OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Unreal! I can't believe it. This year is so strange it really does feel like a dream to have a Dodgers Championship!

Urias was absolutely guts there at the end, my god. Every one of those Rays was completely flabbergasted by him.

I think everyone was happy not to see Jensen in the 9th. Roberts didn't overthink the game for a change.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Shortened season or not, the Dodgers were clearly the best team this year. So happy for the guys, especially Kershaw. Couldn't happen to a better guy. And happy for Roberts too. After all the shit he's taken, some of it very much derserved, he still got it done.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I believe May and Gonsolin are going to be very good too. They're rookies and maybe the stage was too big for them, but they had great numbers during the regular season with a much larger sample size. Their control the whole playoffs was much wilder than normal. Way more walks than usual. Hopefully next playoffs they're multi-inning starters with more defined roles. I have faith in them. Once they started calling pitches for May to not get cute with breaking stuff and just throw his high movement heat, they couldn't hit him. Will Smith has a lot of potential at catcher, but he doesn't call a game anywhere close to Barnes. He made some bad decisions on pitches called, but he's also young and I think he'll improve in that regard as well. Anyway, future is looking incredibly bright.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I believe May and Gonsolin are going to be very good too. They're rookies and maybe the stage was too big for them, but they had great numbers during the regular season with a much larger sample size.
And Gonsolin has great taste in shirts

86d11e9da811256168a250a7ccc65d16-original.jpg

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I believe May and Gonsolin are going to be very good too. They're rookies and maybe the stage was too big for them, but they had great numbers during the regular season with a much larger sample size. Their control the whole playoffs was much wilder than normal. Way more walks than usual. Hopefully next playoffs they're multi-inning starters with more defined roles. I have faith in them. Once they started calling pitches for May to not get cute with breaking stuff and just throw his high movement heat, they couldn't hit him. Will Smith has a lot of potential at catcher, but he doesn't call a game anywhere close to Barnes. He made some bad decisions on pitches called, but he's also young and I think he'll improve in that regard as well. Anyway, future is looking incredibly bright.

Dustin May's stuff is filthy. He showed what he had in Game 5 after they fixed a couple of things. The way his ball moves at 100+ is rare. They Dodgers have a legit 1-2-3.

I think Smith is what he is which is a good but not great player. Ruiz has a massive ceiling and once he gets acclimated, I think he jumps Smith. The best of the bunch could be Cartaya who is ridiculously good but is just 18.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
He did have some great outings in the playoffs where he looked like his old self, but I'm glad Roberts stayed with the hot hand in Urias.

Graterol seems to be the future at Closer once he gets a bit more dialed in. His stuff can still be barreled when he doesn't hit his spots or it comes in flat. There have been some rumors that the Dodgers may make a play for Liam Hendriks. I don't see it though. It doesn't fit Friedman's gameplan. I could see them fixing the middle of their pen rather than go big money on a closer since Closers break a lot. I think Treinen will get a bigger deal somewhere else after proving himself this year.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Dustin May's stuff is filthy. He showed what he had in Game 5 after they fixed a couple of things. The way his ball moves at 100+ is rare. They Dodgers have a legit 1-2-3.

I think Smith is what he is which is a good but not great player. Ruiz has a massive ceiling and once he gets acclimated, I think he jumps Smith. The best of the bunch could be Cartaya who is ridiculously good but is just 18.

Buehler
Kershaw
Urias
Price
May
Gonsolin

In the wings:
Josiah Gray
Mitch White

Lookin good for a while here.

Status
Not open for further replies.