OT: Other Sports aka the how spry is Peyton Manning thread

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Wow I didn't even think about that game because I figured Cincy would dominate. Broncos beat Cincy and Bengals find another game to go and lose and all the sudden the broncos might just get that second seed. Which still isn't going to matter. Pats are going to the 19-0 again.

You mean 18-1 again? **** the Patriots

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Losing Edelman is a huge blow to the Pats. I think they're actually pretty vulnerable right now.

Thinking about picking up Brock in my fantasy league keeper. I'm really trying to weight options of Jameis, Brock, or Manziel. It's a keeper league and I need a backup QB (I have Carr as my starter). Jameis/Manziel have more talent but if Brock has a good game this could be his stepping stone to the Broncos starting QB of the future. And the Broncos have a ton more talent around Brock than Manziel/Winston will for years.

Any advice?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'd take Brock over Manziel for sure and maybe over Jameis.

If Brock is any good he's going to be the broncos QB next year baring some crazy Elway-getting-Big-Ben-type-****. And with most of the defense coming back the Broncos are probably good to win the AFC West again so Brock will likely be on a winning team.

Jameis on the other hand is a wild card. Has the talent but the team around him is hot garbage outside of a few guys. They've won some games this year but who knows if that would hold next year.

Hard choice. I'd take Brock, but I've got homer glasses like crazy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Losing Edelman is a huge blow to the Pats. I think they're actually pretty vulnerable right now.

Thinking about picking up Brock in my fantasy league keeper. I'm really trying to weight options of Jameis, Brock, or Manziel. It's a keeper league and I need a backup QB (I have Carr as my starter). Jameis/Manziel have more talent but if Brock has a good game this could be his stepping stone to the Broncos starting QB of the future. And the Broncos have a ton more talent around Brock than Manziel/Winston will for years.

Any advice?

If they lose Edelman they aren't winning anything. He's more important to that team than Gronkowski is because of how versatile he is

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Pats will get the #1 seed, without question. But I do think we are gonna beat them...just have a funny feeling.

I can't seem them winning the SB either...although they may get there. They have playoff let down written all over them. Eventually that patchwork o-line and lack of targets will let them down. Weather that gets Brady hurt is a whole other question.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggeta knocked off the Pelicans in New Orleans, 115-98.

Gallinari scored 32 points and added 8 rebounds and 8 assists.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Pats will get the #1 seed, without question. But I do think we are gonna beat them...just have a funny feeling.

I can't seem them winning the SB either...although they may get there. They have playoff let down written all over them. Eventually that patchwork o-line and lack of targets will let them down. Weather that gets Brady hurt is a whole other question.

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but they're by far the best bet right now to win it all. I would give the Broncos something like a one in four chance to upset NE. The D would have to hold them to ~20 points, which no other team has actually done, while Osweiller and/or Manning would have to throw 300ish yards, which Manning has only done twice this season. I give Cincy and Carolina maybe one in three. Always take the field but I really think we're going to have to live in a cruel universe where the Patriots go the 7th Superbowl in a decade and a half

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets are in San Antonio tonight to play the Spurs. They haven't looked great on the second night of back to backs, so it should be a tough test. Ginobili is out but it'll still be a hard game to win.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets lost to the Spurs. Didn't get enough from Mudiay or Gallinari tonight.

But on the bright side, Gary Harris followed up his career-high 16 points last night with another 15 tonight, along with 2 steals, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist.

And Nikola Jokic had by far the best game of his career. He had 23 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. His previous career highs were 10 points (twice), 9 rebounds (once), and 1 block (once). So he set career highs in three categories and also turned in his first career double-double.

He should start over Hickson until Nurkic returns. With Nurkic, Jokic, Lauvergne, and Faried the Nuggets have a very talented group of young big men. Hickson and Arthur should be playing less and taking on more of a mentorship role when Lauvergne and Nurkic are healthy.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Demaryius wearing the Avs snap-up jacket after practice today. Hard not to like the guy.

dm_151118_Demaryius_Thomas_locker_room_presser.jpg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jacksonville vs Tennessee was just god awful tonight.

The Titans might have the worst offensive line I've ever seen. If I'm Mariota, I'm going to management this summer and telling them revamp the **** out of the line or trade me. He gets destroyed on seemingly a series by series basis and it's going to destroy his career

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is there honestly any doubt as to who the best player in the NBA is? Steph Curry is simply on another level, even above LeBron James. Not by much, but he is. He's the new face of the league

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dave Birkett
‏@davebirkett
New Lions president Rod Wood: "I would probably say that Im not qualified to run any other NFL team but I think I'm qualified to run this 1"

this will probably end well.

Is there honestly any doubt as to who the best player in the NBA is? Steph Curry is simply on another level, even above LeBron James. Not by much, but he is. He's the new face of the league

he makes shooting 3s an art. just beautiful.

GS is the team to beat again this season.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Rafael Uehara ‏@rafael_uehara 1h1 hour ago
Brooklyn: 57 3s in 2,905 minutes.
Minnesota: 60 3s in 2,930 minutes.
Stephen Curry: 68 3s in 463 minutes.
Memphis: 69 3s in 2,880 minutes.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Wilin Rosario era is finally over. Couldn't be happier.

Surprised they picked Gurka over Kahnle though.

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets looking fired up

Leading 29-17 after one quarter against the Suns tonight, and they ended the quarter on an 18-0 scoring run

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Crazy to think that he might be the best shooter ever.

Yep, so long as he stays healthy he's going to shatter ever shooting record in my opinion and go down as the greatest shooter of all time. It's crazy to think he's so much more than that, too. Arguably the best ball handler in the league today, has phenomenal vision, and is a ball hound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad