OT: Other sports.. list your teams

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I'm pretty sure some of you also follow other sports. What other sports are you into? More importantly: what other teams do you support/follow?

I played football (soccer) most of my life, therefore I'm a huge football geek. I follow FC Luzern (Swiss local team), also have sympathy for a couple other teams in other countries.

Moreover:
American football (Raiders)
Baseball (Braves)
hockey (Jets and EV Zug - also my local team)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm a big soccer fan as well, supported Chelsea since the early 90s. I haven't been able to keep up with it lately - between the expensive streaming platform it's on this year (Fubo) and that, thanks to two small kids, it's hard to watch without the result having been spoiled already.

NFL - I follow the Seahawks.

NBA - Technically the Warriors, I started basically as a joke (Danny Tanner loved them!) before they got good, but I don't watch them very often.

Baseball I can only watch the playoffs, otherwise it's a snoozer to me.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Baseball - Jays but I was a die hard Expos fan growing up
NFL - Vikings
Soccer - Man United
NBA - Raptors

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Twins
Bombers
Liverpool

Not an NFL or NBA guy but enjoy college football and basketball. Gophers mostly.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Bombers Huge CFL fan try to watch every game. But every year I seem to miss one which bugs me lol.

I found as I got older I just didn't have the time or give a shit factor to watch the NHL (no jets) NFL or MLB.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets, Bombers, Cowboys.

Don’t really follow college sports but I’d take LSU or North Dakota. Baseball and basketball I can’t get into but I do like following the Goldeyes and will probably like the Sea Bears as well.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Hockey - Jets & Bruins
MLB - Jays and Mets
CFL - Bombers
F1 - Aston Martin (and any Canadian drivers on the Grid)
Olympics - Canada

That is about if for sports that I ever spend any time watching….Will watch some Tour De France - but only mountain stages, just for the entertainment and pain those riders go through to compete.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
NFL Bronco’s but really it’s all about my fantasy team.

Footie Man U (but I don’t watch much anymore)

Jets for sure but I won’t reach 20 games viewed this season. It’s been a really busy year and I’ve lost my appetite for watching the NHL on TV live since the Covid shut downs.

We don’t watch much TV as a family and only watch sports live together. Growing up in a household with a dad that was a Coach- PhysEd guy and a sports fanatic I thought I would try a more balanced approach and it turns out I over corrected lol.

No rules against it they can turn on a game if they want but I don’t like to watch the games in front of my kids. Both my kids are active in playing Sports and we all enjoy the live events when we get out but that is usually the Banjo Bowl and 2 Jets games. With Busy kids sports schedules pro sports are a low priority and not easy to squeeze in.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I mean the easy ones are Bombers, Jays, Raptors
NFL I prefer the league as a whole but maybe the Giants
Occasionally Toronto FC or Man Utd

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
NBA hate it
NFL hate it
MLS hate it
NLL hate it
CPL hate it

Premier League Man City​

CFL Bombers
PGA Rory Mcllroy
Bundesliga SC Freiburg
I'm an MC fan too. I got hooked on the Premier League years ago while recovering from hip surgery. First game I saw in TV was MC (fan of David Silva) v. Tottenham Hotspur (bit of a fondness for them too). In the UK several years ago and was able to catch a MC v. Tottenham game at the old White Hart Lane stadium (last season for it). It was a hoot. Even my wife got a charge from it. 4-2 for the Hotspur though.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Group 1
Premier - Man City
World Cup Footie - watch everything
Swimming - Canada, Australia or the UK
Winter Olympics - everything all at once
Int'l hockey - Canada
CFL - Bombers
NHL - Jets
F1 - watch from afar, lovely stuff, but years where the car tech dominates is no fun
NFL - Cincy, Buffalo, Vikes, Chargers then anyone but Freaking Kansas City
Curling - lots of beer is required, but MB
Rugby - NZ, Canada

Group2
NBA - waning interest, rarely watch it.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingkiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad