I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'm all on board with that, but they'll just make another in-house promotion instead of spending the time, money, and effort getting someone actually good. I'm telling you, this won't get better until the Brothers Monfort are GONE.

Yeah, that's the issue I have from the last GM search. They didn't even look at other candidates.

I know Bridich has a long leash anyways so it's a hopeful post.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm all on board with that, but they'll just make another in-house promotion instead of spending the time, money, and effort getting someone actually good. I'm telling you, this won't get better until the Brothers Monfort are GONE.

Nolan Arenado agrees with you.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Actually it's called Football not soccer

The word “soccer,” which is believed to have originated in Britain some 200 years ago, comes from the official name of the sport, “association football.” As other versions of the game evolved to include Rugby Football, it is believed the Brits adopted colloquialisms to distinguish each game.

“The rugby football game was shortened to ‘rugger,’ a term recognized in British English to the present day, and the association football game was, plausibly, shortened to ‘soccer’” Szymanski writes. (Apparently ending words in “er” was a fad back then.)

Gradually, the term “soccer” gained popularity in the U.S. to distinguish the sport from American football. By the 1980s, the Brits began to part with the term, apparently, because it had become too “American.”

You know us Americans, we love our shorthand. I'd be cool with calling it
"association football" again too though.

Reactions: BrickAHL

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Actually it's called Football not soccer
2GHdRDg.jpg

The blue countries are the ones that know what's going on.

Basically, in places where they don't have actual football, they call soccer football.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets re-signed Jokic and Barton.

Barton got 4 years, 54 million
Jokic got 5 years, 148 million

This puts the Nuggets at least 23 million dollars over the luxury tax for next season. They have 33 million expiring at the end of next year in Faried, Chandler, and Arthur though.

That pretty much guarantees the starting five next year

PG: Jamal Murray
SG: Gary Harris
PF: Paul Millsap
SF: Will Barton
C: Nikola Jokic

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Take it over slave labor, holliganism and wanton bigotry.

My god Soccer fans are more in your face than a vegan, jazz fanatic Jehovah Witness. You wonder why the sport doesn't sell in the US? Soccer fans.

...Americans really don’t know a thing about their own history, huh? ;-)

Reactions: VikingAv

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Nuggets are pursuing a meeting with LeBron.
I've been trying to get a meeting with Barbara Palvin, but haven't had any luck.

Maybe Denver have better luck than me

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Is your point that FIFA did a better job of hiding the bribes they took from Qatar than the current administration?...
No my point is soccer is a cesspool of violence, corruption, oppression and bigotry that makes the NFL look like Harry Chapin and its hipster American shills need to get off their high horse.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Rockies signed a guy named "Warming Bernabel" disappointed that he's not a reliever just for the puns.

CarGo gets 10 & 5 rights on July 19th, so like...they should trade him before that date.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Rockies signed a guy named "Warming Bernabel" disappointed that he's not a reliever just for the puns.

CarGo gets 10 & 5 rights on July 19th, so like...they should trade him before that date.
I've just accepted that CarGo is going to retire a Rockie at the age of like 40.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The freaking Warriors just replaced Javale McGee with Demarcus Cousins.

If Cousins is healthy, Green and Igoudala just became the 5th and 6th best players on their team.

Might as well just give them the trophy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad