OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Going back to the other thread, the Kyler Murray rumors aren't much, he just for some reason removed all Cardinals references from all his social media accounts. Which is odd behavior. Leading people to wonder what is going on with him.

That being said I doubt he'll be moved. But if for some reason he is available then Broncos better be heavily involved. Much better option than old man Rodgers.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
@Pokecheque Westbrook is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. Actually, I'll take that back. There is no "arguably"; he is the single most overrated player in NBA history.

All the guy did in OKC was have the ball in his hands, take as many shots as possible, dribble until someone became open, and push teammates out of the way so he could get rebounds. He's the ultimate stat padder, only now his physical abilities have diminished and he's always been a basketball dummy. He plays no defense, has one of the worst jump shots in the league, and can't drive anymore.

I don't think there's a single person in the world that thought Westbrook on the Lakers would be a good fit except for LeBron James, who continues to show that while he's one of the all-time great players, he's one of the all-time worst roster constructers. He personally asked for Westbrook. Well, this is what you get.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
@Pokecheque Westbrook is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. Actually, I'll take that back. There is no "arguably"; he is the single most overrated player in NBA history.

All the guy did in OKC was have the ball in his hands, take as many shots as possible, dribble until someone became open, and push teammates out of the way so he could get rebounds. He's the ultimate stat padder, only now his physical abilities have diminished and he's always been a basketball dummy. He plays no defense, has one of the worst jump shots in the league, and can't drive anymore.

I don't think there's a single person in the world that thought Westbrook on the Lakers would be a good fit except for LeBron James, who continues to show that while he's one of the all-time great players, he's one of the all-time worst roster constructers. He personally asked for Westbrook. Well, this is what you get.
Plus, Russ is making $44 million this year and has a $47 million player option next year.
:eek:

Reactions: Lemonlimey

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Plus, Russ is making $44 million this year and has a $47 million player option next year.
:eek:
Just baffling how someone thought they should trade for him. I know LeBron runs that team, but at some point as the GM you have to tell him "listen, Westbrook is cooked. We'll target almost anyone else you want but not this guy."

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
McDaniels actually hired our special teams coach. Hilarious.

I’m not very optimistic about these hires Hackett is making. All super young guys and all just purely buddies of Hackett. Not a strong showing thus far.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just baffling how someone thought they should trade for him. I know LeBron runs that team, but at some point as the GM you have to tell him "listen, Westbrook is cooked. We'll target almost anyone else you want but not this guy."

Personally I absolutely love it because I'm really sick of these guys trying to force their way into creating "super teams" and acting like winning a title is all the NBA is about. Its so insulting to the fans of the game, especially teams that aren't in one of the top 5 cities who are treated like you don't matter, we are just going to screw your franchises over. When LBJ started the trend of I'm just going to force the league to let me go where I want and give me the guys I want the league basically lost its regular purpose. If you are a true long time Laker fan you should be cringing at how winning a title meant selling your soul, giving Lebron a platform to go force the Davis trade, and then act like he did something for you when you know to Lebron that title was all him and nothing Lakers.

To see at least some of these deals blow up spectacularly is fantastic and I'm just hoping no other team lets the Lakers off the hook by taking Russ off their hands. Right now the Lakers would be better off trading him for a high school benchwarmer because we have never seen such a massive addition by subtraction situation like this before.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Personally I absolutely love it because I'm really sick of these guys trying to force their way into creating "super teams" and acting like winning a title is all the NBA is about. Its so insulting to the fans of the game, especially teams that aren't in one of the top 5 cities who are treated like you don't matter, we are just going to screw your franchises over. When LBJ started the trend of I'm just going to force the league to let me go where I want and give me the guys I want the league basically lost its regular purpose. If you are a true long time Laker fan you should be cringing at how winning a title meant selling your soul, giving Lebron a platform to go force the Davis trade, and then act like he did something for you when you know to Lebron that title was all him and nothing Lakers.

To see at least some of these deals blow up spectacularly is fantastic and I'm just hoping no other team lets the Lakers off the hook by taking Russ off their hands. Right now the Lakers would be better off trading him for a high school benchwarmer because we have never seen such a massive addition by subtraction situation like this before.
I'm a lifelong Lakers fan but I cringed at the idea of LeBron James playing for us from the get go. I've never been a fan of how he's conducted his career roster changing moves.

That said, I don't like seeing my team lose the way they are with Russ.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm a lifelong Lakers fan but I cringed at the idea of LeBron James playing for us from the get go. I've never been a fan of how he's conducted his career roster changing moves.

That said, I don't like seeing my team lose the way they are with Russ.

Pffffftttt like this ain't the Lakers' M.O. since forever. Sell your soul for the best player you can find and do whatever he says whenever he says it. To be fair, it's led to an insane amount of success.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Pffffftttt like this ain't the Lakers' M.O. since forever. Sell your soul for the best player you can find and do whatever he says whenever he says it. To be fair, it's led to an insane amount of success.
Meh, I'm only 27 so I don't really look at how they acquired a guy like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, for example. I was fortunate enough to get to watch Kobe Bryant from his rookie season until his retirement, and while he definitely dictated certain roster decisions he was nowhere near as bad or as demanding as LeBron James. Kobe knew that on top of a second star you needed a legit team to win with players playing specific roles. LeBron just wants to stack all his buddies on the same team.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Aaron Gordon is really good by the way, another Connelly masterpiece.

Still miss Gary though :(

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Philly and Brooklyn swap headcases. I hate the term "mental toughness" but Ben Simmons is definitely someone who does not have it.
Read up on him. Dude had been living in a bubble since he was a kid. Everyone catered to him in any way possible and he was groomed to be a high pick at the draft, with everyone coddling him every step of the way. He's a guy who never heard no as an amswer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Read up on him. Dude had been living in a bubble since he was a kid. Everyone catered to him in any way possible and he was groomed to be a high pick at the draft, with everyone coddling him every step of the way. He's a guy who never heard no as an amswer.

I imagine that happens a lot with top-tier athletes. But either way, glad he ain’t Denver’s problem.

Unfortunately, the Nuggets did nothing at the deadline and I just don’t think they have enough to do any damage in the playoffs. Real shame Blue Arrow just couldn’t recover but I guess there’s always next year. This still feels like a hugely wasted opportunity regardless.

Investing in Murray was a worthy gamble, investing in MPJ was not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad