Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Starting to get nervous that no official report has come out, for those of you who only follow baseball casually, Orioles owner Peter Angelos is famous for pulling the plug on these deals late in the game.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

This is what I was talking about, happens every time.

EDIT: So far no reputable source has backed this up, who really knows.

Last edited:

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
If some of these Halos prospects graduate, Canning, Adell, Ward etc, they may have a team before 2020 and Trout's contract is up. Fletcher is intriguing, and of course Shohei (tho, i wish they just bit the bullet and did TJS)

Eppler needs to repair the bullpen.

And he needs carte blanche these winter meetings with players like Arenado and Machado available, Wouldn't mind a run at Kershaw, either.

Arte needs to eat Pujols' salary. He got his 1.5B FoxSports deal. Time to eat the contract of the 42 year old and build around Trout, and not destroy his legacy any further.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
So how long until Puig is traded?

Don't really need to, he's on the last year of his deal and currently on the DL, might as well keep him for another WS run. If they need to shed salary to bring in another piece Forsythe is the guy to move.

That being said, I don't frequent bfboards.com, so I won't pretend to be an expert on the intricacies of managing a baseball club.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Don't really need to, he's on the last year of his deal and currently on the DL, might as well keep him for another WS run. If they need to shed salary to bring in another piece Forsythe is the guy to move.

That being said, I don't frequent bfboards.com, so I won't pretend to be an expert on the intricacies of managing a baseball club.

The Dodgers need to trade an outfielder not for salary reasons. They need to make room to keep Hernandez, taylor and bellinger in the lineup once Turner is back. With the emergence of muncy, they can move Forsythe along with Puig and Pederson for pitching help.

They have toles and verdugo in case of injury. They have so much flexibility having guys that can play so many positions they really are covered everywhere that they can move 3 roster players and still have plenty of guys for every position...

Hell they even have farmer in AAA ball that can play multiple positions too.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Yeah. There was a perennial rumor that the Angels were going to fire Scioscia and the Dodgers would bring him in. Still waiting for it to happen.

Seeing Scioscia still manage the Angels is just a daily reminder of my high school days and I'm 31. Geez, they've held onto him for this long. His 2002 championship and 5 division titles in the 2000s have saved his job. That just shows you the low standards of this franchise.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Seeing Scioscia still manage the Angels is just a daily reminder of my high school days and I'm 31. Geez, they've held onto him for this long. His 2002 championship and 5 division titles in the 2000s have saved his job. That just shows you the low standards of this franchise.

All Arte sees is that Championship with Scioscia, not the terrible job at managing the team since. Every GM that has requested him being fire has been fired. The Angels GM has so little power with the team it's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad