawa has had a bad track record with Russian players and avoid them.

We have not had a russian in the organization since nikita Filatov and Kovalev prior who was not praised and traded for a 7th round pick to Penguins.

They say they are very high on him but mmm I'm not sure they chose the guys or that prospect in piticular.

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
Duchene having a great year. Hahahah shit return. Joe Sakic fleeced Dorion. What a shame Dorion kill the Ottawa franchise, I really feel bad for them

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
They didn't gave up much, they certainly didn't gave the 1st overall pick in the upcoming draft

A russian suspect prospect + another mid tier prospect

I just mean the GM is saying they are very high on the prospect and all this but i think they are lieing.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I still think it was a good return for a player whose walking away in a few months. Nobody here knows how those 2 prospects will turn out and they also got a 1st and the potential for another 1st.

What OTT paid to acquire him is irrelevant. Every team has those in their history books. The point here is they got some good pieces for a player who was absolutely leaving for nothing.

Reactions: swiftwin

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

One step at a time, our team looks good this year but it isn't our year.

No shame in that my friend.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I still think it was a good return for a player whose walking away in a few months. Nobody here knows how those 2 prospects will turn out and they also got a 1st and the potential for another 1st.

What OTT paid to acquire him is irrelevant. Every team has those in their history books. The point here is they got some good pieces for a player who was absolutely leaving for nothing.

No dude the point here is if you can't manage your locker room you will loose your superstars.

Dont think Karlsson and Hoffman have nothing to do with this.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Not a bad trade for OTT to be honest. They got a 1st from a team that may or may not make the playoffs. That alone beats Nashville/Winnipeg IMO.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It should have been foudy or bust. I couldn't care about the first round pick to be honest.
These 1st rounder can pan out. If there is one thing Dorion is good at, it's drafting. The only 1st rounder that hasn't panned out for Ottawa in the last 10 years was Cowen, who himself was an impact defenceman for a couple of seasons before he got super injured and was sewered by the Leafs.

Edit: And Lazar who we morphed into Formenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->