OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Also, regardless of the pitching match-up, how the hell do you pull Joc for a guy who's struck out 10 times in 12 ABs? The late game decision-making was wild tonight.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Some great college football on tap for today. What are the Kings doing again?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Rams offense is struggling today and has been all season long.

Surprisingly, the Jets are all over the Cowboys in the first half.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Rams offense is struggling today and has been all season long.

Surprisingly, the Jets are all over the Cowboys in the first half.

League is starting to figure out McVey's schemes and Goff is not doing any favors throwing interceptions.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
League is starting to figure out McVey's schemes and Goff is not doing any favors throwing interceptions.
That and the Rams are not running the ball effectively. McVey's offense and Goff's play are best suited to the play action pass. Defenses in the NFL are not respecting the Rams' running game.

Reactions: ru4reals

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Friedman extended for the Dodgers.
Roberts will remain manager.
Honeycut is out in favor of Prior for pitching coach.

I read two different headlines for the Honeycutt thing: one said that he's retiring, Prior is taking over, and Honeycutt is taking a part-time job; and the other was Honeycutt is being "reassigned." Seems like two very different ways of describing it. Seems like Honeycutt has been year to year re: retirement the past several seasons, so I wonder if retirement is closer to the truth.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I thought the Dodgers would have pursued Maddon or Scioscia. Doesn't matter how the Dodgers do next regular season, the media and the fans will be waiting for another Roberts mistake in the post season.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I read two different headlines for the Honeycutt thing: one said that he's retiring, Prior is taking over, and Honeycutt is taking a part-time job; and the other was Honeycutt is being "reassigned." Seems like two very different ways of describing it. Seems like Honeycutt has been year to year re: retirement the past several seasons, so I wonder if retirement is closer to the truth.
Either way, he won't be the pitching coach anymore.

I thought the Dodgers would have pursued Maddon or Scioscia. Doesn't matter how the Dodgers do next regular season, the media and the fans will be waiting for another Roberts mistake in the post season.

I don't think Dave loses his job until the Dodgers fail to win their division because at that point, he'd be struggling with the regular season and they wouldn't be able to overlook it. Honeycutt losing his position will be interesting since he's been the pitching coach for 14 years. We'll see how it impacts the pitchers.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pretty big statement made by LSU last Saturday. Hmmm, USC you could have had Orgeron, but bitching and moaning about the head coach is a favorite past time of Trojan alums.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Honestly the pitching coach is irrelevant on this team as long as Roberts and Friedman are still here. What a disaster. So disappointed keeping these 2, as if watching them choke this year wasnt bad enough.

Jun 30, 2006
Honestly the pitching coach is irrelevant on this team as long as Roberts and Friedman are still here. What a disaster. So disappointed keeping these 2, as if watching them choke this year wasnt bad enough.

Friedman is actually a real good talent evaluator and has a good developmental staff. The way they developed Turner, Muncy, Hernandez etc.

The only issue I have is he’s keeping Dave Roberts for whatever reason. Kershaw I can understand why he kept him, because that was an ownership decision. Most star players that are traded or let go is because of ownership.

Look at AEG, they kept the same guys around for awhile to continue milking the Stanley cup cow. Still do.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->