OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
OK Charter Communications co-owns two of LA's RSNs, one with the Dodgers and the other with the Lakers.

I've proposed that Charter buys a 51% controlling stake in Paramount Global, which although headquartered in NYC has significant operations in greater LA, including the film studio for which the company is named, Paramount Pictures.

Charter/Spectrum's regional news and sports networks would be integrated into the CBS Entertainment Group and rebranded under the CBS name.

To gain full ownership of the LA RSNs I could see Paramount Global acquiring both the Dodgers and Lakers, also making both teams' games not already on national TV available on Paramount+ with blackout restrictions.

Paramount Pictures could also take over naming rights to the field at Dodger Stadium, making its official name Paramount Field at Dodger Stadium, as well as the court at Crypto.com Arena, which becomes Paramount Court at Crypto.com Arena.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Wow. There’s been some epic blown games by teams late this bowl season. But that one by the Trojans takes the cake. Yikes for them. But that’s Lincoln Riley - no D in that name that’s for sure.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Go Tulane!! Do it for Dean!!

FUSC!

haha! Yeah, they earned this loss. Giving up 16 points in 4 minutes, including a safety that ended up being the difference. ball on the 1 , shotgun formation, hand the ball off 7 yards deep, and only get 3 yards. First bowl win for Tulane since 1934 . :laugh:

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 6.51.06 PM.png

Reactions: KINGS17

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That's three big games USC let go with lackadaisical defense and they almost blew several others for the same reason. They need to address that or they will have another disappointing season.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
That's three big games USC let go with lackadaisical defense and they almost blew several others for the same reason. They need to address that or they will have another disappointing season.
Almost impossible to keep Grinch around with the reaction to this game from former players and even USC beat writers. Do what you can to get a Jimmy Lake/Jim Leonhard in the fold.

As bad as Clay left the defense in terms of depth/talent, the scheme and coaching decisions did not work.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Thank god the Rams season is over!

If there ever was a game when you thought the NFL wanted one team in the playoff, this was it. The last 3 penalties on the Rams gave Seattle the game. The roughing the punter was pathetic in the 4th. The guy punts, no contact , comes down clean with both feet and his o-lineman pushes the ram guy up against him and he falls down . I've seen more contact walking into a restroom than that. Then they lose in OT when Mayfield underthrows his guy and it picked off which would've been a sure td if he had not put so much air under it. To top things off, the db who gets the INT taunts the entire Rams sideline and nothing is called. . Perfect way to end the season. They Rams need a lot of work.

Reactions: 21Dog and Choralone

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

If there ever was a game when you thought the NFL wanted one team in the playoff, this was it. The last 3 penalties on the Rams gave Seattle the game. The roughing the punter was pathetic in the 4th. The guy punts, no contact , comes down clean with both feet and his o-lineman pushes the ram guy up against him and he falls down . I've seen more contact walking into a restroom than that. Then they lose in OT when Mayfield underthrows his guy and it picked off which would've been a sure td if he had not put so much air under it. To top things off, the db who gets the INT taunts the entire Rams sideline and nothing is called. . Perfect way to end the season. They Rams need a lot of work.
Let it all out, I feel your pain brother. I don't watch football anymore like I use to, but I do wish the Rams made the playoffs. Too many injuries did them in. Sad especially after a super bowl win. I was listening to the post game show on the radio and they mentioned McVay may not be back, which is crazy thought he'd hang around a bit longer.

Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Let it all out, I feel your pain brother. I don't watch football anymore like I use to, but I do wish the Rams made the playoffs. Too many injuries did them in. Sad especially after a super bowl win. I was listening to the post game show on the radio and they mentioned McVay may not be back, which is crazy thought he'd hang around a bit longer.

I did. i feel much better. :laugh:
:thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: ru4reals

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

The Rams were a team built for the one Super Bowl run. If Coach Penn was their coach, he would quit. "I can't coach a team without a future, Sonny."

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The national title game was a literal mess tonight on and off the field. Sofi was flooding all over the place and multiple people were injured with a constant parade of stretchers being brought in. TCU lost 65-7.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
Chargers.
it's simply amazing year after year (even with different players, coaches, etc.) for decades now how this franchise finds new ways to lose games that they have in the bag. It's uncanny their ability as a franchise to do so. Things change all around them/us, but not the end result for the Chargers. I wonder if San Diego even misses them much.

Reactions: 21Dog and johnjm22

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
My wife watched Rams games exclusively last year, but this year she watched a lot of Chargers games and was cheering for them. I warned her.

I went to my first NFL game in decades this year because my brother was visiting, and it was the Chargers vs Jaguars game from earlier in the season. The Jaguars kicked the shit out of them.

That game yesterday was the most Chargers game ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
it's simply amazing year after year (even with different players, coaches, etc.) for decades now how this franchise finds new ways to lose games that they have in the bag. It's uncanny their ability as a franchise to do so. Things change all around them/us, but not the end result for the Chargers. I wonder if San Diego even misses them much.

that penalty to get the jags in position for the two pointer was comical. The dude was held pretty bad, then the penalty afterwards was worse.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Of course they miss them. Playoff losses are always better than no team to root for if you love the sport.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
More time was spent talking about Brady's future than the Cowboys win. :laugh:
It was the same last year too when the Rams beat him. He was horrible last night -- it was glorious (even if it meant a Cowboy win).
BTW, how in the world does Brady not get called for a penalty on that illegal soccer tackle attempt? And how did TV/media not focus on that chicken shet attempt? Spoiled brat Brady not getting what he wants. Yell some more at others Tommy Boy while your play sucks.

Reactions: ru4reals

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3