NFL Player: Terrell Davis
NBA Player: Tim Duncan
Boxer: That Russian Guy
MLB Player: Mike Piazza or Ichiro
Rugby: Leigh Halfpenny
CHL: Josh Morrissey or Seth Jones
NCAAH: Tigres duo of Brett Sterling and Marty Sertich
Tennis: Stanislas Wawrinka, Caroline Wozniacki, and Maria Sharapova
Football: Santi Cazorla (this was really tough and not a very popular opinion except one of @Duchene2MacKinnon :sarcasm:)

I have no idea what the context of this post is or what SEPH is saying jus by listing random players but I approve this message.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Need to bring these beautiful bastards back...

mb2kx2iiuqjsitmw2fw11uqtp.gif

Okay, NOW I can see it.

Those were the first incarnation of the skyline jerseys. The blue was a lot darker and they had green trim instead of gold. I fondly remember KiKi and Issel sporting these. One of the best uniforms ever created in sports. I really wish they'd just quit messing around and go with it. Can't remember where I read it but apparently a lot of teams resist the urge to just go retro full time because they get sales on both the current stuff AND the retro stuff at the same time, so it's like having two revenue streams.

I'm really surprised the fan feedback is so positive on the new uniforms, especially the JayHawks reject. Why do people think those look good!?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Looks like we're getting our undisputed heavyweight title match. Wilder is just waiting on Joshua's camp to send the contract.

Titles on the line:
Joshua's WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO
Wilder's WBC
Vacant lineal title
Vacant Ring title

All the marbles. First undisputed chanp since Lennox Lewis will be crowned, barring any shenanigans.

I've got Wilder by 7th round KO.

Joshua has the better fundametals, the weight advantage, the accuracy, and more big fight experience. And he's going to get the fight in the UK at a venue of his choice on a date of his choice.

Wilder has supernatural punching power, a better chin, faster hands, faster feet, more reach, more head movement, better stamina.

Joshua may well win more rounds, but he doesn't move his head enough to avoid Wilder's right hand the whole fight. Wilder will catch him and put him to sleep.

A great counter puncher like a Lewis or a James Toney or prime Wlad would obliterate Wilder, but Joshua lacks that skill.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies have a clueless front office and a clueless manager.

Cool

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Rockies generally never sell even when they should have, even if they don't get back a lot (Boone Logan couple years ago comes to mind) .

However, if LeMahieu and Ottavino are still on the team after July/August, then the front office is even more clueless than I imagined. You better hope some team might be dumb and trade Parra, CarGo, and Iannetta too.

Also have to think about dealing Arenado this TDL with 1.5 years left on his contract or even this offseason if they know for sure he wants to test the market.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Also, Blackmon 111 wRC+ this year compared to 146 wRC+ last year. Slugging down by a whole a lot, wOBA down by a whole a lot.

-19 DRS at CF already and it was -5 last year, add that with negative baserunning....

don't give long term extensions to 30+ year olds in baseball.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Rockies generally never sell even when they should have, even if they don't get back a lot (Boone Logan couple years ago comes to mind) .

However, if LeMahieu and Ottavino are still on the team after July/August, then the front office is even more clueless than I imagined. You better hope some team might be dumb and trade Parra, CarGo, and Iannetta too.

Also have to think about dealing Arenado this TDL with 1.5 years left on his contract or even this offseason if they know for sure he wants to test the market.
Rockies have never had an understanding as to when to get rid of players.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Looks like we're getting our undisputed heavyweight title match. Wilder is just waiting on Joshua's camp to send the contract.

Titles on the line:
Joshua's WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO
Wilder's WBC
Vacant lineal title
Vacant Ring title

All the marbles. First undisputed chanp since Lennox Lewis will be crowned, barring any shenanigans.

I've got Wilder by 7th round KO.

Joshua has the better fundametals, the weight advantage, the accuracy, and more big fight experience. And he's going to get the fight in the UK at a venue of his choice on a date of his choice.

Wilder has supernatural punching power, a better chin, faster hands, faster feet, more reach, more head movement, better stamina.

Joshua may well win more rounds, but he doesn't move his head enough to avoid Wilder's right hand the whole fight. Wilder will catch him and put him to sleep.

A great counter puncher like a Lewis or a James Toney or prime Wlad would obliterate Wilder, but Joshua lacks that skill.

It's all games until it's official.

The more I watch Joshua, the more I realize who he is...he's another Wlad. Big, athletic guy with good fundamentals and punching power. At his best using his length to control distance and throw straight shots. Not a fluid athlete and can be robotic with his movements. Zero head movement.

Wilder is so much more dynamic as an athlete...he only has to get Joshua timed up one time. To me he will. I have Wilder within 10 by KO

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll be super-bummed if/when Ottavino leaves. I was debating whether or not to put his name/number on my old and beat up Rox jersey, that's how much I like the guy. He's battled through a ton to get to this level.

But I guess that's what life as a Rox fan is kinda like, you get to see guys either peter out into nothing (Brad Hawpe) or watch them play their best baseball for someone else.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
It's all games until it's official.

The more I watch Joshua, the more I realize who he is...he's another Wlad. Big, athletic guy with good fundamentals and punching power. At his best using his length to control distance and throw straight shots. Not a fluid athlete and can be robotic with his movements. Zero head movement.

Wilder is so much more dynamic as an athlete...he only has to get Joshua timed up one time. To me he will. I have Wilder within 10 by KO
Joshua isn't anywhere close to prime Wlad's level. The Wlad he fought was coming off a loss and a two year layoff, and his last victory was an unimpressive win against Jennings. And Wlad still almost knocked him out, and the fight ended on an early stoppage.

If Joshua had fought the Wlad from 3 years prior he goes down in 5 rounds, easily.

Joshua tries to fight like Wlad but he lacks the precision, technical skill, or killer instinct.

Wilder by KO in 7.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I mean, Joshua is still a young fighter. Remember Wlad didn't really become an unstoppable force until he was around 30 or so. Joshua has a lot of the same issues a young Wlad had, perhaps he will have to take a loss or two to learn. Joshua still has a lot of growing to do in my mind, but I think as he becomes more experienced will end up a lot like Wladimir.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Ian Desmond doesn't have a double or a triple in June.....

but he still has a wRC+ of 148 this month. Don't bunt, don't hit a double or a triple, just hit dingers

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Naw dude, he sucks. Black hole offensively who thinks he should be getting Lebron type usage. **** no.

Okay, seeing as how he's about to be bought out it sure seems like that is indeed the case.

BTW, my (likely inaccurate) prediction: Manimal will still be on the Nuggets before the eventual firing of Michael Malone. But he'll still be dealt somehow, I just don't know how.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
And they just did.

Nuggs either just got the steal of the draft as Vic Lombardi just said, or they just snagged the next Greg Oden. Only time will tell.

The concerns about his back appear to be legit but at 14 I think you almost have to take that chance. Leading up to tonight people were talking about them trying to use that pick to dump Faried so this is certainly better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad