OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
CA
With the new stadium looming Rams are in win now mode. If they move into a new stadium being a last place team LA fans will not pay the amount the Rams plan on charging-which is a lot.

Reactions: Lt Dan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Rams give up two 1st round picks for Jalen Ramsey. That's a huge price in the NFL.

Can't say I like the deal for the Rams. Defense hasn't been the problem.

This deal will haunt the Rams for a long time in my opinion for a player who might be just a rental. How are they even going to pay him. Do they even have the money? Dayem that is a steep price to pay. Injuries are piling up and the O line is getting older and injured Goff is going to get eatin alive.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Friedman is actually a real good talent evaluator and has a good developmental staff. The way they developed Turner, Muncy, Hernandez etc.

The only issue I have is he’s keeping Dave Roberts for whatever reason. Kershaw I can understand why he kept him, because that was an ownership decision. Most star players that are traded or let go is because of ownership.

Look at AEG, they kept the same guys around for awhile to continue milking the Stanley cup cow. Still do.

The Dodgers have had a long history of being able to develop players long before friedman was around. His trade deadline deals have done nothing worth while. What's the point in having a very deep farm system if you dont use it to strengthen need?

Bringing back Roberts alone should be enough to get rid of him. If hes that good with talent change his role in the organization.

As far as AEG milking the cup cow, dodgers havent won since 1988. What exactly are they milking? I guarantee you attendance would not have dropped at all if they didnt keep kershaw around. 3 years now they have great regular seasons but have been out managed on the field and the front office. Sure glad we had Darvish instead of verlander eh.

Reactions: kings11

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The Dodgers have had a long history of being able to develop players long before friedman was around. His trade deadline deals have done nothing worth while. What's the point in having a very deep farm system if you dont use it to strengthen need?

Bringing back Roberts alone should be enough to get rid of him. If hes that good with talent change his role in the organization.

As far as AEG milking the cup cow, dodgers havent won since 1988. What exactly are they milking? I guarantee you attendance would not have dropped at all if they didnt keep kershaw around. 3 years now they have great regular seasons but have been out managed on the field and the front office. Sure glad we had Darvish instead of verlander eh.
The funny thing about Verlander is how often the Dodgers get criticized for having such a big payroll, yet they got stingy in FA and the trade deadline. The Dodgers, however, seem to be really big on buying everyone else's bad contracts for some reason.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The funny thing about Verlander is how often the Dodgers get criticized for having such a big payroll, yet they got stingy in FA and the trade deadline. The Dodgers, however, seem to be really big on buying everyone else's bad contracts for some reason.
I guess the question is, what was Detroit asking for him. The Dodgers have refused to give up certain players and sometimes trades are "it's this guy or no"

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I guess the question is, what was Detroit asking for him. The Dodgers have refused to give up certain players and sometimes trades are "it's this guy or no"

Yeah, despite how this postseason went, MORE than glad we held on to May, Lux, Gonsolin, Ruiz, et. al.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
And who could have imagined Verlander would still be this dominant at his age.

BTW want to talk about miserable, the Tigers were the worst team in MLB this season and will possibly have to watch their two former pitchers go at it in Game 1 of the WS.

On the Rams, who is managing the cap for them? Reminds me of the Kings in the middle of the decade. Rams using $75m in cap space on Goff, Gurley and Cooks for next season. Donald pushes that to over $100m but unlike the other three he will be worth every dime. But assuming Ramsey becomes the highest paid corner in the NFL at $16-17m that is just an insane amount of money to pay five players.

My guess is the Rams go for it this year and next and then completely blow it up after 2020, and that possibly means trading Donald to try and recoup some of this draft capital they have given away the last couple of years.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Rams give up two 1st round picks for Jalen Ramsey. That's a huge price in the NFL.

Can't say I like the deal for the Rams. Defense hasn't been the problem.

Yeah. Without an extension, he just becomes an expensive rental. The Rams are banking on drafting in the low 20 /30's I guess.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
And who could have imagined Verlander would still be this dominant at his age.

BTW want to talk about miserable, the Tigers were the worst team in MLB this season and will possibly have to watch their two former pitchers go at it in Game 1 of the WS.

On the Rams, who is managing the cap for them? Reminds me of the Kings in the middle of the decade. Rams using $75m in cap space on Goff, Gurley and Cooks for next season. Donald pushes that to over $100m but unlike the other three he will be worth every dime. But assuming Ramsey becomes the highest paid corner in the NFL at $16-17m that is just an insane amount of money to pay five players.

My guess is the Rams go for it this year and next and then completely blow it up after 2020, and that possibly means trading Donald to try and recoup some of this draft capital they have given away the last couple of years.

Rams will soon have to deal with Kupp as well who will be coming off his rookie deal. He's their best offensive weapon.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
College football is great because it's so unpredictable. The young players make mistakes, a lot of them. Sometimes mind-baffling mistakes. Just get on the ground and go to OT buddy. Kansas kicked the game winning field goal on the next play.

An Ohio State vs LSU game for the national championship would be really good.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
In honor of the World Series, here's an oldie but a goodie. This at bat had everything: Reggie Jackson screwing himself into the ground on every swing, a little chin music, then finally a little Blue Bayou (blew-by-you) courtesy of Bob Welch. Jackson would get his revenge in game six when he hit a two-run homer off Bob Welch.

Reactions: 21Dog

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lol

The Nats won it all. The sting isn't as bad. It really would have hurt it the Cards swept the nationals

I was going to say I don't know if it feels better or worse to have had them on the ropes in game 7, but you're right, the boldfaced would have been much much worse.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
In honor of the World Series, here's an oldie but a goodie. This at bat had everything: Reggie Jackson screwing himself into the ground on every swing, a little chin music, then finally a little Blue Bayou (blew-by-you) courtesy of Bob Welch. Jackson would get his revenge in game six when he hit a two-run homer off Bob Welch.

Reggie was the best. I remember going to Angels games as a kid and Reggie coming up in the 9th. You knew it was going to be one of two things-a homer or a strikeout- Either way it was still exciting.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Reggie was the best. I remember going to Angels games as a kid and Reggie coming up in the 9th. You knew it was going to be one of two things-a homer or a strikeout- Either way it was still exciting.
Yeah, I lived in Buena Park during that time and Angel stadium was easy to get in and out of, and I think cheap seats were only $4-$5.

The Angels had an older club, but interesting lineup.]

C - Boone
1B - Carew
2B - Grich
SS - Burleson
3B - DeCinces
LF - Downing
CF - Pettis
RF - Jackson
DH - Baylor

They weren't pretty to watch on defense, and Pettis was the only base stealing threat, but man that lineup could hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad