OT: Other sports.. list your teams

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hockey - Kings (once the Jets clear everyone out from management I'll be at least partially back with Jets)
CFL - Bombers
NFL - Ostensibly Buccaneers, in reality generally my fantasy football team (I have Justin Jefferson in a dynasty league, so yeah lots of Vikings lately)
MLB - Blue Jays

Don't pay attention to much else but casually check in from time to time...
NBA - Raptors
EPL - Manchester United
Soccer in general - Wrexham
Tennis - Shapavalov/Auger-Alliassime
CPL - Valour

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Probably a closet Leafs fan too, from that list.

giphy.gif

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
You know things are bad when we are 10 games away from post season... and we are starting to check in on other sports...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Lol with three kids in sports over the past 16 years (and a bunch of hobbies myself), I wish I had the time to follow other sports like I used to. Hell, before the Jets came back I wasn't even following the NHL

And this is from a guy who knew every starter on both sides of the ball on my fave football team and the entire batting orders of most American League teams because of how closely I followed the Jay's back in the day.

I'd say now the only sport I'm somewhat on top of is MMA/submission grappling, but I can't say I have anyone who is a particular favorite. Maybe Gordon Ryan because he's such a dick lol (and the GOAT)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
NHL- Jets
CFL- Bombers
NCAA D1 - University of Denver
NFL- Broncos
NBA- Raptors
MLB- Jays and Dodgers
EPL - Chelsea FC
Tennis, Golf etc… cheer for the Canadian

Lucky enough to have seen many of my teams play live in person in the past year. My kid are into the arts but like attending live sporting events.

Off to Toronto soon to see the Raptors, CNMT play Honduras, Leafs v Panthers and wrap the week up with the Jets and Red Wings.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I dont follow things nearly as much as I used to...have no interest in baseball nor basketball anymore.

NHL: Jets, Coyotes, Senators and Rangers (it worked well when I had 1 team per division then the Coyotes got moved)
CFL: Bombers
NFL: Seahawks and Chiefs
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Bayern Munich

Reactions: kanadalainen

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
NHL - Jets
NFL - 49R's and Packers ( tie)
CFL - Bombers
Golf - Tiger Woods ( like Rory Macillroy and Garcia as well)
Tennis - Men - Shapovalov ( Djokovic) - Women - Iga Swiatek
Baseball - Blue Jays ( seldom watch)
NBA - never watch -- go with Raptors
Curling -Women - Kerrie Einerson --( Men -- Brad Gushue)

Last edited:
Reactions: ennsjd07

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Hey guys. Not gonna lie, I used to be a sports fan. Now I really just read HFBoards (specifically the Jets board) to listen to all your banter. It’s refreshing and full of community frustration.

I’ve been a Jets fan since Selanne (when I was 4 y/o) and lived in Southern MB.
I moved to WI at 5 and was indoctrinated as a Packers fan. But not the kind where I sit in the stadium and cause a ruckus, I used to sit and watch film, my goal was to be a defensive coordinator someday. Never played a game in my life. Lost track of them right about the time they won the Super Bowl in 2010.

Never REALLY got into MLB, NBA, or and fútbol.
Had a German roommate who was crazy about Borussia Dortmund. He made us watch games.
I commentated Div III soccer for a year in college. 😂 never again.

But it’s basically been Jets or bust since 2014.
I love hearing how the young’uns are coming along (moose and prospect reports). That’s the part that fills me with joy.
And when someone like Garrett, Aavco, or the legendary Aavgard would bring a really deep report (or when satire is used. That’s great too). Those are the best. Thank you all for that. Keeps me coming back.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Skol, baby .......................... :laugh:
Every season is like watching a thriller on Netflix , and the phone rings with 1/2 hour left and you have to go out to boost your buddy’s car.
You just wasted 70 mins of your life and your buddy never replaces his battery.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Every season is like watching a thriller on Netflix , and the phone rings with 1/2 hour left and you have to go out to boost your buddy’s car.
You just wasted 70 mins of your life and your buddy never replaces his battery.

Kind of like this gem only I didn't watch Netflix .......... :laugh:

1679661164071.png

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
CFL: Bombers
NFL: Saints
MLB: adopted Twins fan, still miss the Expos days of the Grande Schlem.
Don't have a basketball or soccer team that I root for.

Reactions: Ducky10

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gotta admit, I'm pretty high on this Jays team.

3:00 Today!

Let's GOOOO!

As a very casual fan of ONLY the Jays, they moved out alot of fan favorites like Teoscar, Gurriel, Moreno. I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't know adv stats that well but the guys they brought in look fine, but don't scream improvement. I'm excited for the year cause the hype is real, but we'll see. Still not sure they have the pitching (Manoah/Romano aside).

Reactions: Channelcat

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Thank you for the condolences. It used to be a lonely existence until I found another fellow sucker on Twitter with the same sports allegiance's (Chargers/Wpg Jets), @avatarrant.
I used to be a Chargers fan and understand your pain. However they are dead to me since they moved from San D and now NFL seasons come and go without any consternation.

My other teams are;

Bombers
Blue Jays
Padres
Moose
Canadian Women’s Soccer Team
Canadian Women’s Hockey Team
Any Manitoba Curling team that’s makes it to the Scotties or the Brier
SDSU Aztecs
Toledo Mud Hens

Ad

Upcoming events