OT: Other Sports 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
LOL @ Willson Contreras going full heel by calling the Cards "the better organization". How does the Cards nuts taste like, WC?

Yes I am salty AF, and yes I want WC to fail so bad.

Reactions: Hakoon

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I’m as big of a Cardinals hater as any, but…. Yeah… the Cards are a massively better run organization. We had a few years on them, but that was the exception and not the rule.

St. Louis still sucks, though. Their organization needs to be good to get players voluntarily living in that dumpstertown.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
f*** the Cubs. This is self inflicted pain. Wilson was a good soldier.
Good but not great hitter. Great arm but a sub par game caller and framer. Loved WC as a Cubs but definitely a bit overrated and the Cards pitchers are going to understand why they Cubs passed on keeping WC.

I don't understand the need to shots at your former team.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Cards are going from Molina to Contreras. The Cubs are going from Contreras to Barnhart.

Wilson is right. The Cards care about winning. The Cubs care about making money.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The point I was trying to make about Willson was that there was no need for that shot at the Cubs about the Cardinals "being a better run organization", which is not even fact just an opinion.

Cubs broke up with him and he is coming off as the bitter ex trying to prove that he is fine by proping up his rebound f**k buddy, the St. Louis Cardinals, as his next great love. Move on, Willson. This is my last post on the subject.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Why say it it all of it is true? Sounds like WC is trying convince himself he made the right choice.

Or he’s just stating the obvious to cater to his new fans? He’s hardly the first player in history to exclaim that his new club is better run than his old club.

This is honestly a nothingburger story.

And again, poll basically any collection of neutral baseball fans outside the Cubs and Cards fandoms, and the results would overwhelmingly say that the Cards are better run than the Cubs. This isn’t a hot take. We’re all Cubs fans mostly in spite of Cubs ownership and management history, not because of it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The point I was trying to make about Willson was that there was no need for that shot at the Cubs about the Cardinals "being a better run organization", which is not even fact just an opinion.

Cubs broke up with him and he is coming off as the bitter ex trying to prove that he is fine by proping up his rebound f**k buddy, the St. Louis Cardinals, as his next great love. Move on, Willson. This is my last post on the subject.
The Cardinals are my second most hated team behind the Blues. They're incredibly well run.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Whatever.

Manny Macahdo just got 11/350 extension from San Diego. Padres BETTER win one in the next 5 years or they will be old, expensive and not good, without much help from their farm.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

As a fellow cubs fan, it’s just not a big deal, or even a little deal. Let it bounce off you.

Reactions: Sarava and Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Embarrassed b by 6-2 and 7-0 )osses...Sox look like they have no pitching.. no hitting and shoddy fielding....wonderful way to start the Grifol era..

Yech!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Mike Clev receiving no punishment from the MLB. Admittedly I don’t know the whole story but didn’t multiple women say he was like that with them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad