OT: Other Sports aka 2 weeks until NFL Draft thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
They get $19M back, but have a $2.5M cap hit for dead money.

I read that they really want Ware back. Cutting him would free up $10M. Maybe they want to restructure his last season or something.

They're already trying to restructure. He was in South Africa for a while.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
They get $19M back, but have a $2.5M cap hit for dead money.

I read that they really want Ware back. Cutting him would free up $10M. Maybe they want to restructure his last season or something.

I really want Ware back as well - he'd basically be the leader in the locker room of the whole team. Huge leadership void if he were to leave.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Keeping Ware is key to the leadership in that locker room like you guys have been saying.

Von wouldn't have become the player he is toady if it wasn't for Ware.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Zane Beadles was awful for them - had to compete for his job with a rookie and lost badly.

score was reporting today that the Broncos made Brock a "substantial offer", whatever that means

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The Jag cut Zane Beadles after two years.

Yep. And I believe Houston cut Rahim Moore after one.

I thought Beadles was pretty good when he was here. Not sure what happened to him.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Zane Beadles was awful for them - had to compete for his job with a rookie and lost badly.

score was reporting today that the Broncos made Brock a "substantial offer", whatever that means
Broncos supposedly have a 3yr/13 million per offer on the table.

I thought Beadles was pretty good when he was here. Not sure what happened to him.
He was...the Broncos knew they couldn't afford him so they let him walk. If he'll take a pay cut I'd bring him back and cut Vasquez.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Some good news for the Nuggets: our second lottery ticket is on a 3-15 swoon.

Phil Jackson also made me further question his competence by mentioning Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf in the same sentence with Stef Curry.:facepalm:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
No, I understand why they didn't resign him. I was wondering what happened to his level of play since he left.

injuries - I forgot which ones but he had one or two that really prevented him from being the same player.

Jacksonville's offensive line was horrible this year early on. They gave Zane every chance in the world to turn it around and be a starter but he was eventually replaced by (I think) AJ Cann. Zane had been slotted to be the starter and Cann the understudy at the beginning of the year.

What's even worse is Cann really didn't look that good either - it's not like the rookie was incredible and just beat out the vet. Luke Joeckel hasn't panned out at all like he was expected to either. That OL was just in shambles. For Zane to get cut just tells you how awful he was there.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything out of the Broncos camp at all about cuts/restructuring yet.

How hard is it to tell Clady $3M/year or you're cut?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything out of the Broncos camp at all about cuts/restructuring yet.

How hard is it to tell Clady $3M/year or you're cut?

I bet he'll easily make more than that somewhere else. I think $5M is probably more like what he'll need to be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad