OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
DU advances to the championship game for the frozen 4. BU didn't get a single PP and they were pissed about it. That BU goalie was easily the best player in the game, but BU just couldn't get many good chances through DU's defense.
The announcers sure seemed upset about the penalty disparity. Couldn't tell if they were truly biased or just wanted the big Boston matchup in the Final. That was great action in the 3rd and OT, great goalies and tons of skill. Still can't believe that kid is 17, he has no business playing in NCAA. He's not Bedard level but should definitely be taking his licks in the NHL next year.

Reactions: SB and sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The announcers sure seemed upset about the penalty disparity. Couldn't tell if they were truly biased or just wanted the big Boston matchup in the Final. That was great action in the 3rd and OT, great goalies and tons of skill. Still can't believe that kid is 17, he has no business playing in NCAA. He's not Bedard level but should definitely be taking his licks in the NHL next year.
The announcers were definitely pulling for Boston. Especially the commentator. He was even calling for a slashing penalty for BU at one point in OT. The play by play guy even had to settle him down a few times.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Tovar and Doyle learning how to hit MLB pitching might be the most important thing this year. Tovar has star potential.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What a f***ing choke job by the Nuggets. Jesus Christ.
Murray not even inbounding that in time is the dumbest thing he’s done since the loss after he took that shot with too much time on the clock and missed so (I don’t even remember which team it was anymore) got a chance and sunk it

Reactions: katfude

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Is it the part where I say I think the 2/3rd seed is better than 1st seed. Much rather play OKC than LAC/DAL in the 2nd round.

Edit: Minnesota is 2nd seed now, nvm. Hilarious choke job

Last edited:

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I could write for days, but I will keep this short. The Nuggets are - by far - the least intelligent team I have ever watched. This, even with Jokic who might be the most intelligent player since Magic Johnson. Reggie Jackson is a selfish imbecile who needs to go ASAP. Every single damn possession he wastes the clock, then calls his own number. How did he manage to get cornered, against the sideline, in the back court? Throw the damn ball off the defender's foot. Even Watson knows that in his sophomore season. Murray is not much better. He is a lights out sniper but an absolutely terrible point guard. I do not believe I saw him pass to Joker on a single pick and roll. His decision making is awful. I am completely sick of that underhand scoop he is featuring this year, at about 10% efficiency. Pope may or may not be All Defensive team, but since hoops does not allow changes on the fly like hockey ( or better: lacrosse), he is as much of a liability on offense as he is good on defense. On that topic, he regularly got smoked last night. Porter - perhaps the smoothest stroke I have ever seen, but dumb as a box of rocks. He has zero idea of what defense is. This team regularly makes mistakes that would get players benched in 7th grade CYO hoops. I am sick of it.

Next year, move Murray to the #2 backed up with Strawther, put Gillespie at PG backed up by Braun, and let Watson spell either Gordon or Porter.

The bottom line is that game was an inexcuseable loss. No Heart. No Hustle. No Brains. If I am Kroenke I am pissed. Each playoff game generates about $3M in revenue. That BS effort might have cost Kroenke 2 Game 7s at home.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
They had Colby Cohen in the booth!? Well geez there's an impartial observer :laugh:
Ok that kinda makes me feel better, I didn't know who it was and I was watching on my computer so sometimes you don't see the penalties great. To me, they seemed to be calling some big stuff (BU should stop boarding) and letting most everything else go.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dechambeau just crumbling… right after his caddy was hot mic’d saying ‘you don’t have to do this’ and Bryson just trying an absolute hero shot that failed.

Reactions: GeoRox89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That was wild. Scheffler coming up clutch this afternoon and DeChambeau collapsing
I can’t for the life of me understand why he tries to hook a 6 iron that much. Just absurd to even try it when the layup would have been an easy par.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Then he pulls that strange birdie out to get some confidence back. Wild
Yeah that was a great shot after his horrendous drive. I got a feeling Homa is going to play really well tomorrow… not sure if he’ll beat Scottie, but I see a 66 there if a putt or two drops early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad