GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Then trade up. Why make it so dramatic if we drop to 7th overall. It's like we will miss out on the greatest talent ever. The 2-12 players are all interchangeable anyway.

You can do both, trade down + trade up to get two picks between 12-15.

You need a team willing to trade down, though.. and the teams ahead of us are all generally pick packed like we are. Most times that happens, teams just stick and pick the guy at the top of their board.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
For 2023, I put together Bob's rankings in May and his final rankings from June.

From his final top 12, who didn't get drafted top 12:

Benson - Drafted 13th
Perreault - Drafted 23rd
Wood - Drafted 15th
Barlow - Drafted 18th

Drafted in top 12, but weren't part of his final top 12:

Simashev - Ranked 19th
Danielson - Ranked 16th
Willander - Ranked 20th
But - Ranked 22nd

MayJuneActual
1​
BedardBedardBedard
2​
FantilliFantilliCarlsson
3​
SmithCarlssonFantilli
4​
CarlssonSmithSmith
5​
MichkovMichkovReinbacher
6​
DvorskyLeonardSimashev
7​
LeonardDvorskyMichkov
8​
BensonReinbacherLeonard
9​
PerreaultBensonDanielson
10​
ReinbacherPerreaultDvorsky
11​
BarlowWoodWillander
12​
WoodBarlowBut

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You need a team willing to trade down, though.. and the teams ahead of us are all generally pick packed like we are. Most times that happens, teams just stick and pick the guy at the top of their board.
Then draft the best player on your list even a defender if needed. If you believe in your scouting team let them do the work.

Reactions: cphabs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure they will take their highest rated forward when it comes to it.. doesn't mean they might not be sitting there watching Lindstrom go a pick ahead of them just like Smith last year.
I am not so sure of that. Defenseman are way more valuable than forwards this year. I do not see a way where if Levshunov is available you don't pull the trigger.
Even trading down a spot or entertain a bidding war for a team to trade up go get that elusive top defenseman. I personally do not have any issue at all if we get Iginla, Sennecke or Catton instead of Demidov or Lindstrom.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You can do both, trade down + trade up to get two picks between 12-15.
That's a big ask in my opinion and highly unlikely. Of course everything depends on who our scouts and management has as their top players. It would be nice to get the name at the top of the list, instead of guys mid way down the list.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I am not so sure of that. Defenseman are way more valuable than forwards this year. I do not see a way where if Levshunov is available you don't pull the trigger.

Lev will go in the top four IMO, but that doesn't mean Lindstrom won't either.

The top four could easily be.

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom

Which leaves us with Catton or Iginla or whoever, as much as I want a forward and think that's what we should do, I'd also love to have a Dickinson in our pipeline.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Even trading down a spot or entertain a bidding war for a team to trade up go get that elusive top defenseman. I personally do not have any issue at all if we get Iginla, Sennecke or Catton instead of Demidov or Lindstrom.

I don't see a way where Levshunov is available, he's probably the only one where the no D stance goes out for the Habs.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lev will go in the top four IMO, but that doesn't mean Lindstrom won't either.

The top four could easily be.

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom
And? You get Catton or Sennecke or Iginla all of these 3 are most likely as good as your forward at 2nd or 4th overall. Trust your scout, they did their work and you will have a nice talented kid/young player to build with and help him develop. Hardly a situation to be mad.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
And? You get Catton or Sennecke or Iginla all of these 3 are most likely as good as your forward at 2nd or 4th overall. Trust your scout, they did their work and you will have a nice talented kid/young player to build with and help him develop. Hardly a situation to be mad.

Agreed. We're getting a great player regardless. I'd just personally prefer Celebrini, Demidov or Lindstrom in that order.

I'm thinking @WeThreeKings is feeling the same.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We were 10 points away from finishing 4th last so they didn't have a huge impact.

If anything, we should be thankful we were only 10-16 in OT/SO games because if we went 16-10 instead we'd have finished 10th last.
THIS is the way to look at it, 100%

And It'll be Lindstrom btw, and we will be sooooooo happy
Confident.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
For 2023, I put together Bob's rankings in May and his final rankings from June.

From his final top 12, who didn't get drafted top 12:

Benson - Drafted 13th
Perreault - Drafted 23rd

Wood - Drafted 15th
Barlow - Drafted 18th

Drafted in top 12, but weren't part of his final top 12:

Simashev - Ranked 19th
Danielson - Ranked 16th
Willander - Ranked 20th
But - Ranked 22nd

MayJuneActual
1​
BedardBedardBedard
2​
FantilliFantilliCarlsson
3​
SmithCarlssonFantilli
4​
CarlssonSmithSmith
5​
MichkovMichkovReinbacher
6​
DvorskyLeonardSimashev
7​
LeonardDvorskyMichkov
8​
BensonReinbacherLeonard
9​
PerreaultBensonDanielson
10​
ReinbacherPerreaultDvorsky
11​
BarlowWoodWillander
12​
WoodBarlowBut
This still boggles the brain. Both clear as day top 10 talents.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Our most likely spot is 6th (44% i think) and so working off that scenario, Celebrini and at least 1 Dman will be taken in the top 5, so where do we see the remaining 3 picks going?

I don't think Demidov will fall far, and maybe Lindstrom is taken before us, but no matter how you imagine our F options at 6, we're going to be left with some great choices.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I see Buffalo and SJ as potential teams that could want to move down.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I want the Habs to fall to 6 or 7 if they don't win the lottery (either #1 or 2).

Being #5 two years in a row feels like bad karma or something.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have this strange feeling that we will be winning the lottery… quite excited for tomorrow!

Now we need a good luck video , not many people here know Runner77 and OldCraig71 actually played together in a famous rock band back in the day....
good luck to Habs fans In the draft lotto(Jump)

Runner77 and Old Craig 71

• Love
Reactions: ElQuebecois

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Please hockey gods ....Change our 5 to 1..Thank you .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad