OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
We burned Liufau's redshirt, had to be done. Wood was terrible. I'm high on Liufau, but I'm afraid he'll lose a lot of confidence playing behind this OL.

It was only a matter of time. Not so sure ASU is a good place in the season to really put him in though.

Seriously hope Broncos consider Will Sutton (DT for ASU in this game). He is a beast.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
About the Nuggets - I think everything depends on McGee this season again. Koufos played way too many minutes last year.
Koufos was better than McGee last season. It's really sad considering the obvious discrepancy in talent, but McGee is lazy as hell and three times as stupid. I want to see him succeed, but it's really hard to root for the guy. Hopefully Karl being gone will be good for him.

As for college football this year... sad times if you live in Colorado. CSU had a chance to win another game on the last drive and choked, just like they did against Tulsa. CU isn't going to win a conference game all year. And the surprising part of it all is that Air Force, bowl eligible almost every year, may be the worst team of the three.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It was only a matter of time. Not so sure ASU is a good place in the season to really put him in though.

Seriously hope Broncos consider Will Sutton (DT for ASU in this game). He is a beast.

It was the right time IMO, ASU was gonna bring in their backups so get some experience vs. them. Next week is against a crappy FCS team and then Arizona at home.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It was the right time IMO, ASU was gonna bring in their backups so get some experience vs. them. Next week is against a crappy FCS team and then Arizona at home.

I'm generally not a fan of pulling the redshirt, but Liufau looked alright to me. He throws a more accurate ball than wood, and clearly has plus arm strength.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Why is Leslie Frazier making it difficult for me to root for the Vikings?

They just had 2nd and 1 & 3rd and 1 in the RedZone and he decides to go with Matt Cassel throwing the ball. And as someone who watched Matt Cassel a lot when he was with the Chiefs (because in KS we are shown nearly all Chiefs games) that is a HORRIBLE decision...especially when you have Adrian Peterson...

Give him the damn ball!

I don't even have AP in my fantasy league, I just want Peterson to do well and succeed, especially today given all that has happened in the last 72 hours.

And on top of that, Randall Cobb just leaves the game...that will put a dent in my fantasy team

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
And on top of that, Randall Cobb just leaves the game...that will put a dent in my fantasy team

Praying he's not hurt. Targeting the knees is worse than targeting the head for these players' careers.

Also, if the Broncos lose today, its because Ayers isn't playing :sarcasm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
RockLobster, the Bernard over Jones pick was just one week too early ;)

I think I've seen one Jags fan at the game today. Hopefully business gets taken care of and this is a fun one.

Seems like it...in other RockLobster fantasy news, Jordan Cameron must've kicked Brandon Weeden's dog or something...not getting really any looks from what I can tell

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
They said that Brock is "getting loose" on the sideline...are they really going to put him in this soon? I mean I legitimately figured that we'd see him for a nice part of the game, but I figured it'd be by the middle of the 3rd Quarter at the earliest...

My fantasy team needs at least 300 yards and 4 TD's from Peyton!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
They said that Brock is "getting loose" on the sideline...are they really going to put him in this soon? I mean I legitimately figured that we'd see him for a nice part of the game, but I figured it'd be by the middle of the 3rd Quarter at the earliest...

My fantasy team needs at least 300 yards and 4 TD's from Peyton!
Peyton got banged up and went to the locker room.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Jax looks like they will make this a game, but then again Broncos separate themselves in the 3rd every time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The FGs will probably come back to bite the Jags but definitely not their finest effort today. We'll see. The Chiefs are going to be a huge problem. Get ready to try and win the wild card.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Yikes. That was the worst first half this Manning-led Broncos team has ever had. I really hope Peyton isn't hurt; looks like he's playing through pain.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Broncos kinda suck haha. We can barely stay ahead of the Cowboys and Jags.... not winning a SB with this defense. I kind of hope we lose to get the loss over with and learn from it.

Something isn't right with this team since the 4th week.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well yeah they need a kick in the butt however wih the Chiefs likely to win 11+ one loss will take us out of division contention. Plus Indy is next week. They have a very real chance of losing that one.

The way Peyton's contract is structured I think he'll play next year for sure if he can. After that his health or possible championship might stop him then.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
It's Blackmon and Jones-Drew only, still this defense can't get anything done.

Edit: Webster intercepts it. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad