OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
And they just did.

Nuggs either just got the steal of the draft as Vic Lombardi just said, or they just snagged the next Greg Oden. Only time will tell.
At 14, nothing wrong with taking a risk.

He would have gone #1 this year if he wasn’t injured

member 116861

Great pick by the Nugs. You have to take that risk at #14, they would have gotten a role player at best otherwise.

I really like this Denver team, the future is bright as hell.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
At 14, nothing wrong with taking a risk.

He would have gone #1 this year if he wasn’t injured
It was a great pick. If he is healthy it's the best pick in the draft and is going to make lots of teams look foolish. I guess we lucked out that he was injured all year because like you said he'd been a top pick if not and we would have had no shot.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
So MPJ is incredible and I said I was going to finally get into the NBA and become a fan of whoever takes him. I'll get there in time, but does anyone have a quick sparknotes version of the Nuggets? What are the team strengths? Weaknesses? Team needs? Are you ok with the coach/GM? Etc.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Prior to the draft there was some speculation that Porter could be red-shirted for a year and yesterday Connelly talked about being very patient and taking the long-term approach with him. So it shouldn't be too surprising if he doesn't end up playing next season.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So MPJ is incredible and I said I was going to finally get into the NBA and become a fan of whoever takes him. I'll get there in time, but does anyone have a quick sparknotes version of the Nuggets? What are the team strengths? Weaknesses? Team needs? Are you ok with the coach/GM? Etc.

Be prepared to be frustrated. The Nuggets were a reasonably successful franchise in the 1980s (they hadn't a prayer of winning it all while the Lakers and Celtics ruled the league at the time, but they were still fun and playoff-worthy) but since then have been, for the most part, laughable. Last season gave us some light at the end of the tunnel as they appear to have a pretty good, young core (Jokic, Harris, Blue Arrow, and now MPJ) but sure seems like they have the wrong coach. I imagine if they stumble out the gate they'll scuttle him pretty quickly though. Hope springs eternal so we will see.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The concerns about his back appear to be legit but at 14 I think you almost have to take that chance. Leading up to tonight people were talking about them trying to use that pick to dump Faried so this is certainly better than that.

Porter is a huge talent, but man I would be terrified of taking a big that has serious injury concerns.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah but what kind of music does Jokic listen to?

I wish I could like this post more than once.
The concerns about his back appear to be legit but at 14 I think you almost have to take that chance. Leading up to tonight people were talking about them trying to use that pick to dump Faried so this is certainly better than that.

Especially for a team like the Nuggets who look like they have the young core to eat a bust if his back is f***ed. Unlike my knicks who absolutely couldn't risk that...even if Kyrie does team up with KP next summer, to save us. We needed a kid with talent to be a long time starter, but it had to be someone that management was confident would contribute for a long time...because shit is dire, like "we thought Mudiay would help things" dire. But the Nuggets were in a great spot to roll those dice.

Slowly warming up to the idea of watching the knicks more often next year. As it will be interesting to see how this new coach & the kids do with all of the pressure off with KP potentially out all year. If the coach is as good at developing young players as hyped, maybe Porzi comes back to find Knox & Ntilikina are ready to start sidekicking it up with him. Which in turn, actually gets Kyrie excited enough to do something as stupid as trying to save the knicks.

...plus I like the idea of using our 2nd rounder on a mobile 7 footer who was a top 10 recruit before sitting out the whole season due to unclear NCAA shenanigans. Lets give this "developmental" coach as much raw talent as we can given our limited avenues for doing so.

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Outlaws won their 5th straight today, climbing out of a 1-4 start into a playoff spot with 4 games left.

Wilson Chandler opted in for one more year for the Nuggets. Expected, but it sucks.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets are about to decline his option for this upcoming season and instead ink Jokic to a 5-year, 146.5 million dollar contract.

So once this gets done, the Nuggets will have Jokic locked up through 2022-2023, and Harris is already locked up through 2021-2022.

Plumlee is signed for this year and next.

Millsap, Murray, Beasley, Hernangomez, and Lydon are signed through this year and have team options for next season (2019-2020).

Chandler, Faried, Arthur, and Lyles are on the final year of their contracts.

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
f***ing sell everyone Rockies, please.

There's a ton of positional players in AAA that should get a closer look in the majors for half a season.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
****ing sell everyone Rockies, please.

There's a ton of positional players in AAA that should get a closer look in the majors for half a season.

Such a waste. Not saying they should've spent like drunken sailors, but they had a prime opportunity this year with so many teams pulling the plug and at least a couple teams in the West taking a step back.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Listening to someone explain to me that a team is going to advance in the world cup based on a lower amount of penalties called nearly made my head explode today.

Soccer is bad at playoffs, period. Aggregate scoring is stupid, deciding stuff based on penalties called is stupid, playoff ties are insanely stupid, group stages are stupid.

Just let them play each other. One game, or a short series, whatever. No extraneous nonsense. Just a winner that advances and a loser that goes home based on who won the freaking games.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Well yeah, but that part is especially bad.

Also the horrible clock rules. Make the clock count down and freaking stop it when you should. Stoppage time at the end of the game is a stupid mess.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
How in the hell are they going to make them play an additional game? When? This also happened the first time in the history, it's an absolute non issue.

Reactions: cgf

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Actually it's called Football not soccer
Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

Reactions: BrickAHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad