Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
The video and face of he kid top right is hilarious. When they're done he's like "Phew. Glad that's over. Now mom/dad will still think I like girls."

Honestly though, when have you even seen one of those pictures turn out well...and I'm including Tip-a-King and things like that. That's why I don't take photos like those. That, and to be perfectly honest, it's pretty funny to watch their faces when they ask "Do you want to take a picture with us?" and the answer is "No thanks." The promo girls faces are priceless. They literally go from happy to sad.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
They say "Stop the Hate" but then I see images like this

il_570xN.1113109962_8d1s.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
There are a ton of Kings/Angels fans. Quite a bit more than Ducks/Dodgers.

I am in my mid 30’s born and raised in OC, most of the people I knew that were my age and older who followed sports it was Lakers/Angels/Kings/Rams. Yes there was some changes when the Ducks joined and Rams left, but I think anyone who had a serious allegiances stuck with what they liked.

Angels fans are pretty bad, I admit. It might be one of the most clueless fan bases in the country and second in SoCal behind the Lakers. But the reality is there was no vitriol from Dodger fans until the Angels started winning more last decade and then added the LA to the name (which was incredibly stupid). I think more venom has also been thrown our way since the Giants were so dominant this decade that it’s becoming harder and harder to wage war online with them, similar to the Sharks with the Kings.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

I am in my mid 30’s born and raised in OC, most of the people I knew that were my age and older who followed sports it was Lakers/Angels/Kings/Rams. Yes there was some changes when the Ducks joined and Rams left, but I think anyone who had a serious allegiances stuck with what they liked.

Angels fans are pretty bad, I admit. It might be one of the most clueless fan bases in the country and second in SoCal behind the Lakers. But the reality is there was no vitriol from Dodger fans until the Angels started winning more last decade and then added the LA to the name (which was incredibly stupid). I think more venom has also been thrown our way since the Giants were so dominant this decade that it’s becoming harder and harder to wage war online with them, similar to the Sharks with the Kings.

You don't have to apologize in any way. You're good.

Ducks/Dodger fans are almost non-existant. I actually don't know anyone who like both teams. I visit the Ducks boards and no one talks about the Dodgers in their off-topic thread. And if you made an OT Official Dodgers thread there, the only reply you'd get is "Go Angels".

Sydney Cosby

Apr 13, 2016

As a Dodgers fan, me and every Dodgers fan I knew were ecstatic that they beat the Giants.
From where I sit, the vitrol is because of the New Angels fanbase than anything else. There were plenty of periods where the Angels outperformed the Dodgers since 1988. that is nothing new.
California and Anaheim Angels fans used to be more like Clippers fans back where Sterling owned them, fiercely loyal very knowledgeable about the sport and diehard fans.

Winning brought in an element of idiots in to the fanbase. The Arte Moreno Angels fan now reminds me of the other hockey fanbase in SoCal. I actually had angels fans come up to me after he bought the team and say things like "Did your owner lower beer prices??" No, because you suck"
This element sees opposing fans and scream "you suck" but can't tell you anything about the sport or even compare rosters. They think since they have Trout, he is better than the entire rest of the Dodgers roster combined.
One world series 15 years ago turned the vast majority of that fanbase from one of the best in baseball to one of the most whiny and entitled. There are still some very very good Angels fans out there, but they are unfortunately overshadowed by the Real Housewives Crowd.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
As a Dodgers fan, me and every Dodgers fan I knew were ecstatic that they beat the Giants.
From where I sit, the vitrol is because of the New Angels fanbase than anything else. There were plenty of periods where the Angels outperformed the Dodgers since 1988. that is nothing new.
California and Anaheim Angels fans used to be more like Clippers fans back where Sterling owned them, fiercely loyal very knowledgeable about the sport and diehard fans.

Winning brought in an element of idiots in to the fanbase. The Arte Moreno Angels fan now reminds me of the other hockey fanbase in SoCal. I actually had angels fans come up to me after he bought the team and say things like "Did your owner lower beer prices??" No, because you suck"
This element sees opposing fans and scream "you suck" but can't tell you anything about the sport or even compare rosters. They think since they have Trout, he is better than the entire rest of the Dodgers roster combined.
One world series 15 years ago turned the vast majority of that fanbase from one of the best in baseball to one of the most whiny and entitled. There are still some very very good Angels fans out there, but they are unfortunately overshadowed by the Real Housewives Crowd.

I agree with almost all of this.

Reactions: Sydney Cosby

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I was raised an Angels fan, my dad and Grandfather were Angels fans during the PCL days playing at Wrigley field. I grew to like the Dodgers but Angels are always my number 1 team.

Reactions: King Trouty

Winger23

May 3, 2007
For real, bro?

Not seeing it anywhere, my boi. All I've heard all morning is Phillies.

More and more are reporting it is the dodgers for only minor league prospects. If they want to keep muncy and bellinger in the lineup they need to trade an outfielder for some bullpen help. I'd try to unload Puig and or Pederson and go with an outfield of Kemp hernandez and bellinger, with toles as the 4th....

Taylor and hernandez gives them so much flexibility being able to play anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad