Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Last year he was basically an all-pro level tackle. He's a boneheaded player for sure but even when he was racking up holding calls and looking like he was going to flame out of the league he was still a force in the run game. I do think with Bolles you'll have to live with games like the one vs Baltimore.

I think he can be a force as long as he doesn't revert back to the constant holding. If that happens than yeah were screwed but if he doesn't hold than IMO over an entire season he's going to be a top tier tackle. I think the mistakes will prevent him from being a consistent all-pro level tackle tho. Which is maybe why I'm not upset about the contract. I didn't expect him to be a 2nd team All-Pro guy every year. He had like 1 holding call last year and 4 total penalties or something absurd like that last year. Doubt he repeats that.

Fair enough, over time I've just come to appreciate just how awesome that O-line was under Gibbs during the back-to-back Super Bowls. Jones, Schlereth, Nalen, Habib, Zimmerman, and Diaz-Infante. Apart from Nalen, I don't know if any of those guys was an elite blocker in their own right, but under Gibbs they were elite as a unit. It helps they perfected the fine art of the cut block.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Fair enough, over time I've just come to appreciate just how awesome that O-line was under Gibbs during the back-to-back Super Bowls. Jones, Schlereth, Nalen, Habib, Zimmerman, and Diaz-Infante. Apart from Nalen, I don't know if any of those guys was an elite blocker in their own right, but under Gibbs they were elite as a unit. It helps they perfected the fine art of the cut block.

No doubt. Were a far cry away from that. The line could be in serious trouble considering Baltimore was the first legit team we faced and they got ate alive. As of right now missing 2 starters and missing guys like Jeudy/Hamler is a tough task tho. Your starting some very inexperienced linemen with Teddy/Lock down some of there top targets.

Bolles is about the only guy I'm confident in. Just gotta hope once we get healthier that the o-line can atleast be average. If the Baltimore game even when we do get healthy is what we get than Teddy won't last very long behind that line.

Certainly not defending the line as a strength lol

Reactions: Pokecheque

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I could see it... Moore is special, and Jones has basically anointed him already.
Jerry does have an issue with being overly loyal to guys, that could come to bite him with McCarthy. That said Jerry had Sean Payton in basically the same situation and didn't pull he trigger. Not sure I see him making that mistake twice

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This offense might be the worst I've ever seen the Broncos have.

A shame, really. A combination of injuries (Jeudy, Hamler) and straight up incompetence (Shurmur/Fangio, Bridgewater/Lock) hampering this team.

The defence isn't great but it also isn't bad. They're playing above their heads right now trying desparately to keep the Broncos in games, but this offense just cannot generate anything. Teddy Bridgewater is just as bad as Drew Lock, both guys should be perennial clipboard holders.

This was the game during the 4-game stretch that I had them winning, and they're likely going to lose it. This team will be 3-4 by the time this tough stretch is done, and they may not win more than 3 games the rest of the season.

Reactions: Grackle Party

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Bridgewater is just too cowardly. He's so scared of throwing an INT that he won't try making the throws to win us the game. Instead he just holds onto it too long and our Oline is starting to take bad penalties. Schumer calling plays that are short of the sticks on 3rd down doesn't help either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bridgewater is just too cowardly. He's so scared of throwing an INT that he won't try making the throws to win us the game. Instead he just holds onto it too long and our Oline is starting to take bad penalties. Schumer calling plays that are short of the sticks on 3rd down doesn't help either.
I said it back when they traded for him that this was nothing more than Drew Lock in a different body. Guys like Bridgewater don't have success for a reason. He's been in the league since 2014 and has never thrown more than 15 TD's. What the Broncos front office saw in him to actually give up assets for this guy blows my mind.

You can find 20 Teddy Bridgewater's in free agency. Hell, we had our very own on the team already. Just piss poor management.

Reactions: sethro109

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
While the offense looked better in the 2nd half, it was still just 13 points.

What pisses me off even more watching that loss is the final play. Bridgewater is SO locked into Sutton that he fails to see his giant TE Fant get perfect body position just inside the end zone. All you have to do is make the 10 yard throw and he's got a touchdown. Instead he forces it to Sutton the whole way.

Reactions: sethro109

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Defense isn't doing much today either. I still wonder why von was covering the slot.

The defense is by far the biggest disappointment for me. The offense is built to be at best average and it's hurt right now. We spent tons of money on the secondary and defense is supposed to be Fangio's bread and butter. I get the offense stalls and the defense gets fatigued but the secondary keeps getting burned. Fuller has been a gigantic disappointment.

What sucks is were still probably good enough that we won't finish high enough to get Willis/Corral. Unless something changes I think it's time to part way with Fangio after this season.

Reactions: madman

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well same shit, different day. Horrible coaching, mediocre QB play, underwhelming defense, not ready play.

Teddy sucks, 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter is garbage. The only reason he had a good 4th is because Pittsburgh stopped trying and was playing soft zones. It almost cost them. But Teddy reaped the benefit of garbage time stats today.

Not sure why they keep trying to force Melvin Gordon down our throats, Williams is far superior, he needs to get the carries.

Surtain sucks, such a wasted pick. Should have gone with Fields.

I could go on, harping on individuals but really the team just kind of sucks. And the coaches suck. Today's was just a carbon copy of the entire Fangio era. Nothing is going to change until you get a real coaching staff that realizes this is a offense first league and QB that can actually give you more than average to below average starts.

The Broncos are just a train wreck of an organization right now with no end in sight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well same shit, different day. Horrible coaching, mediocre QB play, underwhelming defense, not ready play.

Teddy sucks, 100 yards passing going into the 4th quarter is garbage. The only reason he had a good 4th is because Pittsburgh stopped trying and was playing soft zones. It almost cost them. But Teddy reaped the benefit of garbage time stats today.

Not sure why they keep trying to force Melvin Gordon down our throats, Williams is far superior, he needs to get the carries.

Surtain sucks, such a wasted pick. Should have gone with Fields.

I could go on, harping on individuals but really the team just kind of sucks. And the coaches suck. Today's was just a carbon copy of the entire Fangio era. Nothing is going to change until you get a real coaching staff that realizes this is a offense first league and QB that can actually give you more than average to below average starts.

The Broncos are just a train wreck of an organization right now with no end in sight.
I wouldn't say Surtain sucks. He's a rookie in his 5th game. We haven't seen him in a non-Fangio defense. Nobody looks good under Vic.

Also, Williams had the one big run but that's all. Otherwise it was 7 carries for 12 yards while Gordon went 9 for 34. Neither guy is running the ball well

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I wouldn't say Surtain sucks. He's a rookie in his 5th game. We haven't seen him in a non-Fangio defense. Nobody looks good under Vic.

Also, Williams had the one big run but that's all. Otherwise it was 7 carries for 12 yards while Gordon went 9 for 34. Neither guy is running the ball well
You're probably right, I mean it's tough to look good when coaching staff is this bad.

It's really pathetic, typically you want your coaches to get the most out their players. Our coaches somehow manage to get the worst out of our guys every week. Like they seemingly get worse every single week. It's really mind blowing and quite the feat.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
This doesn’t get sorted until a new owner is in place. The only thing we can do is hope it doesn’t take too much longer. Assuming the owner isn’t inept (e.g. Snider/Jones) Ellis and Elway should be the first out the door. They and they alone are the most responsible for this mess. I can’t stand how much they both live in the past. They keep wanting to replicate the SB ‘15 style of play, strength is defense and just manage the game on offense. The only reason that worked is because they had a once in a generation defense that they couldn’t keep together due to the salary cap (it’s why this approach doesn’t work very often).

Reactions: madman

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This doesn’t get sorted until a new owner is in place. The only thing we can do is hope it doesn’t take too much longer. Assuming the owner isn’t inept (e.g. Snider/Jones) Ellis and Elway should be the first out the door. They and they alone are the most responsible for this mess. I can’t stand how much they both live in the past. They keep wanting to replicate the SB ‘15 style of play, strength is defense and just manage the game on offense. The only reason that worked is because they had a once in a generation defense that they couldn’t keep together due to the salary cap (it’s why this approach doesn’t work very often).
Not only that, but the entire defence was basically built around Von Miller being the most unstoppable defender in the league. He's nothing close to that anymore. You try to replicate the same style yet have a secondary that is running for their lives because the pass rush can't generate enough pressure, you're going to run into trouble.

It's also readily apparent as to why Fuller became a free agent. Dude is cooked.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Fangio's refusal to leave cover 2 has cost us at least 1 touchdown a game. I can't believe we kept getting torched on the ground and we wouldn't even try stacking the box. Fangio thinks we have the players to be the 2013 Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad