OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
or Frank Zappa's.
Or Inigo Montoya!

inigo.jpg

Reactions: 21Dog and KINGS17

HowDareYou

Oct 20, 2016
Can someone break down the Dodgers core for me? The untouchables etc? Curious, been a semi fan since the Kevin brown / Raul mondesi era but i never really keep up with the Dodgers over the years

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Can someone break down the Dodgers core for me? The untouchables etc? Curious, been a semi fan since the Kevin brown / Raul mondesi era but i never really keep up with the Dodgers over the years
The last few years have been frustrating, but it has been fun watching them build this team

Ill do my best, but just do the batters.

This was their Game 6 line up
  1. RF Mookie Betts (RHB) - Acquired in a Trade with Boston this offseason.
  2. SS Corey Seager (LHB)- Homegrown, 2016 ROY. Was hurt last year, made up for it this year
  3. 3B Justin Turner (RHB)- The Dodgers grabbed him off the scrap heap and their coaching and hard work on his part and they have a star
  4. 1B Max Muncy (LHB)- another guy they grabbed off the scrap heap and fixed
  5. DH Will Smith (RHB)- Future catcher, great hitter, not the defensive catcher that Barnes is
  6. CF Cody Bellinger (LHB)-Homegrown 2017 ROY , 2019 MVP
  7. 2B Chris Taylor (RHB)- they traded for him and made him better like Muncy and Turner
  8. LF A.J. Pollock (RHB) - one of their rare UFA signings
  9. C Austin Barnes (RHB)- Dodgers traded for him and helped devloped him. Smith might take his job though
Bench

Kike' Hernandez- The bench player with it all. Great clutch hitter and defensive player. He was acquired along with Barnes in a trade

Joc Peterson- homegrown. Deadly bat, not an everyday starter because he can't hit lefties

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
At the half, Boston College 28, Clemson 13.

Could be the first big COVID upset of the season with Lawrence out for Clemson.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We’ve probably seen the last of Joc and Kike in Dodgers unis, sadly. Especially Joc, who is always so good in October. Here’s a good primer for looking forward:

Resetting the 40-man for the 2020 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers - Dodgers Digest

I feel like Kike is a huge part of the culture in the Dodgers’ clubhouse and I hope he stays. That’s one of those things that can tear teams apart sometimes. I think that’s what started happening after 2014 for the Kings, too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I feel like Kike is a huge part of the culture in the Dodgers’ clubhouse and I hope he stays. That’s one of those things that can tear teams apart sometimes. I think that’s what started happening after 2014 for the Kings, too.

I tend to agree. But it's gotta be tough on him because he really should be an everyday player. I hope he stays.

I think Joc is gone since he was traded already anyway, lol, unfortunately. Of COURSE I hope Joc stays but they just don't have room for everyone.

I'll assume JT is staying.

The pitchers, I can't really give much of a hoot about. Baez McKee are a dime a dozen. Treinen seems to have redeemed himself a bit so he'll get paid by someone else. Wood--he's flashed brilliance, but I'm ambivalent. I think it really depends who they want to go after, since there's already Kershaw-Price-Buehler-May-Gonsolin-Urias as well as the relievers that were crushing it in the playoffs like Gonzalez and Graterol.

There's a lot of youth pushing to make it too, but I'm starting to wonder which will be trade bait and who actually steals positions, like Lux who hasn't shown much and Ruiz, Beaty (who I presume will start taking spots in 2021-2022 if guys start to fade).

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I tend to agree. But it's gotta be tough on him because he really should be an everyday player. I hope he stays.

I think Joc is gone since he was traded already anyway, lol, unfortunately. Of COURSE I hope Joc stays but they just don't have room for everyone.

I'll assume JT is staying.

The pitchers, I can't really give much of a hoot about. Baez McKee are a dime a dozen. Treinen seems to have redeemed himself a bit so he'll get paid by someone else. Wood--he's flashed brilliance, but I'm ambivalent. I think it really depends who they want to go after, since there's already Kershaw-Price-Buehler-Wood-Gonsolin-Urias as well as the relievers that were crushing it in the playoffs like Gonzalez and Graterol.

There's a lot of youth pushing to make it too, but I'm starting to wonder which will be trade bait and who actually steals positions, like Lux who hasn't shown much and Ruiz, Beaty (who I presume will start taking spots in 2021-2022 if guys start to fade).

Yeah I tend to agree. Of all those names, the only three I really care about are Joc, Kike, and Turner. I think Joc will be gone, but I’d be really bummed to see Kike and Turner leave. Turner has a spot for the foreseeable future, but with Lux coming I just don’t see a path to prolonged playing time for Kike.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Does an NFL team ever win a game when their QB is intercepted by a defensive lineman? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad