Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It’s a good thing the Kings didn’t sign Tavares. His signing news would’ve been buried by the LeBron signing with the Lakers

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
This era of Lakers basketball is officially over.

0004087_now-this-is-going-to-be-fun-the-la-lakers.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

nick-young-3-point-miss.jpg

azb0lc5jowqz.jpg

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
So, did LeBron just ensure his streak of Finals appearances ends next season? With Kawhi & LBJ are the Lakers the favorites? Or, still GSW?
With Kawhi (hypothetically) playing for the Lake, GS is no longer a sure bet.

Had Bron and Kawhi gone to Pop, GS would be changing their diapers. Still, GS just saw their competion in the West get stronger

Last edited:

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I love how everyone is like "showtimes back baby!". Guess what, it's a loooooong way from that.
It’s one more max contract away from that. Don’t act like the nba ain’t rigged and want a winner in Lake town. Lakers taking out GS with Bron and Kawhi, say, is a wet dream for Silver et al

Feb 24, 2017
Benning signed 3 fourth liners today for 8 mill and term. I need more to watch than just the terrible hockey team I will follow next year. I really like this LeBron in Lakers colours thing. This may cause me to watch basketball for the first time since Shawn Kemp wore green and yellow and only had a couple kids.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The only thing that would be interesting about the Los Angeles LeBrons is whether or not it will make people forget the Los Angeles Kobes.

Lakers trying to buy their way back into relevance. What else is new?

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
The only thing that would be interesting about the Los Angeles LeBrons is whether or not it will make people forget the Los Angeles Kobes.

Lakers trying to buy their way back into relevance. What else is new?

It's the same with baseball or any other league without hard salary caps. You see the same teams throwing $ around year after year. Wealthier teams can spend whatever they want to pay for top-flight talent.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
With Kawhi (hypothetically) playing for the Lake, GS is no longer a sure bet. Had Bron and Kawhi gone to Pop, GS would be changing their diapers. Still, GS just saw their competion in the West get stronger
Agreed. Glad to see another knowledgeable fan in here. I've been a fan since 1975. Las Vegas had the Lakers tied with the Celtics as the 2nd favorite yesterday to win it all and the Lakers added a good pass first PG who averaged 8.2 APG last season today. LA native Kawhi, Butler, Draymond, and Klay are free agents after this coming season and Cousins is one right now. They're gonna add another top player between now and the start of the 19-20 season and they will be one of the favorites to win it all in the 19-20 season. All the expert agree.

Reactions: King Trouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Agreed. Glad to see another knowledgeable fan in here. I've been a fan since 1975. Las Vegas had the Lakers tied with the Celtics as the 2nd favorite yesterday to win it all and the Lakers added a good pass first PG who averaged 8.2 APG last season today. LA native Kawhi, Butler, Draymond, and Klay are free agents after this coming season and Cousins is one right now. They're gonna add another top player between now and the start of the 19-20 season and they will be one of the favorites to win it all in the 19-20 season. All the expert agree.
You get a Like just for calling me knowledgeable, amigo! :)

If Klay opts out of GS when his contract is done, I would love to see him in LA. Just to give the sport more parity and make basketball relevant again in LA. Bron kinda does that (more in the relevancy department than the parity dept.), but a player like Klay or Kawhi would push the Lakers into contenders. I'm a passive fan, but I love sports, and I would love to see the Lakers competitive again.

And please, never hesitate to call me knowledgable. :)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Someone else had it right. Can the Los Angeles LeBron's beat the Golden State Steph's? The bigger question, who cares?

The NBA is the least competitive league in professional sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad