OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Damn they threw the book at MJP’s brother. He must have been throwin money on the Grizzlies.
He so clearly was bagging it in those games. Wonder how much he made from it? I'm still stunned at how stupid that sports book was to let someone win over a million from a bad performance by a nobody bench player.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What a moron. If the reported winnings on those bets are being accurately reported, he threw away his entire NBA career for not a lot more money than when I was working at Elitch’s.
The money reported was on his accounts. No one knows what he made from his no show efforts but bettors made millions of of him so if he got a share it's significant money. And dude was making like 400k with no assurance he'd be back next year. Yeah he was dumb to do something so brazen but with a brother on a max deal and having made a couple mil already I'm sure he's going to be fine financially.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
You might be onto something.

I was largely not blaming Bud Black for all these shenanigans but I’ve no idea what he was thinking using Kyle Freeland as a pinch runner.
Black isn't the root cause of every issue but he's absolutely a moron and a bad manager. If they fired him they'd still suck but he deserves to be fired.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He so clearly was bagging it in those games. Wonder how much he made from it? I'm still stunned at how stupid that sports book was to let someone win over a million from a bad performance by a nobody bench player.
Jontay himself made like 20k from the bets he placed. But he let someone know about a slight injury he had and had them bet a parlay with an under in it that would’ve net over a million dollars.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Black isn't the root cause of every issue but he's absolutely a moron and a bad manager. If they fired him they'd still suck but he deserves to be fired.
Yep, the entire org from base coaches to ownership need changed.

Until that happens, we are f***ed

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Jontay himself made like 20k from the bets he placed. But he let someone know about a slight injury he had and had them bet a parlay with an under in it that would’ve net over a million dollars.
I think it's more comprehensive than that. He's a known bettor than had made bets through accomplices that got him the ban since those were on NBA games. They didn't even address the blatant efforts to not pick up stats in the games in question. Surely he did it in other games that didn't get the attention of the integrity folks. He and his accomplices probably netted millions beyond the obvious million dollar win. As with all cheating they got greedy or they could have made more for longer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it's more comprehensive than that. He's a known bettor than had made bets through accomplices that got him the ban since those were on NBA games. They didn't even address the blatant efforts to not pick up stats in the games in question. Surely he did it in other games that didn't get the attention of the integrity folks. He and his accomplices probably netted millions beyond the obvious million dollar win. As with all cheating they got greedy or they could have made more for longer.
Sorry should’ve said through his own accounts he made 20k allegedly. The big issue that seems to be the most tangible of his was the letting one of his guys know he was hurt and then dogging that game so he’d hit the under.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yep, the entire org from base coaches to ownership need changed.

Until that happens, we are f***ed
I like Schmidt. He’s run the Rockies draft/development forever it seems like and has done a good job there. But yes the guy above him needs to go before any substantial steps toward actual contention can happen.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Schmidt gets no free pass either.

Every single person involved with decision making for the Rockies needs to go. Owners, front office, analytics, scouts, coaches. All of them.

Especially the owners, though. They have cultivated a loser culture and it needs to be cut out like a tumor.

Reactions: katfude

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
the owners aren’t going to fire themselves. In fact they’re teaching the moron kid how to run the organization exactly like daddy runs it today. I never expect change with them.

Reactions: katfude

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Disappointing that the Leafs-Bruins game largely overlaps with the Nuggets. It’s an obvious choice for me which to watch but still sucks given it’s the series I have the most interest in outside watching the Avs get shellacked

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
ABC already has the Lakers dick so deep down their throat it's peekin out their backside

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Screenshot_20240420_182508_ESPN.jpg

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Watching the NBA in Canada is annoying. Apparently TSN thinks I should just watch post game nonsense from the Knicks game instead of the start of the Nuggets

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
MPJ playing this well with all the distractions is impressive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad