OT: Other Sports aka the how spry is Peyton Manning thread

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets won again, 107-98. 5-4 on the season, 3 game win streak. Quick turnaround as they'll be in Phoenix tomorrow night.

Gallinari had 27 and Barton had 26 off the bench. This team really has a bright future. Harris still needs to be more aggressive and we need Lauvergne and Nurkic healthy, but I haven't been this optimistic about the Nuggets since Chauncey came back.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I was thinking about it but I probably won't. Already got a few beers in me and the CSU game is on, and so is Nuggets/Suns.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rousey got lit up in round one. Her boxing is terrible, she needs to take this fight to the ground ASAP if she wants to win.

Rousey drops her hands, chases, sticks her chin out, doesn't move her head, and has no clue how to slip punches

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's always kind of funny to see people be happy when a world-class performer, which they helped build up through cheering for them or talking about how "beastly" they've been, gets beaten. Once they've been built up, they love to see them torn down.

Sounds like Holm took it to Rousey, but the amount of people happy about that is just strange. I'm sure Ronda will get a rematch, hopefully she'll be better prepared.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
That. Was. Awesome.

Love Rhonda but wanted to see her lose. She's way too cocky.

I think Rhonda could have won but she was so intent on just going ham and trying to win the fight ASAP. If she was patient and looked for real opportunities to take Holm down it could have been different.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That. Was. Awesome.

Love Rhonda but wanted to see her lose. She's way too cocky.

I think Rhonda could have won but she was so intent on just going ham and trying to win the fight ASAP. If she was patient and looked for real opportunities to take Holm down it could have been different.

Seems like she was intent on trying to show that she could box with Holm...should've just did what she does best, get her on the ground and get the armbar on. Who cares if that's how you win all your fights? If you're successful at using it, then use it.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rousey was completely outclassed. She's used to overwhelming her opponents but tonight she was in there with a bigger, stronger, better conditioned, smarter fighter who wasn't afraid of her at all. There were few opportunities for takedowns and every time she tried for one she got tagged.

She got completely dominated.

And people like to see her lose because she's a punk. She refused to touch gloves before the match and skipped out on the interview afterwards.

There are very, very few competent boxers in UFC, because there is still way more money in boxing than MMA. Rousey got in there with one and got her lunch fed to her.

That heavyweight fight tonight was a joke. Wlad Klitchsko would knock either one of those guys out in less than a minute. Boxing, MMA, kickboxing, doesn't matter. One punching combination and it would be lights out.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't know about debating the merits of "class" when it comes to professional fighting, especially when you look at the stuff that can go down at weigh-ins (like the most recent one).

Just saying, it's some sort of psychological complex people have when it comes to sports. Love to build up people just to tear them down.

And who knows why she didn't give a post-fight interview, she did get knocked out and was bleeding, perhaps it was best she not talk and go get some medical attention.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
IckyScornfulHorse.gif

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Manning is garbage. Clearly that GB game was actually the odd one out instead of them actually getting it together.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't know about debating the merits of "class" when it comes to professional fighting, especially when you look at the stuff that can go down at weigh-ins (like the most recent one).

Just saying, it's some sort of psychological complex people have when it comes to sports. Love to build up people just to tear them down.

And who knows why she didn't give a post-fight interview, she did get knocked out and was bleeding, perhaps it was best she not talk and go get some medical attention.

She went to the hospital as a precaution according to Dana White. He also said he's never seen Rousey that angry after the fight as long as he's known her. She'll be back

Rousey was completely outclassed. She's used to overwhelming her opponents but tonight she was in there with a bigger, stronger, better conditioned, smarter fighter who wasn't afraid of her at all. There were few opportunities for takedowns and every time she tried for one she got tagged.

She got completely dominated.

And people like to see her lose because she's a punk. She refused to touch gloves before the match and skipped out on the interview afterwards.

There are very, very few competent boxers in UFC, because there is still way more money in boxing than MMA. Rousey got in there with one and got her lunch fed to her.

That heavyweight fight tonight was a joke. Wlad Klitchsko would knock either one of those guys out in less than a minute. Boxing, MMA, kickboxing, doesn't matter. One punching combination and it would be lights out.

I find it hilarious how much you're trying to tear Rousey down when it's ONE FIGHT. She will no doubt get a rematch and I have no doubt she will rebound from this, learn her lesson, and bring her A-game next fight. Let's not overreact here.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Every fighter that gets knocked out goes to the hospital. Standard procedure in boxing and MMA. But not all of them punk out on interviews and press conferences.

And no, I'm not overreacting. Rousey was exposed last night. She has the worst boxing of any MMA fighter I have ever seen, in any promotion, either gender, any weight class. She looked like an amateur. Anyone with a half decent stand up game is going to rock Rousey.

She was fed tomato cans the last few fights. She got in the ring last night with a world class striker who wasn't afraid of her and she got what she had coming. She's classless and arrogant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad