OT: Other Sports 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Ja Morant is going to be so jealous

Shawn Kemp is one of the prime examples of someone who could have been legend with talent he had but ended up squandering and eventually throwing away career.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

Ja Morant is going to be so jealous

Shawn Kemp is one of the prime examples of someone who could have been legend with talent he had but ended up squandering and eventually throwing away career.

6 time all star 3 time all nba

The guys body broke down towards the end.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

This Umpire should never call another game

What a disgraceful call

I umpired DI for 19 years. (1999 - 2017) that’s pretty bad and not the norm of course.
It says he made it personal. I’d like to know the circumstances. Why you ask? … I don’t see his manager or base coach out there either defending him or arguing for him.
There is a background here we don’t know about.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I umpired DI for 19 years. (1999 - 2017) that’s pretty bad and not the norm of course.
It says he made it personal. I’d like to know the circumstances. Why you ask? … I don’t see his manager or base coach out there either defending him or arguing for him.

Background doesn't matter in the least.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ve never been in a heated discussion with a player without a coach running in to defend them. From little league to the pros it is very unusual for them to hang the player out.

So while it doesn’t matter to you, something happened.

The clip is how long? You have no idea what happened. You have no idea how the coach reacted. This is a stupid f***ing take. That umpire should be permanently removed from his position. If you weren't happy with the player, kick him out. But your job is to call the game within the rules.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The clip is how long? You have no idea what happened. You have no idea how the coach reacted. This is a stupid f***ing take. That umpire should be permanently removed from his position. If you weren't happy with the player, kick him out. But your job is to call the game within the rules.
Ok

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
The umpire has been suspended.

“After a thorough review of the New Orleans and Mississippi Valley State baseball contest on March 10, 2023, the Southland Conference confirmed the home plate umpire’s conduct and action were deemed detrimental to the Conference and in violation of Section 3 Character and Conduct of the CCA Mechanics Manual for Baseball. As a result, the umpire has been removed from the series and has been suspended indefinitely from Southland Conference baseball games. The conference will have no further comment.”

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

“After a thorough review of the New Orleans and Mississippi Valley State baseball contest on March 10, 2023, the Southland Conference confirmed the home plate umpire’s conduct and action were deemed detrimental to the Conference and in violation of Section 3 Character and Conduct of the CCA Mechanics Manual for Baseball. As a result, the umpire has been removed from the series and has been suspended indefinitely from Southland Conference baseball games. The conference will have no further comment.”
He's suspended because he got caught.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
:28, you clearly see who I'm presuming is the manager in the green windbreaker going across toward where the ump left the screen

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Nice. What should have happened, happened. He'll never ump college ball again. He'll be umping little league for the rest of his life. Too bad the MLB doesn't have the same testicular fortitude.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Time to blow it up.

The Bulls have a mediocre roster and an overrated coach.

Problem of course is the front office is as terrible as ever and clearly has no clue on how to evaluate talent (Especially at draft)

Also, the Bulls went all in on aging vets and the young talent is pretty much worthless or underwhelming.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s shocking to see Illinois get eliminated early in the tourney. That never happens….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad