OT: Other Sports aka 2 weeks until NFL Draft thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Hillman re-signs with Denver, 1 year deal (haven't seen the $ amount yet).

1 million base, up to 2 million with incentives

I think this is a really good deal. Hillman has been frustrating at times but he was big for us when Anderson was struggling/injured last year.

Hillman also ran behind a ZBS in college, so with our offense fully transitioning to that this year and also beefing up the line Hillman could have a career season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1 million base, up to 2 million with incentives

I think this is a really good deal. Hillman has been frustrating at times but he was big for us when Anderson was struggling/injured last year.

Hillman also ran behind a ZBS in college, so with our offense fully transitioning to that this year and also beefing up the line Hillman could have a career season.

Just keep him behind CJ!:soap:

Shiloh Keo is also back.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
They wouldn't have matched Miami's offer if they weren't planning on featuring Anderson. But Hillman on an incentive-based 1 year deal is a good option to spell him.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It's possible, you just got to call them.

Thanks. I've thought of signing up for that a number of times, but I don't like that magazine at all, and don't want the thing coming to my home. I signed up for espnthemagazine when it first came out in the late 90s (I believe Eric Lindros was on that first cover), didn't like it, cancelled the thing about 8 times, but they kept delivering the effing things for years even though I wasn't billed anymore. The only way I got them to stop was when I moved across the country.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Thanks. I've thought of signing up for that a number of times, but I don't like that magazine at all, and don't want the thing coming to my home. I signed up for espnthemagazine when it first came out in the late 90s (I believe Eric Lindros was on that first cover), didn't like it, cancelled the thing about 8 times, but they kept delivering the effing things for years even though I wasn't billed anymore. The only way I got them to stop was when I moved across the country.

Give them a fake address.:dunno:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand

At least you asked for it. I got it as a substitute when Hockey Digest folded during the 04 lockout. Never paid for it. Got it until I moved to Thailand in 2013. And even though I was getting it, as soon as I tried to use the mailing label to sign up for Insider, it would kick back with an error.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Some things explain themselves.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Adam Schefter ✔ ‎@AdamSchefter
ESPN analyst Jon Gruden on former Penn St. QB Christian Hackenberg: "I'll be shocked if he doesn't go in the first round."

I've been trying to watch a lot of clips on all the "top" QBs available and I think the best options for the Broncos are either Connor Cook or Christian Hackenberg. I think both are getting under-rated in the draft and both have 1st round talent.

I'd be shocked to see Hackenberg go in the first round but early to mid 2nd is realisitic. Cook could go see late 1st round. What's funny is I think Hackenberg is the better of the two. Cook had a really good team around him, whereas Hackenberg did as much as he could with little help around him.

Hackenberg kinda of reminds me of a less moronic version of Jay Cutler. Hackenberg has a huge arm and can make all the throws. His biggest knock is he holds the ball too long, something that can easily be worked on. But at least he goes through his progressions. Plus he tough, he's willing to stand in the pocket and make a play even if it means he is going to get hit. I'd be more than happy if the Broncos drafted Hackenberg, he has a bunch of potential.

Unfortunately I think the Broncos will waste a pick on Dak Prescott. The more I watch him, the more I see Tim Tebow. You have to be able to make NFL throws, you can't survive by just using your feet in the NFL. Even Cam Newton learned this and has become a much better pocket passer. I'm not sure Dak Prescott will ever make it as an NFL QB. In my opinion another mobile QB that would be better suited as a tight end in the NFL.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Which QBs have the Broncos brought in for predraft interviews?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Adam Schefter ✔ ‎@AdamSchefter
ESPN analyst Jon Gruden on former Penn St. QB Christian Hackenberg: "I'll be shocked if he doesn't go in the first round."

Somebody be standing by with smelling salts and a defribulator next Thursday.

Grudens lacks objectivity on QBs. I think Hack will be a Day 3 pick and still end up in Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad