OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What a pathetic loss by the Rams. I had to make sure Jeff Fisher wasn't coaching them. And good kickers are hard to find...
If Goff isn't moving in the pocket or rolling out, the Rams aren't winning. Some teams went to school on the defensive scheme needed to stop Goff based on what the Patriots did to him in the 2019 Super Bowl.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
If Goff isn't moving in the pocket or rolling out, the Rams aren't winning. Some teams went to school on the defensive scheme needed to stop Goff based on what the Patriots did to him in the 2019 Super Bowl.
Dolphins' head coach was the Pats' D coordinator in that Super Bowl.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dolphins' head coach was the Pats' D coordinator in that Super Bowl.
Indeed he was, and I guess he didn't have to go to school. I think it showed in the loss to San Francisco as well as Goff was only 19 of 38 for 200 yards. When the Rams have a good day on offense Goff has a completion rate of 60% or more.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

If the NBA can pull that off, I wonder if the NHL will try to follow with a similar looking schedule. Keep in mind, when booking team schedules, the leagues are in contact with the building schedulers and there has to be coordination between teams that share arenas.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

If the NBA can pull that off, I wonder if the NHL will try to follow with a similar looking schedule. Keep in mind, when booking team schedules, the leagues are in contact with the building schedulers and there has to be coordination between teams that share arenas.

Awesome, I only hope that the NHL has been draggin their feet because they have been waiting to hear what the NBA is going to do.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
So those Gold Glove awards, I'm biased but I think Bellinger was robbed in center. Of course because you've got Mookie in right, his opportunities shrank, but he still had great defensive numbers. And for as much as everyone was propping Tampa as having ungodly defense, Bellinger and Mookie absolutely highlight reeled the entire playoffs with defensive plays in the outfield. Hell, outside of the Keystone Cops ending of Game 4 of the World series, the Dodgers as a team played great defense.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So those Gold Glove awards, I'm biased but I think Bellinger was robbed in center. Of course because you've got Mookie in right, his opportunities shrank, but he still had great defensive numbers. And for as much as everyone was propping Tampa as having ungodly defense, Bellinger and Mookie absolutely highlight reeled the entire playoffs with defensive plays in the outfield. Hell, outside of the Keystone Cops ending of Game 4 of the World series, the Dodgers as a team played great defense.
Aren't they based on the regular season, like they are in hcokey?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Interesting

Angels had a chance to sign Troy Percival's son, but Cole went to Dodgers instead

Cole Percival was 3½ years old when the Angels won the 2002 World Series. His recollection of the championship celebration and the parade that wound through the streets of Disneyland and Anaheim is blurry.
But between the “Calling All Angels” videoboard montage that airs before every home game and watching replays of the World Series, Percival has relived the highlights of his father’s title-clinching pitch enough times over the last 18 years that he has patched his memory.
“Everybody knows I’m a very big Angels fan,” he said on a recent phone call. “I don’t miss a game.”
If he does miss one in the future, it would be for reasons he didn’t see coming.
Percival, a pitcher like his father, signed with the Dodgers as an undrafted free agent in late September. The team he grew up rooting for — the same team for whom Troy Percival set an all-time record for saves (316), which still stands — never made an overture to put him in an Angels uniform.
Though it remains to be seen whether he will match his dad’s productivity, the younger Percival at least possesses the attributes sought by scouts.
At 6-foot-5 and 220 pounds, he is a little more wiry than the former Angels closer. Otherwise, he’s a near-clone of his father. From the high leg kick to the follow-through, to the occasional 95-mph fastball

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Aren't they based on the regular season, like they are in hcokey?

Yes, Bellinger was a finalist. The entire awards nomination and winners were completely computer generated (SABR Defensive Index) this season as managers and coaches weren't allowed to vote since they didn't see every player in their leagues. The problem is who decides which metric is more valuable than others etc? I was just pointing out the Playoffs performances of Bellinger and Mookie in the field really shone a light on just how good they are patrolling the outfield.

Correct. I think his point was there was a spotlight on those two because of the playoffs and they made incredible plays regularly. Not something you just turn on for the playoffs.

Precisely. They made game winning and series turning plays out there.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A ginger with Covid......He's been through enough.

Indeed, gingers already don't have a soul. We don't need to punish them any further

Dustin May resents these remarks.
corns.gif

Reactions: Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Pac-12 is finally going to kickoff their football season this weekend. About time.

BTW, two pretty good college football games being played tonight:

Miami @ South Carolina (the non-cheating USC)

BYU @ Boise State

Last edited:

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
The Pac-12 is finally going to kickoff their football season this weekend. About time.

BTW, two pretty good college football games being played tonight:

Miami @ South Carolina (the non-cheating USC)

BYU @ Boise State

North Carolina, South Carolina...same difference...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
#4 Notre Dame defeats #1 Clemson 47-40 in 2OT.

Clemson was missing several key performers, but still Notre Dame performed brilliantly. Looking forward to a rematch in the ACC title game.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Maybe today's USC game at Arizona can finally dispel the myth that USC has more talent than any other school in the Pac-12. USC is lucky not to be 0-2. They have a talented corps of wide receivers, but they aren't head and shoulders above other schools in other areas.

As an aside @Herby Michigan football looks like it is broken.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Rams move into a tie with Arizona for first place in NFC West with a 23-16 win over Seattle. Still one game left this season with Seattle, and two games with Arizona.

Seattle has losses to the Rams and Arizona.

Rams 6-3
Arizona 6-3
Seattle 6-3

Whichever team comes in 2nd in the NFC West should be declared champions of the NFC East.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad