OT: Other Sports aka the how spry is Peyton Manning thread

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
2007, 2011, 2015...so what if we have no weapons outside of ODB and Veereen and no passrush.

That's exactly why it's not happening. Panthers, Packers, hell, even the Vikings, I think would beat the Giants in the playoffs...and that's if they don't blow their Division first (Philly and Washington aren't far behind them)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Keep telling yourself what you've got to. But we both know ODB and JPP will go ape.

Yes, a one-handed JPP will "go ape"...

Who's trying to convince who here? You know I despise all NY-based sports teams, so my dislike of the Giants shouldn't be of a surprise. And I don't find them all that scary this year at all

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes, a one-handed JPP will "go ape"...

Who's trying to convince who here? You know I despise all NY-based sports teams, so my dislike of the Giants shouldn't be of a surprise. And I don't find them all that scary this year at all

Having one hand didn't stop JPP from getting to know Brady intimately today.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Having one hand didn't stop JPP from getting to know Brady intimately today.

Good for JPP, but which team won tonight? For the record, I couldn't care less what the Patriots have done this year, or will do to finish the year. They'll lose a game or two (or 3) before the season is over. I'm more frustrated at how poorly Peyton played today (nothing short of "garbage" would describe his play) or how the Packers/Rodgers couldn't handle the frigging Lions AT Lambeau today.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Kubiak upset at himself that he played Peyton in this game.

Apparently he was injured. Either that, or Gary is trying to save face for his QB.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
So do I. The Lions and Bills games in 2011 immediately jump to mind.

O-Line on this team is horrid. Outside of Evan Mathis these guys are playing like backups.
Thats because outside of Mathis they are all backups. Letting Franklin, and Beadles walk killed us. And Clady getting hurt for the 2nd outta 3 seasons doesn't help.

But let's not get confused here. That loss is 100% on Manning. Defense did as well as could be expected considering they were consistently having to start in their own territory.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Kubiak upset at himself that he played Peyton in this game.

Apparently he was injured. Either that, or Gary is trying to save face for his QB.
I think it's both. He is injured and Kubiak didn't want to sit him 3 yards short of the record.

I was already worried about the Bears game. After seeing how they dismantled STL...I am freaking out.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
There isn't an injury that makes you stare down receivers and throw it into triple coverage.

There is if you have no desire to move because it hurts too much to do so. If you don't want to move you basically have to stare down a receiver and hope he gets open.

I'm not making excuses for Manning as he was beyond awful, but if he is truly injured as it appears, then this falls on Kubiak for letting him go into the game.

And for that matter I'm going to be pretty upset if Manning is starting next week against the Bears. The guy is clearly not right, anyone with a brain can see that. Let Brock play, that's why you have a backup QB, in case the starter isn't right. The 2nd super bowl year Bubby Brister started 4 games for an injured John Elway. The team just has to step up around the backup. Let Brock play against the Bears, and let Manning rest. Hell I'd even start Brock against the Pats, it's not like we are going to catch them for home field advantage. Get Manning right so he can at least be healthy for the playoffs. And yes we are going to make the playoffs, we are going to win at least 3 more games the rest of the year, and 10 will get you in.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like your thinking Chet.

We have a somewhat good lead in the West with the Raiders losing today. Give Manning some time off and see if Brock is the guy for next year. Takes care of both the QB issues present and future.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
We'll get to see Osweiler running our actual offense. Under center, play action, throwing on the move, zone blocking running attack.

I expect Osweiler to play well.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
No matter what happens over the next few weeks I'd be super surprised if the broncos fall out of easily securing the AFC West. Let Peyton sit and give Brock a chance to be the new Brady/Rodgers (not that I'm expecting that kind of play).

When it comes down to it not being able to secure home field is going to destroy us. No one is going into New England and beating the Pats. It's just not happening this year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No matter what happens over the next few weeks I'd be super surprised if the broncos fall out of easily securing the AFC West. Let Peyton sit and give Brock a chance to be the new Brady/Rodgers (not that I'm expecting that kind of play).

When it comes down to it not being able to secure home field is going to destroy us. No one is going into New England and beating the Pats. It's just not happening this year.

We can always hire Ray Lewis as a coach

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
lol I loved Stanton on that play

I really am stoked to see Brock play. Honestly think this is great for him and the organization. They get to see what they have in store for the future with him, and if he plays miserable we get to re-sign him cheap or let him go. If he does well he probably stays with the Broncos for good money.

This game and any upcoming ones after that will truly determine Brock's free agency value, and will also determine if he stays with the Broncos or if we need to draft a guy.

I would not be shocked if Brock plays crappy though we would see Siemens.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Brock is gonna struggle at times...you have to expect it. But I think he'll do well. It will be interesting to see if they will let Manning give it a go against the Pats. And if Brock does play and beat the Pats...I dunno that you could pull him.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So with Cincy losing...getting the #2 seed and that precious bye isn't out of the question. Still slim but a lot more possible than if they had won.

Wow I didn't even think about that game because I figured Cincy would dominate. Broncos beat Cincy and Bengals find another game to go and lose and all the sudden the broncos might just get that second seed. Which still isn't going to matter. Pats are going to the 19-0 again.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow I didn't even think about that game because I figured Cincy would dominate. Broncos beat Cincy and Bengals find another game to go and lose and all the sudden the broncos might just get that second seed. Which still isn't going to matter. Pats are going to the 19-0 again.

Pats aren't winning the Super Bowl this season. I don't know who is going to beat them, but they aren't going undefeated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad