OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As awesome as it is my first thought was the Marlins did it just because they could pay her less.

Hard to know Florida’s motivation even with new ownership
Only thing I can say about the hire is she is well thought of in baseball circles
But she won’t have true roster decision making powers. That will still led by jeter

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Only thing I can say about the hire is she is well thought of in baseball circles
But she won’t have true roster decision making powers. That will still led by jeter

So she's GM in name only...

That's f***ed up, honestly. Makes it come off like a publicity stunt, and not genuine.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
New ownership sold Yelich and Stanton for the price of not having to pay either. No idea how that team made the playoffs. So of course the Cubs lost to them.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So she's GM in name only...

That's f***ed up, honestly. Makes it come off like a publicity stunt, and not genuine.

That’s the report on the gm position for the team. Even the previous gm hill was more of a subordinate
Really no different then Theo and the cubs and quite a few other organizations

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The Sox would have, IMO. The Cubs offense was awful, but that division wasn't very good, so they likely make it also.

If I remember correctly, the WS feasted off Pirates, Royals and Tigers and were not good against everybody else. I'm not sure the Sox make it. At the very least it would 50/50 chance of making it if it was full season.

Cubs would have not have made the playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How was relationship between Russell Westbrook and Donovan?

Westbrook wants out of Houston and even though he is 32 yrs old the Bulls could be potential fit if price is right (Meaning if Houston looks more to move him salary then try and garner big value back)

Bulls certainly could use the PR boost as a franchise and Westbrook addition in short term would provide that as well as make this team viable playoff team in East

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
How was relationship between Russell Westbrook and Donovan?

Westbrook wants out of Houston and even though he is 32 yrs old the Bulls could be potential fit if price is right (Meaning if Houston looks more to move him salary then try and garner big value back)

Bulls certainly could use the PR boost as a franchise and Westbrook addition in short term would provide that as well as make this team viable playoff team in East

Hells naw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad