OT: Other sports.. list your teams

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Are there any Twins fans in Manitoba?
I'd wager that the Twins are the second-most popular MLB team in MB, after the Blue Jays. But it's probably also a pretty distant second.

The only MN team that I think has a noticeable mass of fans here is the Vikings. The others don't move the needle (Timberwolves, MUFC, U of M). I don't know of many Wild fans but you always see lots of them in the stands when they come to town... I'd imagine that many if not most of those made the drive up from ND/northern MN, and aren't actually local.

Reactions: Northerner

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Bombers
Patriots (this goes back to 86 so there have been good times and bad times)

Jays (keep track of the team amd watch highlights)
Raptors (check in occasionally during season and pay closer attention near and during playoffs, when they make it)

Haven't got time to keep up with other sports at all

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
The Bombers of course in football.

NFL my team has been the Raiders since I was a kid.(laugh, get it out of your system, lol). Other teams I'd cheer for over the years based on personnel and as long as they weren't playing the Raiders: San Francisco, Dallas, Miami, Pittsburgh and the Vikings due to seeing many of their games.

Hockey is the Jets, though I grew up a Habs fan since we didn't have the Jets then. I'm an Original Six guy and was a big fan of Chicago and Boston(again when not playing The Habs).

Baseball now is the Blue Jays but was originally the Montreal Expos. Twins and Tigers because we saw them alot on the tube and used to be a big Oakland A's rooter in the 70's when they had the monster teams.

Basketball is The Raptors though I honestly pay the least attention to the NBA of the 4 major team sports. Was a fan of the Celtics and the lakers back in the day. Haven't been to a Sea Bears game but I did used to go Thunder and Cyclone games.

EPL and Liverpool is my team. Cmon and fight me now!:D

Mostly lost track and all interest of all things, tennis, golf, auto racing, bowling(ABC or NBC used to have it on Saturday afternoons I think(Earl Anthony, Pete Weber).

Professional Wrestling fan but today's product and for a long time actually is nothing like the AWA that I grew up with.

Reactions: Northerner

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
NHL Jets (ride or die, no other team)
AHL Moose
CFL Bombers
Swimming - Canada
NFL San Francisco (for 20 years), the Vikes ups and downs
Soccer (World cup) - anyone but Argentina, or Brazil.
NCAA anything Pitt (my daughter's team)
NBA nope can't do it, puzzles me
Baseball sorry I've tried but really can't do it

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
With opening day for MLB passing, I'm happy to say that my Braves started strong

As a casual baseball fan (nowadays - I grew up playing the game and watching/listening to every Jay' .game in the glory days of rhe 90s), I'm wondering how my experience following the team will be vs a diehard Braves fan second guessing every move the manager makes

All the "ehlers should play with schief" fixation on this board makes me wonder if there's an underlying similar convo for every team with certain fans

Anyway, I'm happy to catch highlights for the most part and cheer from afar

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Blue Bombers, Blue Jays. Watching the Blue Jays is kind of like watching the Jets...they seem to have enough talent but can't quite get there

Reactions: Keystone

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bombers, Jays, and FC Miami because they have a smoking hot player

Blue Bombers, Blue Jays. Watching the Blue Jays is kind of like watching the Jets...they seem to have enough talent but can't quite get there
Ain't that the truth.

They follow the same story arch:

Very talented, few holes
Start the season en fuego, and look like serious threats.
Fall apart for no reason
Barely make the playoffs and quickly exit.

The thing that drives me crazy about baseball is that there's a HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO f***ING GAMES

Reactions: Buffdog

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
NHL - Jets
NFL - Vikings
MLB - Blue Jays (I like the Twins too but the Jays are my team)
NBA - Raptors (I like the Timberwolves too but the Raps are my team)
CFL - Blue Bombers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad