OT: Other Sports aka BROCK no PEYTON XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Eh I shut it off.

Can't stand Alabama and can't stand Dalbo's whining. He will make a perfect coach for Alabama when Saban moves on

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Well at least my team can read and write, 3/4th of Alabama probably can't spell their names.

Saban is a cheater, always will be.

I was hoping you'd be on here reacting this way. :cry::cry:

I came here to say that Clemson is a better team than I had given them credit for. Coker had a bad first half. If he would've been able to get rid of the ball on time Alabama really could have blown the doors off the game in the second quarter.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I came here to say that Clemson is a better team than I had given them credit for. Coker had a bad first half. If he would've been able to get rid of the ball on time Alabama really could have blown the doors off the game in the second quarter.

I thought Clemson played well enough to win, that is all you can ask for. That onside kick was a genius move, really.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Hey guys! Hawks fan here.

Mods, I'm not trying to cause any problems. I was doing some shopping on Lids.com, and they have 50% off clearance. Some Avs jerseys (Landeskog, Duchene, MacKinnon, etc.) jerseys are listed for under $70, meaning they're about $35. I think it's because they have the Yeti patch. Not trying to promote sales or anything. Just figured plenty of you hockey fans like jerseys. Cheers.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Lol, just admit that you along with pretty much everyone was wrong about Clemson. They're a good team, and gave Alabama everything they could have asked for and I'm proud to call them my team, they represented well, and showed the world that they weren't a fluke. And I can't wait for next season when they could be even better.

Alabama had to get 2 onside kick recoveries and a kick return TD just to win. Wouldn't say it was the run away that you predicted.

I could easily say that if Watson doesn't throw a dumb int in the 2nd quarter Clemson could have taken over the game at that point not Alabama, they were lucky to go into half tied, not sure what game you were watching.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
XezEN5g.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So Stan gets his wish and is allowed to move his team to LA.

If he planned that all along a couple of years ago when he bought the Rams, he really is a cutthroat businessman.

I wonder how that affects the Avs.

Arsenal, LA Rams (+ a crapload of money he will earn (but also have to invest first) from the entertainment complex he will build around their new stadium), Avs, Nuggets.

Really wonder if that opens the floodgates moneywise for all of his teams or if he pennypinches to refinance the move to LA / new arena.

EDIT:

According to Wikipedia we belong partly to his wife now since October?

Yay Walmart money? Why did that happen? I though Josh got us? Or did Josh only get a majority stake and now Stan has transferred his minority stake to his wife?

Really hard to keep track off who owns what. Those people have way too much money....

EDIT2:

Wow. I did not realize how shady this whole Rams-to-LA thing is. The "Benedict Arnold" of St.Louis. Interesting...
Lets just hope that the Kings never relocate...

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Kroenke hate out there is strong. Looks like he's once again going to get exactly what he wanted.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
At least the Avs and Nuggets are contractually obligated to remain in Denver through 2025 so it'll be at least another few years before the taxpayers get coerced into building a new arena.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If they're moving, I wonder if they re-brand? Even though the Rams were originally in LA before moving to St. Louis, STL is where they won their Super Bowls. Leave STL the Rams branding (so that they might use it again if they can get another team), and just re-brand the franchise.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
they're 0-2-1 in St Louis I think

Not really a crazy body of work. Pretty close to the same as saying the Broncos have never won in London.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So Stan gets his wish and is allowed to move his team to LA.

If he planned that all along a couple of years ago when he bought the Rams, he really is a cutthroat businessman.

I wonder how that affects the Avs.

Arsenal, LA Rams (+ a crapload of money he will earn (but also have to invest first) from the entertainment complex he will build around their new stadium), Avs, Nuggets.
Lets just hope that the Kings never relocate...
Kroenke has owned part of the Rams since 1995. It's just recently that he became full owner, but he's been a co-owner for two decades.

He also owns Pepsi Center, the Colorado Mammoth, the Colorado Rapids, and Dick's Sporting Goods Park in addition to the Rams, Arsenal, the Avs, Nuggets, etc.

But Kroenke won this deal big time. He gets to move his team, own his stadium, and likely charge rent to the Raiders or Chargers (likely Chargers).

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
If they're moving, I wonder if they re-brand? Even though the Rams were originally in LA before moving to St. Louis, STL is where they won their Super Bowls. Leave STL the Rams branding (so that they might use it again if they can get another team), and just re-brand the franchise.

I think if that were the case they'd have come to an agreement by now... that was the case with the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Supersonics. The Rams were in LA for 48 years and in St. Louis for 20... the franchise has more roots in LA than any other NFL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad