OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
KC Johnson reporting the bulls intend to pick Florida state small forward Patrick Williams at number 4 provided they don’t move up

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
People on radio complaining about the Chapman trade...”In hindsight I would not have made it” “should have traded Russell instead”

are people that stupid?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chapman solidified Cubs bullpen down stretch that year (Was great) and ended up 2-0 with 4 saves in playoffs

It is idiotic

To me its like people who complain we traded Carlos Lee for Pods + Vizcaino + Hinton. Sure Lee was star for years but without Pods the Sox dont win

He was key piece of 05 team and changing fundamentals of team + Vizcaino was solid arm out of pen

Short term benefit of deal allowed Sox to win title

It was win/win for both sides at end of day

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Chapman solidified Cubs bullpen down stretch that year (Was great) and ended up 2-0 with 4 saves in playoffs

It is idiotic

To me its like people who complain we traded Carlos Lee for Pods + Vizcaino + Hinton. Sure Lee was star for years but without Pods the Sox dont win

He was key piece of 05 team and changing fundamentals of team + Vizcaino was solid arm out of pen

Short term benefit of deal allowed Sox to win title

It was win/win for both sides at end of day

Agreed.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The trade as a whole was successful. But I agree with the argument that the wrong piece was traded (in hindsight)

Who should they have traded instead that NY would have actually taken?

Russell was a big piece to winning the WS as well with his defense. I don’t think they had any other high end prospects at the time that would have gotten the deal done.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
For the Bulls pick I like
1. LaMelo
2. Killian
3. Okongwu
4. Haliburton
5. Vassell

Edwards/Avdija/Williams :thumbd:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
For the Bulls pick I like
1. LaMelo
2. Killian
3. Okongwu
4. Haliburton
5. Vassell

Edwards/Avdija/Williams :thumbd:

I want nothing to do with the Ball family in Chicago. We just got rid of major dysfunction here with GarPax. Why the f*** would we willingly invite it back via that clusterf*** of a family? Amazing player or not, no thanks to that shitshow.

Last edited:

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
I want nothing to do with the Ball family in Chicago. We just got rid of major dysfunction here with GarPax. Why the f*** would we willingly invite it back via that clusterf*** of a family? Amazing player or not, no thanks to that shitshow.
Lavar and his family hasn’t been news in years, I honestly can’t even remember the last time I heard something about Lavar. They mellowed out after Lonzo was traded and the middle son went undrafted.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lavar and his family hasn’t been news in years, I honestly can’t even remember the last time I heard something about Lavar. They mellowed out after Lonzo was traded and the middle son went undrafted.

The family is still a shitshow. You think things won't go nuts again if LaMelo were drafted at #1 by the Bulls trading up for him? They still have an active reality TV show that just premiered its 6th season a month ago. Just google LaVar Ball and see what comes up. Lol. They're like the male Kardashians.

Just one example. The very first thing that pops up from just an hour ago.

LaVar Ball Warns Sons About 'Hoes,' You'll Never Meet a Good Woman During NBA Career

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
EAD27002-22F1-4166-BDE4-7C53763DAD70.jpeg

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I would love LaMelo personally. Marketable as hell, great I.Q. for the game, will instantly be one of the best passers in the NBA, etc.

And is the Cubs "dynasty" officially over now?

Reactions: Rooh

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

He is not even an amazing player worth the headache

He is sub par shooter and his D sucks (If he even bothers to play D most nights)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad