OT: Other Sports 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Is saying they’re going to take 1/3 against the hottest team in the MLB right now really being negative on everything? Lol
They are the hottest team in baseball but the Cubs have been the 2nd best team behind the braves since the break.

In general you seem to have negative things to post about the Cubs when they struggle, and in Chicago when you are a negative fan you’re probably going to be right a lot.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
They are the hottest team in baseball but the Cubs have been the 2nd best team behind the braves since the break.

In general you seem to have negative things to post about the Cubs when they struggle, and in Chicago when you are a negative fan you’re probably going to be right a lot.

I was just defending them today about how their 12 game stretch was good haha

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My thoughts from opening weekend of college football are that Navy is horrible, Notre Dame is a CFP contender, and USC's defense still looks pretty booty, which is bound to haunt them eventually.
No idea if Notre Dame will be good or not, but pounding Navy doesn’t prove anything.

Reactions: TLEH

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
No idea if Notre Dame will be good or not, but pounding Navy doesn’t prove anything.

Notre Dame will be good. There is no question about that. Great offensive line, good running back depth, a QB who can open up the field for them, and another very good defense.

Now the question will be if they’re just good, or CFP good. I’m leaning towards the latter, but it’s going to be an interesting year in college football outside of Georgia dominating everyone again!

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Notre Dame will be good. There is no question about that. Great offensive line, good running back depth, a QB who can open up the field for them, and another very good defense.

Now the question will be if they’re just good, or CFP good. I’m leaning towards the latter, but it’s going to be an interesting year in college football outside of Georgia dominating everyone again!

Not everybody. I am not impressed with GA talent (excluding the exceptional TE, of course) this year, to be honest. But it won't matter because they got a Clemson/ACC level cupcake schedule for them this year. There is a reason why teams don't win three in a row. I'd take the field over GA for the title, easily.

Notre Dame is tricky. Every year they look like they should be good but ultimately they are overrated and get exposed by better teams. So how is it going to be any different for them this year?

I hate weeks like this when the Cubs get the Brewers at Wrigley (and have already have lost one) and the Bears are hosting the Packers. There is a good chance CHGO sports teams can go 0-4 against the Wisconsin pukes this week. I don't like that one bit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not everybody. I am not impressed with GA talent (excluding the exceptional TE, of course) this year, to be honest. But it won't matter because they got a Clemson/ACC level cupcake schedule for them this year. There is a reason why teams don't win three in a row. I'd take the field over GA for the title, easily.

Notre Dame is tricky. Every year they look like they should be good but ultimately they are overrated and get exposed by better teams. So how is it going to be any different for them this year?

I hate weeks like this when the Cubs get the Brewers at Wrigley (and have already have lost one) and the Bears are hosting the Packers. There is a good chance CHGO sports teams can go 0-4 against the Wisconsin pukes this week. I don't like that one bit.
I keep hearing people talk about this, but they don't play them this week. They play on the 10th.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Eh, with the system they play, I feel pretty confident Georgia will remain steady at the QB position. They bring back three of their top four running backs. They bring back their two leading receivers from last year (Bowers & McConkey), plus they added Missouri's top WR and Miss State's top WR from last year. And will probably have one of the best, if not the best, offensive line in the country. They're bringing back a pretty good amount on defense as well.

What's different for them this year is Sam Hartman. Pretty challenging schedule, so if they can pull of 11-1, they will be right in the CFP conversation. And I can definitely see them pulling that off this year.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Screensho.jpeg

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The Los Angeles angels of Anaheim just placed Lucas giolito, Reynaldo López, Matt Moore and Randal grichuk on waivers.
What a terribly run organization. Makes the white Sox look somewhat competent.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Los Angeles angels of Anaheim just placed Lucas giolito, Reynaldo López, Matt Moore and Randal grichuk on waivers.
It makes sense to me. Since they made the trades a few weeks back, they fell out of the playoff race. So now theyre putting these guys on waivers, so they can potentially trade them to whoever claimed them or trade them to any team if they go unclaimed. Unless the rules changed and I'm not aware, which is possible.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I mean dumping Gio at this point is fairly defendable

He is pending FA and has been atrocious for Angels

1-5 with 6.89 ERA

Saving a few dollars cutting him loose makes sense

I am not sure anyone even picks him up

Horrible trade by Angels

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Giolito literally pitched well in his final start with the Angels. If I'm a wild card team, I would definitely give him a shot. But selfishly I want the Sox to claim him to give him a proper send off. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cant really get into politics here but in this case you cant avoid the reality of it

The mayor has intervened multiple times to prevent his police superintendent from commenting on shooting when asked questions from media

Chicago Public Schools confirm a CPS teacher was indeed shot at Friday night's Sox game. Two women suffered injuries.

This is 2nd time in weeks Waller has been muzzled and pulled from podium by mayor over something involving a CTU member

Its f***ing cringey to watch a grown man being treated like a toddler by mayor. I hope the $ is worth it to be publicly humiliated like this

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There's no more waiver trade deadline. If they're claimed, they're letting them go for nothing more than salary relief.

As IU points out these are because of that change

Also, likely to be new normal in baseball in late August as multiple teams did it today

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'm going to laugh when Justin Steele wins the Cy Young after being told countless times Dylan cease is a better pitcher then him.

It's good, clean fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad