OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Bengals vs Chiefs should be a good one next week.

49ers vs Eagles, not quite as good.

Looks like a Bengals vs Eagles Super Bowl to me, but I wouldn't take it to the bank.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Well this sucks! Translation, I wanted more money than the Dodgers are worth and not a penny more. You really think your team is worth more than the Dodgers? You have a mediocre crappy team at best, that hasn't won in 20 years.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015

Well this sucks! Translation, I wanted more money than the Dodgers are worth and not a penny more. You really think your team is worth more than the Dodgers? You have a mediocre crappy team at best, that hasn't won in 20 years.

I think there is too much uncertainty with Shohei. No ownership group wants to be a part of letting that type of superstar leave the team. That uncertainty also affects the price I am sure, so it behooves Arte to hold onto the team until that situation is resolved.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I think there is too much uncertainty with Shohei. No ownership group wants to be a part of letting that type of superstar leave the team. That uncertainty also affects the price I am sure, so it behooves Arte to hold onto the team until that situation is resolved.
There's also lawsuits with the Skaggs family and the city of Anaheim looming. All of which makes selling the franchise complicated. That, and Arte is an egomaniac that can't get out of his own way.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Bye bye Ohtani!!! What a sad organization.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
There's also lawsuits with the Skaggs family and the city of Anaheim looming. All of which makes selling the franchise complicated. That, and Arte is an egomaniac that can't get out of his own way.

Why do i get the feeling this was all a PR stunt? Like he had no intention to do it and wanted the spotlight for a while.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Fred Roggin's last day is tonight.
I went to high school with Fred's younger brother. I remember when Fred was just starting out and was doing remotes for the local NBC affiliate in Phoenix. He was assigned to do the the Phoenix Division Baseball Playoffs during his first year and showed up to do a remote spot right before a game in which we were playing We all gave him shit about how he looked with his makeup.

I give Fred credit. He busted his ass in Phoenix and made it to the big time. He was a pretty good guy back then.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It really is amazing that a group of fans that benefitted from the worst and most blatant display of referee fixing of all-time and arrogantly denied it, are now 20 years later flooding social media with comments about referees and the league “hating” their team because of one missed call at the end of a regulation game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad