OT: Other Sports aka 2 weeks until NFL Draft thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Yeah, Clady could get 5M somewhere else easy. He may be coming off an injury but he's still a good LT.

I think whatever cuts are gonna happen will start either tomorrow or Monday. When it comes to some of this stuff Elway seems to like to wait until the last minute.

That said, I have a sneaky feeling they have a deal set with Brock and are just sitting on it until the last minute. Sort of how they got DT done 15 minutes before the deadline last July.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Well they need cap room to sign Brock, so do they cut Peyton Manning? Are things so bitter between Peyton and the Broncos that Peyton's waiting them out to force their hand (and make them take the PR hit of cutting a future HOF legend)?

I get the sense that Peyton doesn't want to even play for the Broncos next year anyways. I think I'm on the heavily pessimistic side of things, believing that there is lots of tension between Manning and Kubiak/Elway for the way this year played out. Am I crazy?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything out of the Broncos camp at all about cuts/restructuring yet.

How hard is it to tell Clady $3M/year or you're cut?

I'm wondering if one renegotiation might hinge on the other. Say if Demarcus takes a pay cut he'd still put them too high to restructure Clady, but if he were cut/retired he'd there would be enough money available for Clady.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Well they need cap room to sign Brock, so do they cut Peyton Manning? Are things so bitter between Peyton and the Broncos that Peyton's waiting them out to force their hand (and make them take the PR hit of cutting a future HOF legend)?

I get the sense that Peyton doesn't want to even play for the Broncos next year anyways. I think I'm on the heavily pessimistic side of things, believing that there is lots of tension between Manning and Kubiak/Elway for the way this year played out. Am I crazy?
Your not crazy. I think the tension between Manning and Elway is very high. Goes back to Mannings limp performance in the playoffs vs Indy, the firing of Fox/Gase and the pay cut.

Would surprise me if Peyton is dragging this out purely out of spite. lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Like TV said, and I'll take it a bit further--he just doesn't truly know if he can walk away from it right now. His body might be telling him to, but his mind hasn't gotten there yet, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Plus, the Broncos have to do what's best for them, and that is releasing Manning, and then he is free to see if there's any interest in him. He can do that quietly (through backchannels), and if there's not (or it's a destination that he doesn't care for), he can then retire.

His best move is actually allowing the Broncos to cut him, and that's their best move. As a Manning fan, I don't see that as really a disservice at all, more of an "it is what it is" situation.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Your not crazy. I think the tension between Manning and Elway is very high. Goes back to Mannings limp performance in the playoffs vs Indy, the firing of Fox/Gase and the pay cut.

Would surprise me if Peyton is dragging this out purely out of spite. lol.

Manning was clearly disappointed with Fox last year and Fox quit as much as he was fired anyway, so i don't see how that would be a source of tension.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
curious how much guaranteed.

And if I am the Broncos I am leaking to the press what our second option is to encourage him to sign the deal. They can't leak anything yet though due to tampering. But on day one of the open period I'm sure we will hear the Broncos being in high interest of someone else.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'm wondering if it's money or length of the deal that is really holding Brock up. I could see Brock being fine with 13-15 but wanting 4-5+ years.

Wouldn't shock me if this is Elways take it/leave it deal.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I wouldn't want Kaepernick as a third stringer if he offered to play for free.

But anyway, the Mammoth are having a special season. They just won again tonight, their fourth in a row. They're 8-2 on the season and have beaten every team in the league except Toronto at least once (they haven't played them yet). Four straight wins, two full games up on every other team in the league.

Hopefully this will finally be our year. Haven't won a playoff game since the 2006 Championship.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I wouldn't want Kaepernick as a third stringer if he offered to play for free.

I wholly agree. Kaepernick is terrible.

But anyway, the Mammoth are having a special season. They just won again tonight, their fourth in a row. They're 8-2 on the season and have beaten every team in the league except Toronto at least once (they haven't played them yet). Four straight wins, two full games up on every other team in the league.

Hopefully this will finally be our year. Haven't won a playoff game since the 2006 Championship.

Went to the game tonight. Had a lot of fun.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Haven't missed a Mammoth game in years.

Adam Jones is playing on a different level. Back to back sock tricks (6+ goals) is unreal.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Depending on what writer you believe...Kapernick.

Yeah, I agree, I have no interest in Kaepernick.

Who does that leave, though, RGIII? Pretty sure I don't want him either.

Maybe Kaepernick is the second best option? would be a better game manager than RGIII.

Let's just hope Brock doesn't try to bend us over. Where else would he go? Cleveland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad