OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Furthermore, SoFi Stadium is owned outright by the Rams despite the Chargers also playing there.

The Jets were unhappy as tenants to the Giants in the old Giants Stadium. This ultimately led to MetLife Stadium being a partnership of the teams.

So, if the Chargers end up unhappy as tenants of the Rams, I could see Anaheim building a complex housing new stadiums for the Angels and Chargers, which would return the NFL to Anaheim for the first time since the last Rams season in 1994.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I feel a huge reason Sam Darnold has struggled with the Jets because he never really got used to the change of scenery - New York City is a much different beast than LA, where he spent his entire pre-NFL life, including playing for USC.

The Jets are gravitating towards the #1 pick in the draft next year, which they hope to use on Trevor Lawrence.

This could give Darnold the opportunity to return to LA, as a member of the Chargers. Trust me, homesickness has affected many an athlete over the years. I'm confident that if he joins the Chargers, he will become brilliant again.

Chargers have no need for Darnold. They already have a guy who is on pace to break a number of rookie QB records, and who some analysts are already calling the best rookie QB of all time.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Chargers have no need for Darnold. They already have a guy who is on pace to break a number of rookie QB records, and who some analysts are already calling the best rookie QB of all time.
the Chargers just need a new coach. They have blown way too many way too many leads this year

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I feel a huge reason Sam Darnold has struggled with the Jets because he never really got used to the change of scenery - New York City is a much different beast than LA, where he spent his entire pre-NFL life, including playing for USC.

The Jets are gravitating towards the #1 pick in the draft next year, which they hope to use on Trevor Lawrence.

This could give Darnold the opportunity to return to LA, as a member of the Chargers. Trust me, homesickness has affected many an athlete over the years. I'm confident that if he joins the Chargers, he will become brilliant again.

I’m sorry - you think going from the second largest city to the largest city is too big a change of scenery? Like a lot of USC QBs before him, Darnold just isnt a very good NFL QB.

And if he goes to the Chargers he’d be third on the depth chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schrute farms

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I’m sorry - you think going from the second largest city to the largest city is too big a change of scenery? Like a lot of USC QBs before him, Bradford just isnt a very good NFL QB.

Yeah. I was hopeful for Josh Rosen, too. Shit happens. The NFL is a tough, tough league.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah. I was hopeful for Josh Rosen, too. Shit happens. The NFL is a tough, tough league.

Yeah, there’s like 20 guys in the world who excel at being an NFL QB1 at any given time, tops. Rosen obviously is also not good enough to be one. Just a massive LOL that a QB from an LA school can’t cut it in New York because he’s “homesick,” then suggesting he’d he brilliant on a team that already has two guys - including a rookie - that are way better than him.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I’m sorry - you think going from the second largest city to the largest city is too big a change of scenery? Like a lot of USC QBs before him, Darnold just isnt a very good NFL QB.

Palmer was the best QB USC produced in the last 20 years. Still too bad about that knee injury when he was leading the Bengals. They coulda gone deep that year.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
the Chargers just need a new coach. They have blown way too many way too many leads this year
The clock management this season has been poor. I see the Chargers waste quite a few timeouts.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's looking like another Clemson vs Alabama national championship game in college football this season.

Notre Dame is getting worked by Clemson today, and Ohio State looked very shaky in their win against Northwestern.

Cincinnati and Texas A&M have some long shot possibilities as semifinalists.

I think the games we will actually see in the semifinals will be:

Clemson vs Ohio State
Notre Dame vs Alabama

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't think that's the reason why. I think it has more to do with the organization he went to: The Jets.

It's probably the poorest run franchise in the league. I can't imagine any rookie QB going to that situation and doing well.

I bet if any one of Baker, Allen or Jackson went to the Jets they'd be struggling right now too.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just announced the Rose Bowl (and college football semifinal) is being moved to AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

The CFP committee and potential teams involved requested a waiver from local health officials to allow families of the players to attend the game.

Southern California health officials said, "No." CFP and the potential teams said "We're outta here.", and moved the game to Arlington.

It's unclear if the game in Arlington will be called the Rose Bowl. Who cares?

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You know nothing John Snow smh
For the watch!

main-qimg-8e687588084d38931534649e16f31423.webp

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I will start with the easiest point to refute. Yes, Texas will likely allow fans into the stadium up to a certain percentage of its capacity. No, the number of fans inside the stadium will not be a significant source of revenue for college football. People will have the ability to maintain their distance from others. People who feel the risk is too great should stay the hell away.

The game was moved, because the schools in the playoffs wanted the players' families to be able to attend the game in person. That was the primary reason. California, and in particular certain counties in the state have shown they cannot be trusted to not change the rules with little to no notice. There won't be a bowl game in Pasadena this season. The public health officials got their wish.

As for the part of the article which calls the season a sham. Well, it was a sham in the Pac-12 and the Big-10. The ACC, SEC, and Big 12 did a remarkable job of playing meaningful seasons without any dire consequences. The Pac-12 is now a joke thanks to the way they handled the situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad