OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
To those who follow DNVR:

Damn, it looks like Spano unceremoniously kicked Drew Creasman to the curb. I'm not a baseball guy, but I always enjoyed his insight and cameos on the Avs pods.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To those who follow DNVR:

Damn, it looks like Spano unceremoniously kicked Drew Creasman to the curb. I'm not a baseball guy, but I always enjoyed his insight and cameos on the Avs pods.

Wait, what!? Wonder what the hell happened there. He did a great job of covering the Rox and calling out their bullshit while at the same time staying relatively objective.

Reactions: The Merchant

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He's not leaving the best job in the league.
He's been trying to for 3 seasons.

Rumor on the street says he sucks at interviewing, this why we haven't seen him get a job already.

And honestly I'd be a little leery of him, just because of the Mahomes factor. Mahomes is going to make a lot of people look good. Not mention Reid is still the mastermind.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
bienemy's got some legal troubles in the past, some with women, that will scare owners away. No one wants to hire a guy and immediately get flack for the dude's history. Just look at what happened with Chris Doyle in Jax.

I think the local fanbase here would be much more forgiving to hiring him. But then I also think if the franchise is sold (inevitable at this point?), a guy like Bezos isn't going to care if Bienemy is a local favorite. Every potential owner that's being mentioned has no existing ties to Colorado at all.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
bienemy's got some legal troubles in the past, some with women, that will scare owners away. No one wants to hire a guy and immediately get flack for the dude's history.
Which are 30 years old at this point being on the level of drunk and disorderly while playing in Boulder and nothing on the level of domestic violence, sexual assault or racism and didn’t keep him from being rehired and approached by CU after reeling from the Barnett Era scandals.

And this fan base needs to grow a pair regarding Mahomes. He’s a franchise QB and MVP, but still mortal. Look at the way the Broncos bedeviled Brady through his career. He’s mortal and does need help from the coaching staff (look at Elway’s career).

Andy Reid’s coaching tree bore fruit as well (Harbaugh, Riverboat Ron, Pederson, McDermitt) unlike a certain hoodied genius.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It should be easy for any team looking for a head coach next year... simply figure out what it costs to get Kellen Moore.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Broncos: I'm guessing reality will set in going forward. They finally faced a legit NFL team and got spanked but hard. Also, Garret Bolles is anchoring one of the worst offensive lines in the league, no surprise he isn't worth the money.

Rockies: Pffffffft...

Nuggets: Looking forward to Bones Hyland. Dude already looks like he could be a player and is a good interview to boot.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Garret Bolles has been fine. Broncos were down like 7 starters, including 2 starting lineman. Bolles is the least of our worries. RT is for sure an issue and we’ll need to let the young linemen continue to develop and need Risner/Glasgow to stay healthy.

Broncos are gunna be a mediocre team this year. They have had a soft schedule and until they get legit QB play nothing will change. You saw how we looked against weak teams Teddy could pick apart. My guess is that’ll be the theme of the season. When Teddy can get rolling we’ll grab some wins but against teams that can put up points well be screwed.

I think they beat the Steelers this week and we’ll be sitting at 4-1 with tons of injuries. I think we’ll get absolutely lit up in the division this season tho which is gunna suck.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Garret Bolles has been fine. Broncos were down like 7 starters, including 2 starting lineman. Bolles is the least of our worries. RT is for sure an issue and we’ll need to let the young linemen continue to develop and need Risner/Glasgow to stay healthy.

Broncos are gunna be a mediocre team this year. They have had a soft schedule and until they get legit QB play nothing will change. You saw how we looked against weak teams Teddy could pick apart. My guess is that’ll be the theme of the season. When Teddy can get rolling we’ll grab some wins but against teams that can put up points well be screwed.

I think they beat the Steelers this week and we’ll be sitting at 4-1 with tons of injuries. I think we’ll get absolutely lit up in the division this season tho which is gunna suck.

Even before everyone went down Bridgewater was running for his life. For $68 million he needs to be better than "fine."

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Even before everyone went down Bridgewater was running for his life. For $68 million he needs to be better than "fine."

He was very good the first two games and was rough vs Baltimore where everyone looked awful. Glasgow has had injury problems and Risner was out. Muti/The Belly have potential but still a lot of growing to do. RT is always a revolving door and jury’s still out on Cushenberry but not looking good.

Bolles IMO wouldn’t even crack the top 10 for me in terms of problems for the Broncos. Risner when he’s played has been more disappointing. Watching our expensive ass secondary get carved up by Lamar. Usual inside linebacker coverage. Fangio. QBs. RT.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He was very good the first two games and was rough vs Baltimore where everyone looked awful. Glasgow has had injury problems and Risner was out. Muti/The Belly have potential but still a lot of growing to do. RT is always a revolving door and jury’s still out on Cushenberry but not looking good.

Bolles IMO wouldn’t even crack the top 10 for me in terms of problems for the Broncos. Risner when he’s played has been more disappointing. Watching our expensive ass secondary get carved up by Lamar. Usual inside linebacker coverage. Fangio. QBs. RT.

Again, he may not be the problem, but he isn't really a strength either. Are there worse players on that line? Absolutely. But he's getting that money to be a force, and he hasn't been. At least he's cleaned up the insane amount of holding penalties he used to get. I still don't like the guy. The fact he's been turned into a halfway-decent blocker is a testament to Munchak.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Again, he may not be the problem, but he isn't really a strength either. Are there worse players on that line? Absolutely. But he's getting that money to be a force, and he hasn't been. At least he's cleaned up the insane amount of holding penalties he used to get. I still don't like the guy. The fact he's been turned into a halfway-decent blocker is a testament to Munchak.

Last year he was basically an all-pro level tackle. He's a boneheaded player for sure but even when he was racking up holding calls and looking like he was going to flame out of the league he was still a force in the run game. I do think with Bolles you'll have to live with games like the one vs Baltimore.

I think he can be a force as long as he doesn't revert back to the constant holding. If that happens than yeah were screwed but if he doesn't hold than IMO over an entire season he's going to be a top tier tackle. I think the mistakes will prevent him from being a consistent all-pro level tackle tho. Which is maybe why I'm not upset about the contract. I didn't expect him to be a 2nd team All-Pro guy every year. He had like 1 holding call last year and 4 total penalties or something absurd like that last year. Doubt he repeats that.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad