OT: Other Sports aka the how spry is Peyton Manning thread

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I had literally no idea we had gone so much over 1k in the last thread.... I guess no one did though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The giants are 0-2 heading into a game against the skins with Spags back as our DC; and it's been 4 years again...just sayin...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The giants are 0-2 heading into a game against the skins with Spags back as our DC; and it's been 4 years again...just sayin...

Well. The NFC East is wide open. My Eagles imploded yesterday (and probably won't recover. Not after the ********* that is about to go down in Philly ) but took Romo with them. The Redskins are the Redskins. This is anyones division and 9-7 might just do it.

The Giants are the team I hate the least in the NFC East (thanks for ruining Bradys perfect season again). So by all means. If it prevents Brady or Wilson from winning the Superbowl, I could absolutely live with that weird 4 year Giants thingy :).

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Well. The NFC East is wide open. My Eagles imploded yesterday (and probably won't recover. Not after the ********* that is about to go down in Philly ) but took Romo with them. The Redskins are the Redskins. This is anyones division and 9-7 might just do it.

The Giants are the team I hate the least in the NFC East (thanks for ruining Bradys perfect season again). So by all means. If it prevents Brady or Wilson from winning the Superbowl, I could absolutely live with that weird 4 year Giants thingy :).

6-10 might be good enough to win the NFC East

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
6-10 might be good enough to win the NFC East

Nah. Their schedules are too easy for that. Eagles have a very easy schedule the rest of the way. They have been an absolute clusterf... this season so far but 6-10 is still not that unlikely if they can improve a bit.

The Giants should be 2-0. The Cowboys are 2-0 and Romo should be back for the last 4-6 games and even the Redskins beat a decent Rams team yesterday.

I agree that the state of the NFC East is pitiful if we compare it to the expectations 2--3 weeks ago but 6-10 is a stretch :P.

And that I am taking this statement at face value indicates how wide open this division really is right now ;).

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

that was one of the ugliest/weirdest games i've ever seen, the one in philly.

also, how giants just find ways to lose games is unbelievable. they should get award for that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
that was one of the ugliest/weirdest games i've ever seen, the one in philly.

also, how giants just find ways to lose games is unbelievable. they should get award for that.

Yeah, it's been hard to even be upset by the loses so far...but that needs to end this week or our season is over.

We don't have the pass rush to make it happen, but maybe Moore starts getting heavy PT opposite Ayers to address that? If Cruz can give us another weapon outside of ODB and Veereen the O should be good to go if the OL doesn't get anymore injuries; and with our corners we have the personnel for Spags' schemes to work...if only that non-existent pass rush didn't kills us.

*sigh* shame JPP had to follow in the footsteps of so many recent giants high draft picks and make himself useless...it's so sad to think about what we could have if JPP, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Kenny Phillips, David Wilson, Steve Smith, and Chad Jones, had been able to stay healthy and focused...

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That Philly v. Dallas game was unreal. It was like watching DII college ball with all the mistakes. Dallas will still win the NFC East, just not as cleanly as they probably thought they would.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I like exciting bad like when Oakland wins. Incompetent bad is just depressing and painful. Even worse when I have some of those players in fantasy.

Really Smiley, with no receiver and QB? It will probably be the Redskins.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I like exciting bad like when Oakland wins. Incompetent bad is just depressing and painful. Even worse when I have some of those players in fantasy.

Really Smiley, with no receiver and QB? It will probably be the Redskins.

I doubt it but it is absolutely possible.

Just imagine the kind of money you could potentially have made 3-4 weeks ago when the whole RGIII fiasco was going down.

In the end the NFC East is as unpredictable as ever.

Crazy. Especially with Brandon Weeden at the helm right now. They should win the division but if Romo will be out for 10 games, it could be too late once he returns.

And I would never underestimate the ability of the Redskins, Giants or Eagles to completely self-destruct at any second (Ok the Eagles did that yesterday already but still).

I hate it but there is a reason why the NFC East is always on the front page. Crazy stuff.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know I'm biased but with Dallas' injuries we really should win this division. Who the **** knows if we will, cause the giants are just as incredible at finding ways to lose games they should win, as they are at finding ways to win games they should lose. But our new OL with ODB, Veereen, and whatever's left of Cruz should be more than enough for eli to win this division; even without a pass rush. Though if DRC or Prince go down for a long time our D is done for.

So as always with the NFL, injuries will determine what happens in the NFC East.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I know I'm biased but with Dallas' injuries we really should win this division. Who the **** knows if we will, cause the giants are just as incredible at finding ways to lose games they should win, as they are at finding ways to win games they should lose. But our new OL with ODB, Veereen, and whatever's left of Cruz should be more than enough for eli to win this division; even without a pass rush. Though if DRC or Prince go down for a long time our D is done for.

So as always with the NFL, injuries will determine what happens in the NFC East.

all you need to do is not throw the football to preston parker again. saw him play few real nice games last year but i guess they were the games of his life.

randle at least has talent to pull of some tricks of his sleeves even if he sucks now. parker is just bad. dunno how much damage the injuries have done to cruz but he should be very good second option on short passes when OBJ stretches the field and gets triple teamed so he can't get the ball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
all you need to do is not throw the football to preston parker again. saw him play few real nice games last year but i guess they were the games of his life.

randle at least has talent to pull of some tricks of his sleeves even if he sucks now. parker is just bad. dunno how much damage the injuries have done to cruz but he should be very good second option on short passes when OBJ stretches the field and gets triple teamed so he can't get the ball.

Preston and Reuben are both so useless that Larry Donnell has been our third option...RR had that one huge game against Dallas a few years ago and since then has remained a constant disappointment. unCruz has to be better than either of those two. Either way it's rough since Shane Veereen is our #2 receiving threat by a clear margin, which is sad. Luckily ODB is just so dirty, and with a real OL running the ball has become an option again, but our receiving situation is dire. That's why I'm hoping our next draft is spent entirely on pass rushers and pass catchers...if only we placed any value on TEs and paid the Black Unicorn. *sigh*

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Yeah Seattle and Indy being 0-2 makes me super happy. Irregardless it also makes me feel better about the Bronco's. If they get can get the offensive line and running game in check this might be the best shot they've had in awhile.

Trying to be positive here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad