OT: Other sports thread: Doyers Angels, Rams, Lakers, Bruins, Trojans, Capybaras

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Imagine if the Kings sent out Jonathan Quick as their starter in the playoffs this year, that’s pretty much what the Dodgers did with Kershaw.
Kershaw is a perfect depth pitcher at this point in his career. Good for a few innings. Good as 4th starter on a decent team. A nice send off to a wonderful career. He's not a game 1 starter anymore. It's Roberts and his "I believe" idiot gear that kicks in all the time. He thinks these games are disney movies or something.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
So glad I didn’t put much emotion into the Dodgers season this year. This would be much more frustrating to watch.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Imagine if the Kings sent out Jonathan Quick as their starter in the playoffs this year, that’s pretty much what the Dodgers did with Kershaw.
Well he was pretty good in the regular season.
He is just a horrible playoff pitcher. And he seems to have given the bad playoff energy to Mookie.
Too bad they decided appeasing the woke is more important than winning.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Betts and Freeman are complete ghosts. The frustrating thing isn't that they're losing. It's that they're not even trying. They're actually boring to watch. The MNF had more action in it.

Reactions: McDonald19
How does MLB play 162 games in the regular season then go on to have 3 game wildcard series and then follow it up with 5 game division series? How about cutting back the regular season by 10 games and make the playoffs interesting? It's like running a marathon and the gold medal come down to a 100 meter sprint.

Is anyone else not able to load this site on their phone? I have an android phone for reference. Havent been able to load it in close to a week.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How does MLB play 162 games in the regular season then go on to have 3 game wildcard series and then follow it up with 5 game division series? How about cutting back the regular season by 10 games and make the playoffs interesting? It's like running a marathon and the gold medal come down to a 100 meter sprint.

Is anyone else not able to load this site on their phone? I have an android phone for reference. Havent been able to load it in close to a week.
no problem here.

Have you tried clearing your history and cache and cookies?

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

The format isn't the problem in my opinion. Other teams seem to figure it out. The Dodgers peak every year in August, can't seem to ever be ready for the big lights of October. I'm convinced it's a leadership and management issue, not personnel.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Well he was pretty good in the regular season.
He is just a horrible playoff pitcher. And he seems to have given the bad playoff energy to Mookie.
Too bad they decided appeasing the woke is more important than winning.
Don't worry, I left a message at AOCs office to make sure she knows it's her fault the dodgers are about to get swept.

Reactions: Master Yoda

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
TBF, it was the first time Kershaw melted down early in a playoff game. His meltdowns usually happened in the 6th+ inning where he'd get left in too long and start giving up chain hits and bombs.

Reactions: 21Dog

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This is why it grates me so much when these fools celebrate winning the division like they just won the World Series, then completely choke in the playoffs.
It's really lame. Sure, back in the day, when one team won in each league and immediately went into the WS, it made sense. I can even see when it was four divisions and you went straight to the league championship (ended maybe in the 80's sometime). But now with several rounds, it's a really stupide tradition.

Reactions: 21Dog

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This is why it grates me so much when these fools celebrate winning the division like they just won the World Series, then completely choke in the playoffs.
I've really never understood it in baseball, but it's not out of the ordinary. I did think their little dances after every hit were kinda cringe though.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
The weird thing is I found that a lot of Dodgers fans are fine with just having good regular seasons.
Maybe part of that is because of the long regular season and the short post season.
Dodgers front office obviously thinks it's fine to have probably the worst post season manager in baseball.

Or maybe it's because the fans have been conditioned to accept that they are rooting for chokers.

The format isn't the problem in my opinion. Other teams seem to figure it out. The Dodgers peak every year in August, can't seem to ever be ready for the big lights of October. I'm convinced it's a leadership and management issue, not personnel.

This wasn't directed towards the Dodgers playoff performances and I agree more racetrack isn't going to help them. I just find it odd that the league plays so many regular season games and then plays an abbreviated postseason. To me it seems like the reason for having such a long season is to weed out the weaker competition so that you have the absolute best in the post season. If hockey is playing four 7-game series you would think MLB could do the same. It's also more revenue.

I actually hate the Dodgers. True story I got kicked out of a game twice in one night back in September of 2019. I promised myself I'll never go back there. The cliff notes of the story is they have facial recognition technology and they can easily identify you if you go back after being booted. I disclosed that my water bottle was filled with vodka when I was entering the first time and was told I was being deceptive and had to leave. Meanwhile they demanded my drivers license and voided my ticket without telling me what was going on. The irony is when I bought a cheap outfield ticket and went to the outfield entrance, a guy had beers in his backpack and was told to take them back to his car.

I was at MSG for the first time a few weeks while on a work trip to NY. They had signs for it everywhere. I'm guessing it's now at Staples. Be on your best behavior because they know who you are!

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
The weird thing is I found that a lot of Dodgers fans are fine with just having good regular seasons.
Maybe part of that is because of the long regular season and the short post season.
Dodgers front office obviously thinks it's fine to have probably the worst post season manager in baseball.

Or maybe it's because the fans have been conditioned to accept that they are rooting for chokers.
I personally don't know any happy Dodger fans 🤣

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I gave up baseball a few years back. But dang, pretty crazy the LAD sweep. Last year losing to SD was shocking...but this even more so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad